PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier or Le Cat Food

ILoveMyDVC
07-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Just returned from 12 days on the DDP. I felt I had to let everyone know that our meal at Le Cellier was horrible! Really, really bad. I fell for the hype and booked an inconvenient late lunch just so I could be one of the lucky Le Cellier diners on day 11 of our trip.
The meal started with very blah breadsticks. I had the Caesar salad appetizer. It was a log of water with less taste than some bottled water has. DS choked down a spoonful of the melted cheese soup. My daughter was able to eat the broth of the beef and barley soup. DH actually liked his cheese soup but don't be fooled - he hates all soup and has an over the top love for melted cheese. So if you took a brick of cheese; melted it; and added a straw, he'd be very, very happy.
For dinner: Me - The maple fillet - I really didn't think they would douse a fillet with WDW BBQ sauce but that's what they did except the cut was anything but fillet. It was fatty, greasy, and purple. DS had the NY sirloin - all fat. He left most of it on his plate. DD had the pork chops- all fat - also unable to eat. DH had the vegetarian dish and liked it.
Dessert: Me-chocolate whiskey cake. Ate one bite of the frozen/defrosted, dry, tasteless hunk of cake. DS said creme brule was good. DD had the mediocre shake and DH had the ice cream: He couldn't tell the difference between the peach and blackberry other than the coloring. So all in all it was nearly the most disappointing meal of the 12 days. The service by Kala was superb and the only thing that kept this meal from being the worst at WDW (that honor goes to Concourse for their bad food and extremely rude and poor service.)

cafetao
07-06-2007, 06:04 PM
I too was disappointed with Le Cellier. My experience was no where near as bad as yours sounds, but I found the food to be just so-so, and the pretzel breadsticks at Cinderellas Castle were far superior.

Deb & Bill
07-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Wow, you just panned two of my favorite dining places at WDW. We ate a both in June and had wonderful meals (as well as wonderful servers) at both. Just goes to show that everyone will not get the same meal. Everyone always raves about the pot roast at Rainforest Cafe and Prime Time. The pot roast I had at both of these two places was horrid. Give me my Liberty Tree pot roast over either of these two.

Sorry you had some bad meals.

ILoveMyDVC
07-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Wow, you just panned two of my favorite dining places at WDW. We ate a both in June and had wonderful meals (as well as wonderful servers) at both. Just goes to show that everyone will not get the same meal. Everyone always raves about the pot roast at Rainforest Cafe and Prime Time. The pot roast I had at both of these two places was horrid. Give me my Liberty Tree pot roast over either of these two.

Sorry you had some bad meals.

WOW - 3 of us had the pot roast at Prime Time and loved it. I don't think Prime Time is worth the prices they charge but the pot roast was wonderful as were the shakes (not so at Le Cellier- the vanilla shake I had wasn't anything to write home about).

CherCrazy
07-06-2007, 06:20 PM
I've read many posts about the quality of the food going down with the advent of the meal plan. Sad to hear another restaurant bites the dust. :sad2:

sandybobandy
07-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Oh no! So sorry you had such a bad meal. We went to Le Cellier last year and had high hopes since so many here rave about it. While we didn't have such as bad of an experience as you did, we were really unimpressed.

Question for you-did you express your concern to the waiter? I know sometimes it's not worth it-you know you won't like it either way....but I'm just wondering if you said anything?

Hope the rest of your meals were fantastic! :)

ILoveMyDVC
07-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh no! So sorry you had such a bad meal. We went to Le Cellier last year and had high hopes since so many here rave about it. While we didn't have such as bad of an experience as you did, we were really unimpressed.

Question for you-did you express your concern to the waiter? I know sometimes it's not worth it-you know you won't like it either way....but I'm just wondering if you said anything?

Hope the rest of your meals were fantastic! :)

The waitress was incredibly nice and efficient. She would have really felt badly if we complained - I could just tell. And since she doesn't pick the food or cook it, I didn't want to vent to her.

Thanks - We enjoyed all of the other meals especially Spoodles and Flying Fish.

EpcotLove
07-06-2007, 06:38 PM
oh god. I have a reservation for Le Cellier on my last day of my sept trip.... I hope it doesn't turn out that bad..

at least I like melted cheese and creme brulee..... haha :-P

Dizneydaz
07-06-2007, 06:54 PM
We are skipping LC this year since our meal last year was just okay. It was actually the worst meal of our trip but then all of our other meals were pretty good, if not great. Luckily our food wasn't the problem ( I knew to order steak without the sauce, and my steak was good) Most of our problem was with our server, and the restaurant being crowded, and messy. Our server didn't bring my DM's wine. After we had our appies, we asked about it and he said "Oh, I thought you would want it with dinner" We think he forgot it as he was very busy running around. We cancelled the wine. Also, the floor underneath our table was covered in french fries. The final complaint I had was that the Creme Brulee Duet, while good, was a very small serving. I had the Maple Creme Brulee the year before and it was much better-and more generous. The whole atmosphere had deteriated from our lunch there last year. So, this year we'll be dining somewhere different at Epcot.

Sorry it was so bad. :confused:

kathie859
07-06-2007, 07:01 PM
I was so disappointed when we ate at LeCellier in 2005, I've never been back. I thought maybe I was expecting it to be stellar based on the rave reviews I had read but, in hindsight, the food was ok--not great, but ok. I hated feeling like I was eating in my basement. I didn't like the ambience at all. Too crowded. Oh, and our server was not efficient at all AND we waited for 45 minutes past our ADR time. So I guess it was a combination of things:sad2:

DisneyHolidayFan
07-06-2007, 07:02 PM
We just ate at LeCellier the first week of June and everything was terrific! My husband had the strip steak and I had the beef tips, both outstanding. The cheese soup was wonderful and the sorbet (peach and blackberry) was splendid. Maybe, it is the chef on duty??

Laugh O. Grams
07-06-2007, 07:07 PM
We were stuck with 4:20 ADRs last Tuesday and had an underwhelming meal at Le Cellier as well. After reading the stellar reviews here, we expected so much more. We won't be returning.

Rustysmom
07-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm very sorry your meal wasn't good, but I have to laugh at your title- Le Cat Food! :lmao:

I've never eaten there but I'm giving it a shot in August. I also made ADRs for November when we'll have to pay out of pocket, but if our meal in August stinks, I'm going to cancel them.

dogsmom
07-06-2007, 07:48 PM
We ate there in December and it was excellent. The steak was very tender. Sorry your expereince was not as good!

Doesney
07-06-2007, 07:54 PM
We ate there once and never will return. All the hype over the cheese soup and pretzel sticks piqued my curiousity. OMG it was like eating melted cheeze whiz with a stale prtzel. The steak was just eh and the asian shrimp appetizer was awful The shrimp were of very poor quality. Really a bad dining experience all the way around. :sad2:

pooch
07-06-2007, 10:49 PM
just goes to show that, not only is everyone's taste different, but some days at any given restaurant are better than others. We truly enjoyed Le Cellier last year for DH's birthday dinner. DS & DD could have made a meal out of the breads and DH pronounced the Filet Mignon the best of the trip and he ate A LOT of Filet Mignon!!!! My mussel appy was a little too salty but everything else was wonderful!! The staff all got together and signed a birthday card for DH and presented it to him with his dessert, a nice touch. My advice, for what it's worth. If you've looked at the menu and a restaurant interests you, try it. You really can't go by other peoples' opinions (except mine of course!!). JMHO!!!!

DisMN
07-07-2007, 12:51 AM
DH and I ate here twice before the dining plan and once after. As with all our other dining experiences, the excellent quality pre-dining plan evaporated AFTER the dining plan was implimented and we found ourselves with steaks very similar to the ones the OP described having been served herself.
VERY disappointing to say the least.
We probably won't be back either......although it's comical to hear the reservationist always trying to push this restaurant on us when we call in to make ressies for OTHER restaurants.

Pumbaa_
07-07-2007, 06:01 AM
The only thing I have ever ordered here is the mushroom filet. I hve tasted the maple filet, and it was not as good, IMO.

Tony-NJ
07-07-2007, 06:34 AM
wow - sorry you had such a bad experience! We ate there many many times over the years and never had a bad meal or bad service. It's normal to have to wait to be seated there - it's one of the more popular restaurants in EPCOT. We actually tried last week to get ressies there for end of Oct / Early November. 11 nights - not one seating accept for 8:45!!!

Kdog
07-07-2007, 06:51 AM
I'm sorry about your meal. Although I generally have wonderful meals at WDW, I suspect that quality can really vary, even at the same restaurant. LeCellier was our favorite meal last year (my DH still fantasizes about his mushroom filet.) However, on that same trip, we had a horrible meal at Concourse. Now, I've read many positive reviews about Concourse, some which were posted by people who also raved about LeCellier. I don't doubt that many people had excellent meals at CS; I just know that my particular day and meal was not good. I'm hoping to strike gold again at Le Cellier this Christmas trip, but I am preparing myself in case the meal is not as good as the last time.

antmaril
07-07-2007, 07:18 AM
My family was very unimpressed with LeCellier. I had high hopes based on the hype, but we thought our lunch was just okay. We didn't have the problems you had, but my family has no interest in returning.

I didn't care for the atmosphere either. I thought it was dark and dreary.

4 DZNY NUTZ
07-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Le Cellier

Been there 2 times.......loved it. The food was superb!!!!

pumba
07-07-2007, 07:28 AM
if more people keep complaining then MAYBE I can get a ressie in September.....we usually go to LE Cellier and the prime rib and cheddar cheese soup and breadsticks are our usual order.....Our grandkids have gotten the free range chicken and they loved it too.......
I am sorry that you had a bad meal but I think that the way you can overcome this is to report it....

Cruz Family
07-07-2007, 07:30 AM
We have been to Le Cellier 3 times in the past three years and we always love it. We ordered most of the things the OP complained about and never had a problem. I know we will be back!

Praying Colonel
07-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Maybe we can sticky this thread and encourage more negative reviews so more ADR's will open up there! ;)

Aimeedyan
07-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Sorry you were disappointed =( I was looking forward to it on our trip in Sept and it was the worst meal of our trip. Food wasn't anything special (I could have a better steak at home at Outback!), atmosphere was cramped, and service was HORRIBLE.

My mom eats there frequently for things and says that the service and food is hit or miss. Mostly hits, but there are misses. Since they obviously can't get their act together and present a consistent quality overall, we are skipping it on our trips.

If we lived there like she does it might be worth trying more often. If I want a steak, I'm going to someplace I know without a doubt will have a fantastic steak.

Huff
07-07-2007, 10:55 AM
We ate there last January and loved it. I had the mushroom filet and it was melt in your mouth good! Service was excellent.

I also had steaks at Spoodles and Coral Reef and both were VERY tough and chewy. The seafood at Coral was excellent.

Blueyed Girl
07-07-2007, 11:05 AM
We ate there for Valentine's day this year for our Anniversary dinner. Honestly my hubby cooks MUCH better steaks on the grill in our back yard.:thumbsup2 The waitress caught an attitude becuase my 2 year old was being shy and didn't talk to her.:rolleyes: And she acknowledged our 13 years of marriage by saying "that's nice".:confused3 We will not be returning. I think next time we will skip the steaks and try Mexico instead.

RyMickey
07-07-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't get the raves for Le Cellier. We didn't have what I would consider to be a bad meal there, but the steak at our local Outback was better than that at Le Cellier. We may give it another try in a few years, but for now it's off our list.

LoraJ
07-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Sorry you were disappointed =( I was looking forward to it on our trip in Sept and it was the worst meal of our trip. Food wasn't anything special (I could have a better steak at home at Outback!), atmosphere was cramped, and service was HORRIBLE.

My mom eats there frequently for things and says that the service and food is hit or miss. Mostly hits, but there are misses. Since they obviously can't get their act together and present a consistent quality overall, we are skipping it on our trips.

If we lived there like she does it might be worth trying more often. If I want a steak, I'm going to someplace I know without a doubt will have a fantastic steak.

I enjoy Le Cellier, but so many people here on the DIS over-hype it so much and make it out to be sometheing it isn't. I agree with you, I can get better steaks at the Outback.

We usually go every trip, but were very under-whelmed on our last visit. I think next time we will probably just skip it all together and try out Yachtsman Steakhouse.

crisi
07-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't get the raves for Le Cellier. We didn't have what I would consider to be a bad meal there, but the steak at our local Outback was better than that at Le Cellier. We may give it another try in a few years, but for now it's off our list.

That was our last trip as well. Years ago we had a Good steak at Le Cellier, but the past trip or two (post dining plan) we've had a "good value" steak - nothing spectacular, but a Outback quality steak at a "Disney version of Outback" price. We'd go again, if it weren't a bother to get reservations - we've never had an overly fatty or overly grizzled steak. Since it seems to be, it isn't worth calling ahead and worrying about - or "ruining" someone else's trip by using a reservation someone else covets.

I really hope people aren't disappointed due to the amount of hype this restaurant has been getting here. The difference between "decent" and "bad" can be a matter of expectations.

ClareH37
07-07-2007, 11:21 AM
I last ate there in December 2006 and vowed never again! I had the caesar salad (smothered in pepper and a watery sauce), followed by a plain filet steak (I have to have gluten free so could not have any sauce) - the steak was fatty, and looked like an old boot leather. No way was it a filet cut. Our server could not cope with the busy restaurant, and the toilets were out of order due to a 'nasty accident' in one of them that led to the ladies toilets flooding!

I've eaten there over 7 times and had noticed it was not as good as it used to be (a victim of it's own fame perhaps?), but December 2006 was just plain awful.

Cruz Family
07-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Maybe we can sticky this thread and encourage more negative reviews so more ADR's will open up there! ;)

:thumbsup2 sounds like a plan to me!!!!!

PC, I read your 2006 TR before my last trip and loved it, can't wait for the next one!!

Tikitoi
07-07-2007, 11:35 AM
We've had great meals at LeCellier and Concourse, can't wait to go back to either. Sorry your's didn't work out.

Dis Ohana
07-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks for that very honest review. I'm so glad I trusted my instinct on this one and just passed - looked at pictures of the place and did not like the ambience, I'm not a big steak fan and the rest just wasn't appealing. I read so many rave reviews here though that I had begun to think maybe I should go just to go. Decided to be nice and leave that ADR open for someone that would really appreciate it ;) .

I would love to hear your review on Spoodles and Flying Fish. I do have ADR's there and I'm a little concerned about the recent negative things I've been reading here lately. Also would like to know more about FF.

Hope the rest of your trip and dining experiences were better than LC.

emh1129
07-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience there :(
We really disliked our meal there in January and won't be going back again. There are too many other restaurants at the World to waste another meal there. We didn't go in with super-high expectations, but it was definitely subpar. Below what you'd expect at Outback.
I agree with some of the other posters- the steaks we cook out on the grill at home are much, much better.

schwaa
07-07-2007, 12:21 PM
This thread make me sad on many levels. I always go to Le Cellier. It's my favorite restaurant at wdw.

disneyphanatic1911
07-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Wow, I went last summer and really enjoyed it. I have 2:30 late lunch reservations for Sunday, and am hoping the food hasn't gone down in just a year. :confused:

mickey2000
07-07-2007, 07:45 PM
We've had great meals at LeCellier and Concourse many times.
Was there last August, October and December 2006.

I'm returning in September for 10 days. Hoping that someone here will cancel as I would like a 3rd ADR to LeCellier for the 10th. I currently have two.
I will start calling on Monday :cool1:
SEPT 1 5:00 PM SPOODLES
SEPT 2 6:00 PM FRANCE
SEPT 3 6:20 PM LE CELLIER
SEPT 4 6:10 PM CONCOURSE STEAKHOUSE
SEPT 5 5:20 PM MA MELROSE FANTASMIC
SEPT 6 6:10 PM LE CELLIER
SEPT 7 6:50 PM NARCOOSSEE’S
SEPT 8 4:30 PM CORAL REEF
SEPT 9 5:50 PM BOMA
SEPT 10 ?????? :dance3:

ILoveMyDVC
07-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks for that very honest review. I'm so glad I trusted my instinct on this one and just passed - looked at pictures of the place and did not like the ambience, I'm not a big steak fan and the rest just wasn't appealing. I read so many rave reviews here though that I had begun to think maybe I should go just to go. Decided to be nice and leave that ADR open for someone that would really appreciate it ;) .

I would love to hear your review on Spoodles and Flying Fish. I do have ADR's there and I'm a little concerned about the recent negative things I've been reading here lately. Also would like to know more about FF.

Hope the rest of your trip and dining experiences were better than LC.

I wish I had passed it over as well. As many others have said, the ambiance leaves much to be desired, too.
I reviewed Flying Fish and Spoodles on the same day this was originally posted. Positive reviews hardly ever generate much interest so I'm sure it's back a few pages. ;)

scrump
07-08-2007, 08:10 AM
I never understood the hype for this restaurant. It has always been just ok for us, but I am surprised at how many negative reviews I have seen for this place recently.

Houston_Disney_Fan
07-08-2007, 08:29 AM
We've tried Le Cellier twice, and found it so-so both times. I agree that the chefs are probably being forced to rush things, and the atmosphere of being both underground and crowded is not our cup of tea. Anytime someone posts a poll on here "Le Cellier or _______?", it's easy for me to vote for whatever the other choice is. Unless, of course, it's Hollywood and Vine.

square pond
07-08-2007, 08:40 AM
We also booked Le Cellier on our last trip after hearing all the praise and had the worst meal of our entire trip! The service was terrible. We were VERY rushed...the waiter brought our food before we were even done with the bread sticks and salad and took my husbands salad while he was still eating it! My filet had the oddest taste to it?? I even tasted my husbands to see if it was just me but we both agreed it tasted like a dirty grill!! I actually emailed Disney and they did call to ask what happened. I have to admit we did not complain there. I have heard many a horror story about sending food back. :eek:

Inkmahm
07-08-2007, 08:44 AM
My DH and I were talking about this thread at dinner last night. I'm very picky with my steak quality because we live in the midwest, where there is rarely a bad steak encountered except at chain restaurants. We've never been to Le Cellier and have our first reservation there for dinner in December based on the comments here at the DIS. We're still planning on going, even with the offsetting negative reviews. If it's bad, at least we'll have tried it to know for ourselves. If it's great, we'll add another favorite steak restaurant to our already crowded list of Jiko's, Cali Grill, Brown Derby, and Yachtsmen steakhouse.

I do have a question about the cheese soup though. DH and I are wondering if the people who love it so much don't have access to good cheese soup at home. We live in WI so there are many restaurants here with great cheese soup. My favorite is beer cheese soup, of course. It won't be a novelty to us and we are likely to be picky about the quality of the soup since we know great cheese soup already. So, is it the novelty of the cheese soup that makes it so popular or do the people who love it at Le Cellier also have good cheese soup at home?

hmp2z
07-08-2007, 08:46 AM
We have no horror stories, but we also find the place to be way over-hyped. Fine by me, though, as it frees up reservations at the few decent restaurants left at WDW :) The pretzel bread is quite good, but everything else is just "eh."

