PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have everything but airfare booked

twoeeyy
07-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Starting to get a little nervous. We have hotel, car, ADR's, Tours, 2 nights of MNSSHP tickets bought but no airfare :scared: .

Last year we got the airfare for super cheap in Aug. We actually were not going to even go to WDW but ended up booking a last minute trip with such a great DING.

I wonder at what point I have to pay high prices to ensure we can actually make it to WDW

So what is your cutoff in terms of how close you wait to book airfare?

probono
07-06-2007, 11:00 AM
No air fare here, either. We're not going until 12/10, though. I am waiting for a great SW fare from Philly. Fingers are crossed. :dance3:

Mari

sunlover13
07-06-2007, 11:04 AM
We are going 9/21 and no airfare yet. We didn't buy our MNSSHP tickets yet b/c if we don't find cheap airfare, we probably will not go. We have our ADR's, resort, free dining all booked, but still no airfare. We missed a good ding a couple of weeks ago. I hope another one comes out. We will probably wait until the 45 day mark and end up cancelling if we can't find cheap airfare.

Crankyshank
07-06-2007, 11:17 AM
We're going 11/24-11/29 and no airfare yet. We've pretty much decided to put the money aside and plan to drive because the fares right now are ridiculous. If it drops down, then great we'll fly. If not, then we'll drive.

tiki23
07-06-2007, 12:06 PM
I booked airfare for our 12/7-15 trip on the 4th of July. We booked the last 5 cheap seats on our flights and paid a little more for 1 fare.

I was going to wait until about August, but quite frankly, my nerves couldn't take anymore uncertainty and I was spending way too much time searching for fares - I have things to do. LOL

I got a fare I can live with, a little over $2,000 for 6 from Seattle to Orlando RT - it was under my adjusted budget (adjusted after I saw the airline pricing this year!)

More importantly though, I got the flight times we wanted and connections through cities where there isn't much problem with winter weather.

Now I can relax and finish planning the fun parts of our trip! :yay:

kelleigh1
07-06-2007, 12:20 PM
We have airfare for the flight down, but we don't have a flight back yet. I didn't want to wait because we're flying out on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and I figured I might not find a better rate for that day. If it does go down, since it's SW, I should have no trouble getting a credit, which I may even be able to apply to the return flight.

A friend of mine is taking his family around the same time you are going and we were talking yesterday and he mentioned they still didn't have airfare and that if it doesn't come down, they'll be driving. For a minute I thought you might be part of his family, but I don't think they're renting a car for their trip.

twoeeyy
07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
We have airfare for the flight down, but we don't have a flight back yet. I didn't want to wait because we're flying out on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and I figured I might not find a better rate for that day. If it does go down, since it's SW, I should have no trouble getting a credit, which I may even be able to apply to the return flight.

A friend of mine is taking his family around the same time you are going and we were talking yesterday and he mentioned they still didn't have airfare and that if it doesn't come down, they'll be driving. For a minute I thought you might be part of his family, but I don't think they're renting a car for their trip.

Nope thats not us :) we are not going with anyone.

Since I started this thread I figured the gas down and back at about 3.10 a gallon and it will run 300.00 round trip. Thats not bad at all BUT I hate to give up so much time for travel. Myself and DH are both self-employed so time off is not a problem but our daughter only wants to miss 4 days of school. We are planning on flying out Fri. night and coming home late Sunday night. That Monday is Columbus day so she does not have school so she ends up only missing 4 days of school.

Fingers, toes, arms and legs are all crossed for a great DING :banana:

kelleigh1
07-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Nope, not him. It's him, his wife and 2 kids. And my brain wasn't functioning...they're going in August and you are going in Oct, so not even the same time.

Are you looking to fly out of Logan or Providence? Or does it matter. We are in Foxboro, so we checked both and when SW opened fares, we jumped on flights from Providence because the times worked and the fares weren't terrible (not great either, but we could live with it) and we decided to fly into Tampa instead. No kids, so we have a little more flexibility.

twoeeyy
07-06-2007, 02:10 PM
hey KELLEIGH1 were neighbors, Im in Mansfield.
We will fly out of PVD or BOS, I really want Jet Blue, I like their times and seating better but will take whatever we can get. I just looked at SW again and it will be 700 for the three of us RT and we can not get the time we want going down.

I have never flown into Tampa, how long of a drive to WDW is it ?

kelleigh1
07-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Hubby works in Mansfield over at the industrial park. I work in downtown Boston.

I've yet to do the Tampa to Orlando drive, but from what I've been told, it's about an hour. We got the early morning flight and land in Tampa just after 10am, so we figure we could be at WDW by about noon. A friend is going to drive us to PVD for our flight, so that will help us save a little $ on parking. He lives in North Providence, but said he didn't mind coming up to drive us. We used to live in Attleboro, so that was closer for him, but he volunteered.

We had thought about JetBlue, mainly for the assigned seating, but weren't seeing great fares. When he offered to drive and we decided TPA would mean potentially fewer pre-boarders and shorter lines coming back than MCO, we decided to just go with Southwest. But like I said...we still haven't booked a return.

Pirate at Heart
07-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Hey,

We're headed down in October and booked our airfare on July 4th, great SW fare of $64- but we haven't booked our return yet. I'll hold out until mid- August for another good fare. If nothing comes out I'll just have shell it out!

pirate:

luvhockey
07-07-2007, 08:08 AM
No airfare here. 11/23-12/2. Airfare from St Louis is ridiculous. Went up $3 today. $179 ea way. Ugh. $110 cheaper ea way from KC but we just can't drive the 5 hours on Thanksgiving day. I can get AirTran for $134 but I'd really like SW to go down so maybe I'll get a ding and credit.
What is Airtrans penalty for rebooking cheaper? Anyone know off the top of their head?
Angela

ruadisneyfan2
07-07-2007, 08:37 AM
We have flown home from TPA in May 06. It wasn't a bad ride at all, mostly all freeway. I-4 really thins out once you leave the WDW area. Our kids were 6 & 9 at the time and didn't even ask to watch their little dvd player. We had a convertible and just so happens we had one good song after another on the radio, sunshine, palm trees... mmm. Not a bad way to spend our last hour in FL. :cool2:

I'm considering it again for our Sept. trip. With SWA we got $49 down and $79 home which is wonderful but if we fly out of TPA we can get $49 home too and a credit of $120 which would probably pay for another seat next time. My rational half tells me I should just be thankful for decent prices and good flight times. My travel-addicted half says go for the credit! :lmao:

I don't know if I'd want to fly in and out of TPA. I think car rentals are much cheaper out of MCO in general. I'd also skip it if I had a long drive from my home airport to home. Luckily we're less than 1/2 hr to PHL. Then again if my only other option was driving, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Good luck and hope you all get great fares! :goodvibes

pamouselover
07-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Nope! Gave up a couple of weeks ago on a reasonable airfare and are now driving!:drive:

Ms.Grumpy
07-09-2007, 12:40 AM
No airfare here either:sad2: Saw an awesome price of $133 roundtrip from american waited to show my husband and when I wanted to purchase it the next day the price had increased to $183:eek: My friend who is a travel agent informed me to hold off till the middle of july because the tickets start to go down for Sept. Heres hoping.:cheer2: