PDA

View Full Version : Any Alamo experts out there?

CJK
07-05-2007, 07:33 AM
I just bid on priceline for a compact car and got it for $117 total (including taxex) at Alamo in mid September. Please tell me it will be okay!! Any tips for making the process go smoothly?

boswellnakia
07-05-2007, 08:36 AM
I use Alamo alot when I'm in Orlando. They have a frequent user program that you can sign up for. I belive this allows you to bypass the terminal counter and go straight outside and pick your car out of the available line of cars. The keys are in the car and you drive it to the exit booth and they process it there.

CJK
07-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the info! Are you talking about the *********** program? I quickly went to the Alamo site, and from what I read, it's for business travellers only. Do you know if I can join even though we only go to Orlando for leisure? TIA! :)

boswellnakia
07-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the info! Are you talking about the *********** program? I quickly went to the Alamo site, and from what I read, it's for business travellers only. Do you know if I can join even though we only go to Orlando for leisure? TIA! :)

Yeah, after refreshing my memory I think you are suppose to be a business to get the ************ program. You are also suppose to put that in at the time of booking.

Sorry, I had forgotten. It appears, that you can check-in online with your confirmation nubmer. This will allow you to enter some of your details to shorten your time at the counter.

QT Pooh
07-05-2007, 12:39 PM
You can't use *********** (or any frequent renter program) if you go through Priceline. You can, however, bypass the counter by using the check-in kiosks right by the counter - no lines. Just bring the printed confirmation sheet you get and your license, check in at the kiosk and go across the street to the garage and pick out your car - no hassle whatsoever!

You got a great rate! Enjoy!

CJK
07-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Thank you!!!!!!

CJK
07-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Have any Canadians tried to use these kiosks? I'm just wondering if they will accept our driver's licenses?? :confused: