PDA

View Full Version : School Supplies

PrincessNancy96
07-04-2007, 02:42 PM
FYI

Wal-Mart has the school supplies out and on sale!!!

I didn't buy a bunch.. .just some odds/ends.. can't think with DH and 3 of the 5 kids with me.. I need, I want, is that a good deal? OH please.. back off... I'm on a mission....
Anyway, 10 cent spiral notebooks
20 cent glues and glue sticks...
10 cent folders...
12 cent crayons

I'll head back out with more of my list this weekend...

Lisa
07-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Did you notice if the composition books were on sale? That is the only school supplies DD needs.

PrincessNancy96
07-04-2007, 06:59 PM
I know they were over there..but I didn't check pricing.. I will this weekend when I go back...

momx3boys
07-04-2007, 09:06 PM
The boys and I were in there yesterday and stocked up on glue and crayons. One can never have enough glue sticks. :)
I didn't notice the composition books on sale, but I didn't really look at them.

BernardandMissBianca
07-04-2007, 11:21 PM
LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you!!!!!!!

PrincessNancy96
07-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Buy early and beat the rush of the last minute shoppers... who than complain they aren't saving any money because they missed the sales!

AlexWyattMommy
07-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Guess I'll be going out this weekend after all. I need to find rubber cement. We've never need that one before. Oh, and a recorder, the musical kind, not mechanical. Do you think the $0.88 ones from walmart count?

ksjayhawks
07-05-2007, 10:15 AM
For the recorder--a music store should have them for about $4-5 bucks.

aroyer
07-05-2007, 10:41 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I need to go to Wal-Mart! :thumbsup2

PrincessNancy96
07-05-2007, 11:07 AM
AWM,
I have one you can borrow... if it breaks it's no big deal...but I have one!!!!

AlexWyattMommy
07-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Really? That would be so great. You could just send with one of the many swaps we will be sending back and forth. THANK YOU!!

PrincessNancy96
07-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Cool, I'll go grab it now and put it with your slide mount box so I don't forget!! Which reminds me.. I need to get your and NEE's slides to the basement in the "they have arrived box" so I don't freak out when I can't find them!!! ;)

BernardandMissBianca
07-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Lisa, I called you!! Target had comp books for .97 and 3 subject comp books for $1.25

PrincessNancy96
07-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Target has nada here right now.. nothing on sale.. DH went there today at lunch just to get out of the office and cool down.. He says he is working w/ baboons! LOL

Faerie
07-05-2007, 06:47 PM
To moms who buy school supplies. i'm going back to school in January - should I get notebooks etc. now and stash or are there "new semester" sales in January? It's been a long time since I've bought school supplies!

BernardandMissBianca
07-05-2007, 07:34 PM
buy now, they are tough to find after school starts.

PrincessNancy96
07-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Faerie!!!
Go now.. run don't walk!!
They only have the good sales in the fall... at back to school time!!!

Lisa
07-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Lisa, I called you!! Target had comp books for .97 and 3 subject comp books for $1.25

Thanks for letting me know. I was going to stop in the big city on the way home from work, but my car broke down on the way to work, :scared: so I couldn't make the stops (ie J with my $5 off coupon) I wanted to.:sad2:

BernardandMissBianca
07-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I was going to stop in the big city on the way home from work, but my car broke down on the way to work, :scared: so I couldn't make the stops (ie J with my $5 off coupon) I wanted to.:sad2:

not good! Did DH come to your rescue?? I need to run back down that way tomorrow if you want me to get some for you.

Faerie
07-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Kiddos here go back at the end of August (August 20th I think) and Target doesn't have school stuff out yet. I don't need much, but I like sales :)

Lisa
07-06-2007, 05:17 AM
not good! Did DH come to your rescue?? I need to run back down that way tomorrow if you want me to get some for you.

Yes, after spending a lovely two hours at the gas station yesterday morning, DH came and jumped the car with the four batteries on his 18 wheeler. My poor car didn't know what hit it, but it wasn't the battery, it was the starter. All is well today.

Back on topic, if you go for school supplies, would you mind picking me up two composition books. And if you go to J's and they have any $19.99 carts pick those up for me, I can always return if I already have it. Ya know what? After the week I have had, I deserve a treat, I'll stop at J's on my way home from work tonight! So there, big bad world that is being mean to me this week, I'll show you how to treat me right!:rolleyes1 :lmao:

rlovew
07-06-2007, 06:53 AM
I just got an email from staples that July 8-11 their 12 pack of number 2 pencils (yellow), pocket folders, and pencil sharpeners will be 1 cent each. There is a limit of how many for each person but people with lots of kids could still stock up a bit and the rest of us can get some.