Cheers!
Heather W

honeymo78
07-08-2007, 08:48 AM
We too are skipping Le Cellier this trip, as we did in March as well. It just isn't the same. Service has been fine, if not excellent. However, with the steak being just okay and the quiet relaxing atmosphere gone (I mean seriously how much closer is my neighbor's table going to get?) we've opted to eat elsewhere when we are in the Epcot area.

mrp4352
07-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Once upon a time, Le Cellier had fantastic food and a lovely, quiet, calm atmosphere. Then the dining plan came. (No, this isn't a knock against the dining plan - I use it and love it!) The plan has changed the demographics eating in some of the restaurants and the restaurants have had to change to keep up with the new demand. These restaurants are now more affordable to families with 2-3 children because they're included in the package price; when in the past, the price of the meal might have kept them from eating there.

I miss my old Le Cellier - we've not gone back inside to eat the last couple of trips because of experiences with children running wild (one literally running laps around three tables, one of which was ours). Most of the children behave, but there always seems to be one family...

The food is good, though. And to answer someone's question - no, we don't get much good cheese soup around here, so that's part of what makes Le Cellier's so special. So, I will continue to order my soup and breadsticks to go and dine by the lagoon.

zulaya
07-08-2007, 10:03 AM
We, too, fell for the "hype" of Le Cellier. Once in 2000...what a joke. Skipped it for many years and decided to try it again in 2006. While I can't say we had a ton of fat on our meat, my filet was NOT a filet.

I'm sure people are sick of me saying it, but Le Cellier is NOT the best steakhouse on property. It is NOT worth killing yourself to get an ADR there. I have a better steakhouse locally here in MN that could knock the socks off Le Cellier in ambience, service, food and price.

We will NEVER be going to Le Cellier again and we encourage people to not fall for the hype that they read about.

Deb & Bill
07-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Like I said in the second post on this thread, Le Cellier is a favorite of ours. We just ate there in June and all three of us had the filet. All three of us had an excellent cut of steak and all the sides were delicious as well. Our server was so pleasant and he gave us extra bread to take back to our villa with us. My husband had the creme brulet duet and he thought it was very good. I had the sorbets and also thought they were very good. The cheese soup was very tasty (and I have had some excellent cheese soup up North). The only drawback was the young family with several small children that the parents allowed to disturb the other guests. Lucky for us that they left about midway through our meal.

We have had times when it took a while to seat us, but we were seated immediately and there were other guests still waiting to be seated (maybe no ADR). We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and our server brought my husband and I each a small glass of champagne on the restaurant.

We're going back in Nov.

Slapster
07-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Inconsistency is what keeps good restaurants from becoming great ones. Too bad Le Cellier seems to be affected by this. We've had two great meals there, but don't plan to go back on on the next trip. Too many others to try!

:thumbsup2

EpcotLove
07-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah it just sounds really inconsistent. It has so much potential too, minus the close seating...

honey11dog
07-08-2007, 12:30 PM
My husband and I are finally getting a chance to eat alone in Disney without the kids for one night. We honeymooned in Disney in 95 and have missed the old days of having a relaxing meal to ourselves at Disney. I had made up my mind to try Le Cellier. But with these reviews, I am afraid to waste our one night alone at this restaurant. Any other suggestions on a nice place to eat that is consistently good? I hate to pay that much money for a so so meal too! HELP:confused3

Blueyed Girl
07-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Like I said in the second post on this thread, Le Cellier is a favorite of ours. We just ate there in June and all three of us had the filet. All three of us had an excellent cut of steak and all the sides were delicious as well. Our server was so pleasant and he gave us extra bread to take back to our villa with us. My husband had the creme brulet duet and he thought it was very good. I had the sorbets and also thought they were very good. The cheese soup was very tasty (and I have had some excellent cheese soup up North). The only drawback was the young family with several small children that the parents allowed to disturb the other guests. Lucky for us that they left about midway through our meal.

We have had times when it took a while to seat us, but we were seated immediately and there were other guests still waiting to be seated (maybe no ADR). We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and our server brought my husband and I each a small glass of champagne on the restaurant.

We're going back in Nov.

Sounds like you were very lucky to have such a wonderful meal. Except for those pesky kids, of course.

elastigirlfan
07-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Wow! We just ate there and liked it...would definetly go back. Loved the breadsticks, the cheese soup was delish, my steak was great!! Loved my moose dessert!!:love:

crisi
07-08-2007, 02:08 PM
My DH and I were talking about this thread at dinner last night. I'm very picky with my steak quality because we live in the midwest, where there is rarely a bad steak encountered except at chain restaurants. We've never been to Le Cellier and have our first reservation there for dinner in December based on the comments here at the DIS. We're still planning on going, even with the offsetting negative reviews. If it's bad, at least we'll have tried it to know for ourselves. If it's great, we'll add another favorite steak restaurant to our already crowded list of Jiko's, Cali Grill, Brown Derby, and Yachtsmen steakhouse.

I do have a question about the cheese soup though. DH and I are wondering if the people who love it so much don't have access to good cheese soup at home. We live in WI so there are many restaurants here with great cheese soup. My favorite is beer cheese soup, of course. It won't be a novelty to us and we are likely to be picky about the quality of the soup since we know great cheese soup already. So, is it the novelty of the cheese soup that makes it so popular or do the people who love it at Le Cellier also have good cheese soup at home?

I'm in Minnesota, so I'm familiar with good beer cheese soup (smuggled in from over the boarder, of course). And from a different thread today it sounds like we have similar taste.

We've always found our steak at Le Cellier to be acceptable - and a few times its actually been exceptional FOR THE PRICE. It was better than the Narcoosee's steak we had one trip, and cheaper. But it isn't Jiko quality steak, in my experience. However, its $10 less than the Jiko steak. You get what you pay for.

The cheese soup is - in my opinion - pretty good. Its a beer cheese soup with Moosehead - a little to "floury" for my taste (and I can't eat it any more - gluten intolerance) - but every time I've had it is a good cheddar and a good beer. However, it isn't exceptional - diners in Wisconsin carry soup as good or better (depending on the diner, of course). And no popcorn.

However, stick with the steak - I've had other dishes there and they've always been disappointing (usually salmon).

andromedaslove
07-08-2007, 02:18 PM
This is my DH's favorite restaurant at WDW, well maybe second favorite. He loves the one at POR. We have NEVER had a bad meal there, and my kids 2 & 6 absolutely loved the kids steaks. I am so sorry you had such a horrible experience.

