PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Cruise at CB Resort?

EMcCool419
07-04-2007, 09:44 AM
I was just wondering if the the cruise for kids was worth the money?pirate:

DisneyGuess
07-04-2007, 10:46 AM
*Bump*
I've been wondering the same thing. :thumbsup2

storzo
07-04-2007, 11:24 AM
I tried getting a review of this on the resorts, disney for families and community boards withtout too much success. If you search the theme parks/attractions board there is a thread about the one from one of the monorail resorts (can't remember which, sorry) that had a lot of information. I assume the CB one woud be just as good.

Here is the link to that one.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1494690

6mouskateers
07-05-2007, 10:21 AM
But our kids did one from GF last Sept. They had a really good time. It was a little pricely, but it was a b-day present for DD (9). Ds (8) had a great time
too.

The kids were partnered with a buddy and they motored off in search of treasure at various resorts. They did get lunch ( PBJ uncrustables) and a box of "treasure" as well as Mickey Pirate ears. They all looked so adorable sailing off to hunt for buried treasure. Adults are not allowed, but the CM's taking charge of them were great.

I would send them again if they wanted to go.

swalke6
07-26-2007, 06:28 PM
But our kids did one from GF last Sept. They had a really good time. It was a little pricely, but it was a b-day present for DD (9). Ds (8) had a great time
too.

The kids were partnered with a buddy and they motored off in search of treasure at various resorts. They did get lunch ( PBJ uncrustables) and a box of "treasure" as well as Mickey Pirate ears. They all looked so adorable sailing off to hunt for buried treasure. Adults are not allowed, but the CM's taking charge of them were great.

I would send them again if they wanted to go.

When you say that they were paired with a buddy, do you mean another child of the same approx age or a CM? I ask because my son was interested until he realized we wouldn't be with him and he said it would be different if there were another kid he knew, but otherwise he's not interested in going alone. Only child --he wanted to bring his dog!

Hannathy
07-27-2007, 08:03 AM
My DD went on the one from the GF when she was 5 by herself,didn't know anyone and had a great time. She is 15 now and still can tell you all about it! They pair them with another child but they are together in a group at the same time. They have so much fun he won't miss you.

YayDisney!
07-27-2007, 08:25 AM
We surprised our DD7 last year with this cruise. She is also an only child, but she quickly made a friend on the boat. She LOVED the cruise, had a ball and would love to do it again. Consequently, DH & I struck up a conversation with said new friends' parents while they were on the cruise. Nice, nice people! We ended up seeing them all over Disney after that. (It's a small world!)

We stayed at the resort and watched from afar. We thought the CM interaction was superb on her cruise. They really added excitement and wonder to the experience for the children. We could even hear them "Aaargh" when they found clues to the burried treasure! We would definitely do this again and it was worth the cost to us! pirate:

ferret7
07-27-2007, 01:39 PM
My DD's (ages at the time almost 8 and 5.5) did the CBR Pirate Adventure Cruise in February and loved it! The "Captain" they had was great, he related very well to the kids, as did the other CM on the cruise.

There were maybe 8 kids on it total (I know there were at least 2 no-shows), and my DD's said they were not paired up with a buddy. They also each took a disposable camera and got some cute shots.

The marina at CBR was right near the food court and shopping, so we were able to stay busy, have lunch and relax at the beach while they were gone.

Definitely worth the money in our opinion. We'd do it again. :thumbsup2

mericletwins
07-27-2007, 06:34 PM
We didn't do the one at CBR, but did the one at the BC. Our kids were 6,6 and 5 at the time. They were paired up, but still all in a group. They all liked it alot. Would definitely do it again if the kids wanted to.