Rebecca

PrincessNancy96
07-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks Rebecca!!! I will be hitting Staples on Sunday!!! Actually, there is one by mom when I pick up the kids... I'll stop by there first...and grab some.. than on our way back out of town... I'll stop again!

BernardandMissBianca
07-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Yes, after spending a lovely two hours at the gas station yesterday morning, DH came and jumped the car with the four batteries on his 18 wheeler. My poor car didn't know what hit it, but it wasn't the battery, it was the starter. All is well today.

Back on topic, if you go for school supplies, would you mind picking me up two composition books. And if you go to J's and they have any $19.99 carts pick those up for me, I can always return if I already have it. Ya know what? After the week I have had, I deserve a treat, I'll stop at J's on my way home from work tonight! So there, big bad world that is being mean to me this week, I'll show you how to treat me right!:rolleyes1 :lmao:

I'll grab some when I go out today. Right now I'm waiting for the DR to call me back, darn rash is back again.

aroyer
07-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up!! :thumbsup2 I went to Wal-Mart today and got most of my DD's notebooks, notebook paper, pencils, and erasers. They didn't have the folders we needed, but I am not complaining about the prices!

PamCo88
07-06-2007, 09:45 PM
School supplies, Buy crayola as it goes on sale. If you can wait, Wait until after school starts for notebooks, folders when they are put on clearance. I work at Office Depot and always make down tons in September, 1-2 weeks after school starts.

Faerie
07-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Kiddos go back here on August 20th so I'm wondering if the clearance would be before I leave for Disney on the 31st.

VickiV
07-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I just got an email from staples that July 8-11 their 12 pack of number 2 pencils (yellow), pocket folders, and pencil sharpeners will be 1 cent each. There is a limit of how many for each person but people with lots of kids could still stock up a bit and the rest of us can get some.

Rebecca

Prettyintink and I stumbled on this sale yesterday when we went to get the notebooks for the Disney recipe swap recipes. We wiped the store out of page protectors because we have started doing scrapbooked recipes for Christmas presents this year.

The sale is through Wednesday.
The pencils were 1 cent each, limit 3.
The pocket folders were 1 cent each, limit 10.
Slider pencil cases were 1 cent, limit 3.
Manual pencil sharpeners were 1 cent each, limit 3.
Elmer's school glue was 9 cents each, limit 3.
1" or 1/2" flexible plastic 3-ring binders were 3 for 99 cents, limit 6.
The free item of the week was Pentel RSVP ballpoint pens, 5/pack, for $3.29 each and then a mail in rebate for $3.29. The multicolor pack was sold out but they still had individual color packs available of black, green, red, blue, or purple.

I no longer have supplies to buy for my family, but I always buy to give away to less fortunate people, so this was an exceptionally good deal for me. Too bad the recipe binders and page protectors weren't on sale too. Staples is pretty far away from us.

PrincessNancy96
07-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Staples has been my friend all week... We'll actually my dads..
Stopped by when picking up the kids and grabbed the allotment.. Than called my Dad and told him about it.. He travels so he stops by the stores on his travels and picks up the limit again!

Faerie
07-10-2007, 07:44 AM
My staples didn't have the pencil cases. I love those for storing scrapping stuff to go to crops

PrincessNancy96
07-10-2007, 08:02 AM
I've got to run out to town tomorrow.. would you like me to grab you 3???

Faerie
07-10-2007, 09:10 AM
that's okay - it'll cost far more to mail them than if I get them at Target when they're on sale there. They usually have them for $0.50 or so.

PrincessNancy96
07-10-2007, 09:14 AM
that's okay - it'll cost far more to mail them than if I get them at Target when they're on sale there. They usually have them for $0.50 or so.

I can mail them back w/ one of the swaps.. it's really no problem!!!

Faerie
07-10-2007, 09:34 AM
okay, if you don't mind!

PrincessNancy96
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
It's on my list.. I have to go out and get black cardstock.. that is number one on the list!!! ;)

Faerie
07-10-2007, 01:19 PM
I know that feeling! Since I got my M&F cart, I seem to use a lot of the black!

PrincessNancy96
07-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Good so it's not just me...
I'm getting the cover pages done...I had this neat idea... and it is working great.. I'm going adapt it for my Epcot ones too...