Dana

ILoveMyDVC
07-08-2007, 08:38 PM
My husband and I are finally getting a chance to eat alone in Disney without the kids for one night. We honeymooned in Disney in 95 and have missed the old days of having a relaxing meal to ourselves at Disney. I had made up my mind to try Le Cellier. But with these reviews, I am afraid to waste our one night alone at this restaurant. Any other suggestions on a nice place to eat that is consistently good? I hate to pay that much money for a so so meal too! HELP:confused3

Flying Fish but it will be costly. Or, Spoodles, but like most WDW restaurants, it will be noisy. My husband (Mexican food nut) liked St. Angel Inn (Mexico EPCOT) very much last year as did the other 4 members of our party. Can't beat the ambience there :love:

DisneyBee
07-08-2007, 09:28 PM
We ate there last for lunch week on July 3rd and everything was just great. It was blazing hot and going inside was like instant refreshment - it was cool, calm and relaxed. Our server was exceptional - not rushed, even though every table was filled. She took her time and made us feel like we were important and answered all of our questions and even posed for a picture. We were on the dining plan, so we all ordered appetizers. I'll admit the soup tasted much like my own cheese soup, but my son still felt it was very good. I had the beefsteak tomato to start with and it was refreshing and very good. My husband had the beef barley soup and he thought it was above average. The courses were all brought out in an appropriate pace - we never once felt rushed, nor did we feel like we had been waiting too long.

Our entrees were all very good as well - my husband had the New York Strip and said it was excellent. My son wasn't wild about his prime rib sandwich, but I think he was expecting something else - we had it boxed and my husband had it later and said it was good. The whiskey cake was average, but still good. My creme brulee was very, very good, and my son had the chocolate "moose." It wasn't exceptional, but what one expect of something that comes out looking like a moose. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and we can't wait to go back. Oh, and I loved the pretzel bread!

To each his own, I suppose. I wouldn't eat at Cinderella's Royal Table again if you paid me. I thought that was horrid for what it cost. Others think it's fabulous. Just goes to show that there's something for everyone at Disney.

Tink3Belle
07-09-2007, 12:44 PM
If they don't serve good food no one will want to go there without the dining plan - they better get their act together.

cryssi
07-09-2007, 02:57 PM
everyone raves about the pretzel breadsticks, but...are they better than biergarten? I was telling DH about the cheese soup and pretzel breadsticks and he said "you can get the pretzel bread at biergarten" ...

We eat pretzel bread often, so what makes Le Cellier's so special? Just wondering. We have ADRs there, but I'm trying not to overhype it...

DisneyBee
07-09-2007, 09:55 PM
We've already decided that we won't use the dining plan next year when we go (too much food) and that we will definitely dine at LeCellier again as we truly enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service.

Minniespal
07-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Shame that you had such a bad experience.

christinou
07-11-2007, 08:09 AM
We have never had a problem with the food, we thought that it was good certainly not oustanding, but the service has been pretty bad every time we have been there, we finally gave up on it.

Camicar
07-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Disney really needs to look into the inconsistency of food and service at their restaurants. Especially at the prices they charge at Le Cellier or for the very basic food at Prime Time, the consumer has a right to expect consistently good quality of food and service.

There are many people -- myself included -- who will not give a restaurant a third or even, second chance. Why should we?

Steffi
07-11-2007, 08:36 AM
My family and I have eaten at Le Cellier twice, prior to the DDP. DH & I both had the NY Strip and it was good. Good like from a steak chain, which is ok with us. It was the service that really turned us off the place. Our waiter was very, very blah and acted like everything was a huge chore. I've had more cheerful service at McDonald's!

LoveThatDarnMouse
07-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience but like many have said, depends on the day and the waiter/waitress. Maybe they are overworked there because they are arguably the most popular restaurant on Disney property. They probably had about 2 seconds to get the table ready and hadn't noticed the fries on the floor.

We tried it last year on DDP and are returning again next week~only able to get a 4:30 but we'll take it. It was definitely one of the better ones in our opinion.

Booknut
07-12-2007, 08:45 AM
I do think that Le Cellier, like any other restaurant is going to get things wrong occasionally.

DH and I ate there last September. We both had the cheddar cheese soup, I liked it, DH wasn't that fond of it. We both also ordered the filet steak and his was so wonderful, tender, could have cut it with a fork. Mine, however, was horrible, could barely cut it with a knife and had to send it back. They were good about it though and offered me anything I wanted.

But in general we loved Le Cellier and one bad steak (which I consider unlucky on my part!) won't stop me going back (not to mention their Cappuccino Freezes which are DIVINE!!!).

Sorry you had such a bad meal.

disneyphanatic1911
07-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Wow, I went last summer and really enjoyed it. I have 2:30 late lunch reservations for Sunday, and am hoping the food hasn't gone down in just a year. :confused:

Well guys I was there Sunday afternoon, and I have to tell you that I was very disappointed! :(

I could be wrong but it seems as though the quality of the food, as well as the menu selection has gone down drastically since my trip last summer.

The menu was only a page long, and I thought it was booklike last time. My biggest disappointment was with the creme' broule. I remember it being a nice sized bowl last year, as opposed to being a tiny little bowl this time. My heart was truly broken, and I vowed to not eat there again until I hear better reviews.

It really seems as though all of the restaurants have reduced their menu choices since bringing in the Dining Plan. However, my best meal so far (breakfast) this trip was at Kona Cafe! (YUMMY). I'll have a review with pics next week!

***sidenote*** My wife wanted me to let you know that the "Duck" appetizer was awesome, and the presentation of the Smores dessert was excellent! ***sidenote***

postmanrings
07-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Ate at Le Cellier last week and the 4 of us enjoyed it very much. Each of us had a plus and minus. I would rather have good heavy Italian bread then the sticks which were rather bland to me. Ordered the sauce on the side with the steak and thought the steak was OK. Another ordered the mushroom with the steak and wished he would have also had it on the side. LOVED the appetizer of duck ,(probably the best new thing I had this year). We sat on an outside wall so didn't feel quite as squashed. So all in all we spent $130 worth on the DDP for 4 and felt good when we left. BTY also had the duck appetizer at Artist point after having it here and it was also very good. Artist point gets our favorite place for the week.

SnowWhite607
07-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Thats weird...I ate there a few days after you (7-18-07) and everything was great! Dh and I had the mushroom filet and it was done perfectly, so tender and juicy. The creme brulee was fantastic, especially the maple side.

lexiashley@verizon.n
07-25-2007, 12:05 AM
We spent 11 Days on the DDP- 1 adult and 2 kids(8 and 2) . The food at Le Cellier was okay. Not the best steak I ever had but not the worst. It started with Breadsticks-1 Pretzel,1 Sourdough and 1 I can't remember. They were okay. Appeteaser was Canadian Cheese Soup. This too was okay. I ordered the expensive Filet Mignon with Potatoes. It was rather small and not exactly what I expected it to taste like. I believe my expectations far exceeded my tastebuds. Dessert was awesome. Maple and Vanilla Creme Brullee. Overall this was not our best meal in 11 Days but It was good. We have booked Le Cellier again for our trip in November. My advise try it. At least it was a quiet meal away from the stimulus of the park. That's what being on the DDP is all about. Trial and Success.

