PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from MCO to HRH to POP

AX2
07-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I need information on how to get to Hard Rock Hotel from Airport and then from HRH to Pop Century is 4 of us two teens and two adults I don't want to rent a car because I am not going to use it while I am in the Hotels, I want something cheap.....

kaytieeldr
07-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Mears Shuttle would be about $15 or $19 per person each way (MCO > hotel, hotel > MCO) and probably about $15 or so per person from HRH to Pop (plus tips, of course). $80 + $60 + $80 = $220
A taxi would be about $35 to HRH, $35 to Disney from there, and $50 from Disney back to MCO – again, plus tips. $40 + $40 + $60 = $140
A town car would be about $50 - $60 per leg, but you should check with a few for exact pricing. $50 + $50 + $50 + 20% = $180

AX2
07-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks it sounds like a taxi will a better choice since I will be using Disney's Magical Express once I am in the Pop Century to go back to MCO.

illiniowl
07-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Well, the CHEAPEST would be Orlando's public bus system, LYNX (www.golynx.com) at $1.50 per person per trip. It is possible to go from MCO to Universal (HRH), and from Universal to various points on WDW property using LYNX but (a) I've never tried it, (b) I don't think I'd want to do it with suitcases, and (c) it surely would take a lot more time than a taxi or towncar (each of the trips would involve a transfer from one route to another).

Also, you say you don't want to rent a car because you won't need it while on property, but if you were only staying at HRH for one or two nights, I'd look into renting a car at MCO, driving yourself to HRH, driving to POP to check in, then returning the car at the agency's on-property location (most of the majors have on-property offices and may not charge you extra to drop off there) and taking Disney transportation from there. You might be able to pull this off for less than the cost of 2 taxi trips.

AX2
07-05-2007, 04:27 PM
We are staying 4 nights at HRH and 7 at Pop Century, I don't think that I want to try public transportation we are going to be in MCO at 10:30 p.m.
:scared:

safetymom
07-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Universal offers a shuttle service from the airport. It is with Mears and it is $27 roundtrip per person.