PDA

View Full Version : Any help on travel insurance

M Roberts
07-08-2007, 08:44 AM
I've seen many types of insurance. Which one has the best coverage for the lowest price?

CapeCod53
07-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I think it depends upon the details of your trip. We are traveling during hurricane season & booked airfare separately from the WDW package. Disney insurance was very expensive ($60/adult) & wd not have covered the airfare. I went to *****************. & for $75 total for 3 adults insured total airfare & WDW deposits. You can look at the details of each policy (each company will offer several levels of insurance) & then select several that seem possible & compare then all together before picking one policy.

smep013
07-09-2007, 04:32 PM
The past 2 years we have used AIG Travel Guard. It cost $80 this year total for my DH and me. We took an different policy this time (more coverage) so it cost a little more. Last year it was about $50 for both of us.

M Roberts
07-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Which one is the right one to buy? How do you tell the difference? Also, I already booked my trip a few months ago. I just need to get adequate coverage for my wife and four kids.

smep013
07-10-2007, 03:47 PM
I compared the coverage of the plan Disney offered when I booked the trip to the plan I was prepared to book with TravelGuard. It is a reputable company, so felt okay with that. And then I called and asked questions. Would I be covered if this happens? Whould I be covered if that happens? And made my decision based on that. They have many different policies. And the cost is based on the cost of your trip.

Hope that helps.

kevin75
07-11-2007, 09:18 AM
my fiance and i are going in december for our honeymoon. under what circumstances would travel insurance be a good idea?

smep013
07-11-2007, 09:20 AM
kevin,

We buy it because we travel during Hurricane season.

Also, my mom is sick, so we buy it in case I have to cancel the trip because of her illness or return home once I get there.

Most policies also cover lost and/or damaged baggage, if that is important to you.