37 Trips and Counting....
I have stayed at all the resorts. From Towers,Concierge,Preffered and Standard ):cool1:

AuntBot
07-25-2007, 03:28 PM
My family ate at Le Cellier a couple of years ago. Sad to say, four of us (all those who ate steak) got food poisoning. We'll never go back! :sick:

honeybee30
07-25-2007, 04:17 PM
We just dined at Le Cellier for the 2nd time this past May, and we weren't overjoyed with the food or service either time. We found the food to be pretty salty, actually. I guess after eating at Jiko, Cali Grill, Artist Point, Flying Fish, etc that Le Cellier is just not as impressive. It wasn't as terrible as the OP's experience, but there are definitely better places to eat at WDW!

Stinkerbell317
07-25-2007, 08:20 PM
We had late lunches at both Le Cellier and Prime Time this past June. Enjoyed both immensely! And, I might mention, that I am a high maintanence customer and very, very picky about everything at restaurants! I guess we hit them both on good days.

thejollyfinn
08-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Last fall, our family of four ate at LeCellier and found the food, presentation, service and atmosphere to be great. Reading this thread (and some similiar across the boards here), I'm noticing and a Love / Hate split on this restaurant.
I'm hoping for another positive dining experience in about a month.

Fingers are crossed!

cmurray234
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
We ate at Le Cellier in February. It was just okay for us. I've had better steak at Uno's. :confused3 I didn't hate it, but don't understand the fuss. I know some people love it - and that's okay. It just isn't for me.

Praying Colonel
08-20-2007, 02:33 PM
From Mike Scopa's live blog from WDW (http://www.allearsnet.com/blogs/mikescopa/):

We made our way to Canada and had lunch at Le Cellier.

We overheard one of the castmembers say that the restaurant was fully booked up to January.

Wow--imagine how booked the restaurant would be if the food was any good! :rotfl:

KevGuy
08-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Wow that is too bad for you folks hate to see a bad report like that, you should give it a try again in the future. I thought it was the best steak I had at Disney when we ate there. The wait staff was tremendous too. We had a late dinner left in mid-meal and watched the Illuminations show and came back to our table no problem. I will admit I really didn't care for the cheese soup but I'm not a big soup guy anyway. You must have had a rare bad occasion and the exception because for every bad report I've seen (can't remember the last one either) there are literally hundreds of good ones. Not doubting your experience at all but it must be a 100-1 chance of that happening or it wouldn't be so popular and there would definately be a ton of bad reports and look around any message board, there aren't any.....:confused3

bamagoofy
08-20-2007, 02:57 PM
The chef left to run Jiko's. I wonder if the hit or miss experiences have increased due to this?

Tissa
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
I thought the food was ok but it wasn't "Oh this is sooo good that I can't want to get back on the Dis to tell everyone". Really I had better steak and service at the Brown Derby. I think it is always booked because it's the darling of the boards.

MissMichelle
08-23-2007, 04:54 PM
From Mike Scopa's live blog from WDW (http://www.allearsnet.com/blogs/mikescopa/):

Wow--imagine how booked the restaurant would be if the food was any good! :rotfl:

LOL!!! I love it.

Seriously...when I hear people saying "I don't understand the raves and why it is hyped up" I am confused. It is obviously raved about and "hyped up" because those people had excellent meals there.

Everyone is different and I take reviews with a grain of salt. I read many amazing reviews of Le Cellier and luckily I ended up agreeing 100%. I love it and will be eating there Monday.

Now WCC I hear great things and I was turned off there...BUT we are giving it another try next week. I never cross something off my list off just 1 try.

Zdog
08-24-2007, 09:54 AM
With respect to everyone's opinion, remember, we all have different tastes and likes and dislikes. We found LC to be very tasty, with great service and a nice atmosphere. I had the Mushroom Filet as a main, and the sorbet, and loved em both! As an added plus, it was the final night for a much beloved server, and many of her coworkers were there for a meal that night, serenading her with a great rendition of "Oh Canada". :) . I would not discount the experiences of others, but considering the shear number of people served as this restaurant, as with all others at WDW, there are bound to be good meals, and meals that are not quite up to snuff. Go with an open mind and tummy, and judge for yourself!!

LoveTheWDWMagic
08-24-2007, 12:40 PM
I am sorry you had a bad experience at Le Cellier. We had dinner there on 8/12, me, dh, ds14 and ds8. We were also looking forward to this restaurant after reading all the great reviews from both here and allearsnet. IMHO, it was good, not great. The pretzel breadsticks were good, but the bread at Kona and O'hana were better. We all had steaks and thought it was good, but not anything to write home about. We thought the dinner at Coral Reef was better. We will be going to WDW again next year and Le Cellier is not on our list of restaurant to return to.

Squidrific
08-28-2007, 03:34 PM
We are just back and had a late lunch at LeCellier on Saturday. It was wonderful! I have eaten there every year for the past 3 years and this was the best meal I have had. I ordered the maple BBQ filet, the shrimp cocktail and had the creme brulee for dessert. The shrimp was wonderful as always. I am sad that they changed the presentation - it used to come on top of the wasabi slaw in a chinese carryout container and it was so cute. However, the taste is still superb. My steak was medium rare and was just as flavorful and tender as was my friend's medium well steak. The maple BBQ was served on the side and complimented the cream cheese mashed potatoes. The creme brulee was wonderful and just right as the finishing touch. Our server was awesome and attentive and this was the best meal of the trip! :thumbsup2

snoopywoodstockus
08-31-2007, 08:40 AM
What a shame. I am sorry your experience was not a pleasant one.

I think we all have that in our lives. Someone says this restaurant is phenominal and when you try it....well, let's just say you think you got the wrong restaurant.

We thoroughly enjoyed both the restaurants that you mentioned and have already booked both for our trip in December.

dburg30
08-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Heck, think of any resturant that you go to a lot. Do you ALWAYS get what you expect or some days do you get underwhelmed? I know I'm a picky eater, and love O'charley's because I can actually order stuff and not have to special order :D. We went like 3 or 4 times, and LOVED the food. Then the next couple of times, ehhh was ok, steak was overdone or more charred then I like, so we didnt go back for a month or 2. Went back was better, but not as good, then the last couple of times it was awesome again. I just think it will vary depending on who's cooking, what the meat supply is like, how the temperature is set etc etc. It doesnt suprise me at all that you will have wildly differning reviews on any resturant. Unless it's like a 5 start joint, then I would expect you'd get many more positive reviews.

