PDA

View Full Version : Have you forgotten?

AngelInDisguise
07-05-2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBGZCKjHuOk&NR=1

I have heard this song plenty of times. Every time I listen to it I either almost cry or actually cry. And actually listen to the words and meaning and how many people have forgotten. And yesterday wasen't just a day for fireworks and parades and ect. It was when the Declaration of Independence was signed. When this great nation became free.

DisGirlAllie
07-05-2007, 11:32 AM
ditto.

Jasmine45
07-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Rip 911

AngelInDisguise
07-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Do they do a special thing for 9/11 at disney?

Sparx
07-05-2007, 12:14 PM
no.
no i've not forgotten.
and I would love for you to show me someone who has.

AngelInDisguise
07-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Not a celebration. But like..idk. Just a rememberence.

EeyoreFan1
07-05-2007, 12:22 PM
no.
no i've not forgotten.
and I would love for you to show me someone who has.

::yes::

EeyoreFan1
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM

Every day of my life 9/11 crosses my mind.

Sparx
07-05-2007, 12:34 PM

I remember. I don't need someone to shove the footage or the names in my face again. I remember it. I remember them. I remember it every day. I don't need some organized event to remember it, and if someone needs that, they don't need to be remembering it anyway.

EeyoreFan1
07-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Very well said.

Sparkle_Cherry
07-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I remember the day when I turned on the news before school, and saw it. Of course I haven't forgotten, how could anyone forget?

But that does not mean I am a supporter of the war.

Babyjustrun
07-05-2007, 12:44 PM
I haven't forgotten.
Some days I live in fear.
I own a book, that goes deeper into what happened on that day, and I hid it under my bed. I cannot look at it, it makes me sad, and afraid.
I will only forget if I run into a tree and lose my memory.

STOPxmickeytime
07-05-2007, 03:26 PM
I remember. I don't need someone to shove the footage or the names in my face again. I remember it. I remember them. I remember it every day. I don't need some organized event to remember it, and if someone needs that, they don't need to be remembering it anyway.

i remember, too.
but i think that it's right for my cousin, and the others that lost their lives that day, to have a moment of silence to show respect for them, and organized events.
i honestly see nothing wrong with that, and don't understand why you're against it.

Sparkle_Cherry
07-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I think that this video is a bit disrespectful to people against the war. Just because I don't agree with the war, doesn't mean that I have forgotten about 9/11, or I don't care about what happened that day. In the song it implies that people against the war say not to worry about Osama bin Laden, but I certainly don't say that. He is definitely something to worry about, I just don't agree with the way that the government is handling the situation.

But I agree with STOPxmickeytime. Dedications to 9/11 and the people involved, are perfectly respectful. It's just when some radical song like this comes up, saying that war is the answer to all of our problems.

Sparx
07-05-2007, 04:01 PM
i remember, too.
but i think that it's right for my cousin, and the others that lost their lives that day, to have a moment of silence to show respect for them, and organized events.
i honestly see nothing wrong with that, and don't understand why you're against it.

I'm not against remembering it, and I think a moment of silence is great. I just don't think there should have to be an organized event to make people remember it.

AngelInDisguise
07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I didn't mean like a MNSSHP party thing but like she said. A moment of silence. That on that day they would have it on the map at whatever time and if you wanted to go aroung the flag at main street or wherever.

STOPxmickeytime
07-05-2007, 06:29 PM
I think that this video is a bit disrespectful to people against the war. Just because I don't agree with the war, doesn't mean that I have forgotten about 9/11, or I don't care about what happened that day. In the song it implies that people against the war say not to worry about Osama bin Laden, but I certainly don't say that. He is definitely something to worry about, I just don't agree with the way that the government is handling the situation.

But I agree with STOPxmickeytime. Dedications to 9/11 and the people involved, are perfectly respectful. It's just when some radical song like this comes up, saying that war is the answer to all of our problems.

i agree. being against the war isn't the same as being against terrorism.

Sparx
07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
I didn't mean like a MNSSHP party thing but like she said. A moment of silence. That on that day they would have it on the map at whatever time and if you wanted to go aroung the flag at main street or wherever.

I don't understand what youre saying.

dancergirlsasha
07-05-2007, 06:41 PM
I have not forgotten. I would not be telling the truth if I said I thought about it everyday. I think about it most days, but not everday.

::Snow_White::
07-05-2007, 06:54 PM
No, I have not forgotten.
I don't think about it every day.
But I think about it at least a couple times a week.

STOPxmickeytime
07-05-2007, 06:58 PM
people may not conciously think of it everyday, unless they were personally touched by it (i.e. losing a close relative or friend)
but sub-conciously, it's always there. because it truly did change the world that we live in.

2HOT2touch
07-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I like that song. but it is kind of irritating that it implies that if someone doesn't approve of the war then they forgot about 9/11. I don't think anyone can forget about it. I do think that there should be a memorial service, maybe not at Disney, but atleast in New York. I don't agree with the war because at the moment, the war has nothing to do with 9/11, so for me not to agree with the war doesn't mean that I forgot about 9/11.

Sparkle_Cherry
07-06-2007, 12:04 PM
I like that song. but it is kind of irritating that it implies that if someone doesn't approve of the war then they forgot about 9/11. I don't think anyone can forget about it. I do think that there should be a memorial service, maybe not at Disney, but atleast in New York. I don't agree with the war because at the moment, the war has nothing to do with 9/11, so for me not to agree with the war doesn't mean that I forgot about 9/11.

::yes:: This song is completely ignorant in the fact that it not only puts down war supporters, but it says that everything going on in the middle east is because of 9/11, when it's really not.

CrazyChik
07-06-2007, 12:16 PM
it's pretty hard to forget.
and i agree with everything shelby's said.

TiggWDW
07-06-2007, 12:31 PM
I remember when it came on..I was in 3rd period geography..

AngelInDisguise
07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
I was like 4 or 5. But remember the towers falling on tv