Dzny Nut
08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Sorry you felt that, but me and my family loved it. Yeah.

Kickapoo Joie Juice
09-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm FALLING over laughing at the title! :laughing:

Definitely was Le Cat Food for us, too.

It was also Le I Cant See My Plate Cause It's So Dark

and

Le Dirtiest Bathroom I've Ever Seen In EPCOT

DeeCeeSW
09-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Had dinner at Le Cellier last Thursday night. My mussels appetizer was very small (the mussels were the size of peas--I get better at Carrabba's, a chain restaurant in NJ) and my mushroom filet was VERY, VERY salty. The only good thing about that dinner was my S'mores dessert. I should have listened to DH and skipped LC this trip. I had heartburn for two days!

Kickapoo, I agree about the bathrooms. And the ladies room was ridiculous--2 stalls??!!! I guess Canadian women don't usually need to use the bathroom while dining out? :confused3

To each his own, though. And, yes, I know what comes next--good if I don't like it, it means more availabilty for those of you who do!!! :rotfl:

Geekerbell
09-03-2007, 04:01 PM
The chef left to run Jiko's. I wonder if the hit or miss experiences have increased due to this?

I have been wondering if this would have an impact on the quality of LC. When my family ate there last fall, it was by far the best dining experience (food, service, etc) of our entire trip.

LarryJ
09-03-2007, 04:17 PM
I have been wondering if this would have an impact on the quality of LC. When my family ate there last fall, it was by far the best dining experience (food, service, etc) of our entire trip.

In all our WDW trips this is one we have passed up and finally made ADRs for our upcoming trip later this year. We've eaten at almost every TS resturant at WDW and most CS ones also except this one and maybe 5 or 10 others mainly because we have to include some of those we have enjoyed in the past. It will be interesting to see what we think about it because of all the mixed reviews in just this thread. It seems like you either love it or hate it. But hey the DW and I really liked the Norway buffet, but our two DS didn't, but they were in their eariler teens when we went.

Larry

Praying Colonel
09-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Ate there again Fri. 8/31 and once again it was the best meal of our trip. From our experience, we continue to get outstanding service, food quality and atmosphere.

Or maybe we just really like cat food. :rotfl:

Tammy D
09-03-2007, 04:59 PM
It's too bad that you didn't enjoy your meal, especially when you go with such high expectations from everything you read before hand. We had reservations Christmas '05 that were booked along with our Candlelight Processional and DH and I loved our meal. It was a great way to spend Christmas Eve and I would certainly go back another time. The meal and the atmosphere was great.

Hopefully you get a chance to try it again and it is everything everyone says it is!!:)

Simba22
09-04-2007, 02:54 PM
wow, I just read a RAVE review about San Angel Inn, and I am SO glad that I changed my ressie from le Cellier to there! That is so disappointing! I can't believe how terrible that sounds! Hopefully the rest of your trip was good!!

Justntime
09-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Wow and I was upset that I couldnt get a ADR there for next week. Looks like it might have been an blessing.

I would still like to try it for myself. Hoping for a walk-in

Rustysmom
09-07-2007, 06:16 PM
We ate there last week and it was the best meal we had all week. The mushroom filet mignon was delicious. The only complaint that I might have was that it, or the risotto underneath, was a little salty. DS ate every bit of his strip steak. DH got the same as me and enjoyed it.

The chocolate moose was more cute than anything, but it was tasty too. The others ate the smores and liked them.

The waiter we had was SO nice. I think his name was Patrick and he kept coming over to make sure we had everything. Everyone was nice there, even when my DD was being a pain and she kept getting out of her seat and sitting on the floor. She was getting sick and was very cranky at that point. The CMs were almost tripping over her as we tried to get her back in her seat and they were like "oh, it's ok, don't worry about it" and were very careful as they went around her.

We never felt rushed. My DS was coming down with a cold and took forever to eat his steak and the waiter kept coming to see if he was done kidding around with him saying that he was surprised that he was able to eat that much because kids usually leave half of it behind. Finally, like half an hour later, when my DS was down to the last few pieces did the waiter tell him to give it up already (joking around) and took the plate. I don't blame him though because my DS did take forever. They never rushed dessert or rushed us to get out when DH and the kids took a long time going to the bathroom and left me sitting there.

We're going back there in November and paying OOP.

To the poster who wants to try it as a walk-in, when we arrived for our ADR, the waiting area was full of people waiting and yet they seated us right away. I think they were walk-ins so you might have a shot.

To the poster who is going to San Angel Inn, we ate there too and it was good. I had the combination and it was good, but the tenderloin had some kind of spice on it that I didn't care for, but it didn't stop me from eating it all up. LOL The CMs were great there too.

wezee
09-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Being one of our favorite restaurants, we have made a tradition of always booking an ADR for the first night of our vacation. We have always had awesome food and service at LeCellier. We depart on 10-10-07 and are looking forward to continuing this tradition and introducing my parents to a great dining experience.

KYCruiseCrazy
09-10-2007, 08:10 PM
the cheese soup is so good they serve it during the food & wine fest. it can't be bad if it's surved there right? been on the F&W selling for years now right?

EpcotLove
09-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Just ate there, had the cheese soup, mushroom filet, and creme brulee. Service was great, food tasted good, but I think it made me sick because I was um having "protein spills" all night long. I can't completely target this as the cause, but it's the only thing I had eaten all afternoon and night. I felt better the next day.... so just be careful.

Cindie-rella
09-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Just returned from 12 days on the DDP. I felt I had to let everyone know that our meal at Le Cellier was horrible! Really, really bad. I fell for the hype and booked an inconvenient late lunch just so I could be one of the lucky Le Cellier diners on day 11 of our trip.
The meal started with very blah breadsticks. I had the Caesar salad appetizer. It was a log of water with less taste than some bottled water has. DS choked down a spoonful of the melted cheese soup. My daughter was able to eat the broth of the beef and barley soup. DH actually liked his cheese soup but don't be fooled - he hates all soup and has an over the top love for melted cheese. So if you took a brick of cheese; melted it; and added a straw, he'd be very, very happy.
For dinner: Me - The maple fillet - I really didn't think they would douse a fillet with WDW BBQ sauce but that's what they did except the cut was anything but fillet. It was fatty, greasy, and purple. DS had the NY sirloin - all fat. He left most of it on his plate. DD had the pork chops- all fat - also unable to eat. DH had the vegetarian dish and liked it.
Dessert: Me-chocolate whiskey cake. Ate one bite of the frozen/defrosted, dry, tasteless hunk of cake. DS said creme brule was good. DD had the mediocre shake and DH had the ice cream: He couldn't tell the difference between the peach and blackberry other than the coloring. So all in all it was nearly the most disappointing meal of the 12 days. The service by Kala was superb and the only thing that kept this meal from being the worst at WDW (that honor goes to Concourse for their bad food and extremely rude and poor service.)

WoW.........
I must tell you that our experience was much more pleasant. We had lunch there on our last trip. We really enjoyed the breadsticks by the way. We had sandwiches, me, the prime rib; very good. DH, the burger; very tasty. Actually one of the best burgers I have ever tasted. We shared the Creme Brulee. YummY! As for service, our waiter got an A+. :thumbsup2

Kickapoo Joie Juice
09-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Just ate there, had the cheese soup, mushroom filet, and creme brulee. Service was great, food tasted good, but I think it made me sick because I was um having "protein spills" all night long. I can't completely target this as the cause, but it's the only thing I had eaten all afternoon and night. I felt better the next day.... so just be careful.

Didja wash your hands before you ate? Otherwise you probably inoculated yourself for an evening of "protein spills."

I'm such a hand santizer nut, it's verging on an obsession. I'll be the crazy lady standing next to you at the buffet going "hold out your hands"...

dismorgh
09-24-2007, 11:34 AM
We ate there during our trip in July, and the food was wonderful! The service was excellent as well. It was our DS15's birthday, and we had pre-ordered a cake for him as a surprise. The server was awesome the entire dinner. When it came time to have dessert, she came out and took our orders, and then proceeded to bring out the birthday cake instead! Was he ever floored. The smile on his face was priceless. The best meal we ate at the World.

I wonder if it is either chef or time connected? We ate late at night, and it seems that most complaints are from people who ate earlier in the day, or at lunch. Maybe they kick it up a notch at dinner?

I know it's tough, but maybe another try wouldn't hurt.

momandseandodisney
09-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I too was disappointed with Le Cellier. My experience was no where near as bad as yours sounds, but I found the food to be just so-so, and the pretzel breadsticks at Cinderellas Castle were far superior.

we (4 of use) thought the same thing last year.

service was good, and atmosphere, but food alone, would make us NOT go back

EpcotLove
09-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Didja wash your hands before you ate? Otherwise you probably inoculated yourself for an evening of "protein spills."

I'm such a hand santizer nut, it's verging on an obsession. I'll be the crazy lady standing next to you at the buffet going "hold out your hands"...

I am a germ freak, so yes, I washed my hands. I don't think that was the cause for me being sick though- it's not like I was eating the soup or steak with my bare hands, and I was sick right AFTER I ate the meal.......:rolleyes:

aplejax76
09-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm FALLING over laughing at the title! :laughing:

Definitely was Le Cat Food for us, too.

It was also Le I Cant See My Plate Cause It's So Dark

and

Le Dirtiest Bathroom I've Ever Seen In EPCOT

:lmao: :lmao:

I have to agree.

My sister went last year and said it was the best meal they had.

We took her advice and made an ADR. When we went in July, I could not believe she liked it. It was HORRIBLE!!!!

She just returned from WDW. They did Le cellier again and were extremely disappointed. She said it was not like that last year.

HopperFan
09-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Ate there last Wed night. Expected to wait past ADR, did by 15 minutes. Atmosphere was great, really had the wine cellar feel to it.

Two of us ate:
Shrimp cocktail & Cheese Soup, Mushroom Filet & Filet Mignon, Choc Mouse & Creme Brulee. All excellent ! Breadsticks - the pretzel and plain were awesome, the whole grain was too hard. Good service, not rushed (if anything could have been faster).

Restaurant lived up to all my expectations and I will return again :thumbsup2

jimmiej
09-24-2007, 12:37 PM
This may have already been posted on this thread-I didn't read all the responses. I believe if you polled all the Disney World veterans on this board as to the best WDW restaurant, Le Cellier would easily be in the top five, if not #1. I've eaten there multiple times, including as recent as July '07, & it's been excellent every time. Every restaurant can have a bad day, but Le Cellier is top notch.

ETA: After I posted my thoughts on Le Cellier, I wondered how factual I was really being. I went over to http://allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showcat.php?cat=32 to see how Le Cellier rated. I checked the rating of EVERY TS restaurant at WDW. #1? Le Cellier, with a 9.26 rating. These are all recent ratings too. Not sure what that means. I guess I just wanted to see if I was correct. This is not meant to disrespect anyone's negative opinions about Le Cellier. However, if you haven't tried it yet, by all means do! Form your own opinion. I think the odds are in your favor.

suzimar57
09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
wow - finally a review of LC that we agree with!

never could understand the near desperation of some people to get an ADR for this place - it's just steak, people!!!

and tables THISCLOSETOGETHER - and noisy....

ok - all done.

Eeyore's Tailfinder
09-24-2007, 04:17 PM
We ate there last month for the first time, and am pleased to report we loved the food (I will have a Dining TR up shortly with photos)

We waited around 20mins to sit, which we expected - they were really busy tonight. Our waitress seemed rather rushed, but as I say it was busy in there. We might have been lucky with our table, but we didn't find it crowded. I was umming and ahhing between the mussels and the cheese soup, but wanted to try the soup because it had been raved about. It was good, could've been a little warmer, but I should've stuck with my gut and ordered mussels, which are my fave. The 7oz maple glazed was aweome - really good steak!! The chocolate mousse I loved. We will be making an ADR for here next year and this time I'll get the mussels!!

Pirates4me
09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
We have never and I repeat never had a bad dining experience at the Le Cellier. Just the opposite. Bread sticks from different regions are fab, I thought the cheese soup was sfantastic and cuts of meat that we were served were choice cuts and fat trimmed. Only down fall was it was a bit noisy. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Booking another meal for April.

labattblue
09-25-2007, 03:00 PM
We ate there once and never will return. All the hype over the cheese soup and pretzel sticks piqued my curiousity. OMG it was like eating melted cheeze whiz with a stale prtzel.

:lmao: :lmao:

gail8
09-25-2007, 05:20 PM
We went the last week of August and it was easily the poorest meal of the week. However that being said it certainly wasn't terrible. We just found all the food very salty and it was later in the evening and the staff seemed tired.