PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews-Better Late Than Never-12/06-Pictures, Galore!!!! Day 5 up 7/8/07

kimshmkr
07-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Hi, I have been a long time lurker, but feel it is high time to help others, as I have been helped! Without the DIS, I would have missed out some great places to eat.

Some background info-these are dining reviews from my 3rd trip to the world, 12/18-12/25. I went with my two boys, Stitch age 12, and Goofy age 9. We were on the dining plan. We had all our ADR's planned out and am proud to say we made every one. We booked our next trip, 8/5-8/15, on the bounceback program. We are so excited for FREE DINING!!!

On to the good stuff, first day at the parks was 12/19, and we were off to AK. Lunch was at Tusker House, thanks to all the great reviews here.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1003.jpg

Stitch had the chicken and chocolate cake and loved it! Goofy had the salmon and carrot cake and also was very happy. I had the wrap and chowder. I loved, loved, loved the chowder. It was excellent. The wrap I did not like. The tomato relish inside was weird. I had cheescake for dessert. This was a great value for the credits. We will be going here again in August.

Up next-dinner, day one-Hoop Dee Doo
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1035.jpg

hmillerbarilla
07-03-2007, 10:23 PM
This is fantastic! :thumbsup2 I've never done a dining review either, but will try it after my next trip. It sure is helpful to read about everyone else's experiences! Can't wait to hear more!:)

kimshmkr
07-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks so much, for being the first to reply to my review. I am working on my Hoop Dee Doo review now. There is an exciting surprise that happens. Stay tuned!!!

Mousermom
07-03-2007, 10:36 PM
OOOHHH... I want to hear about the surprise at Hoop Dee Doo....

I've never been there before and I am interested in knowing if it is worth the 2 credits on the DDP.

Can't wait to read more!

kimshmkr
07-03-2007, 11:03 PM
We had an ADR for the 9:00pm show @ the Hoop Dee Doo. We took the bus from All Star Sports to MK, and then took the boat to Fort Wilderness. We got there way too early but had lots of time to explore and the boys had a great time playing cowboys. I got them special tees with a cowboy Mickey on them. They also had bandanas, but only Goofy would wear his. Before entering, we had our picture taken outside. They brought it around later, but Goofy had his eyes shut, as always. So we passed on it.

When we were taken to our seats, I could not believe we were seated right in front of the stage by the piano player. It was great!! This will come into play later.

The first thing they brought out was the salad and cornbread. Both were great, but Stitch is very picky. Here he is picking out the onions.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1042.jpg

Then they brought out the buckets of chicken and ribs. Goofy loves ribs. That is why I picked this place, b/c I knew he could get all the ribs he wanted. He had 2 buckets!!!!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1045.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1046.jpg

hmillerbarilla
07-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Tell Stitch I hate onions too--they're gross! :crazy2: (I'll eat almost anything else though...)popcorn::

The piano player you say... can't wait to hear more!:goodvibes

kimshmkr
07-03-2007, 11:27 PM
The dinner show was very good. It was quite corny, but my boys seem to love it! They like corny jokes!!! Well here is where the surprise comes in, during the audience participation part, guess who gets taken on stage???? They choose Goofy!!! The actress who chose him (Dolly, if I remember correctly) said he was already dressed for the part. That's how sitting up front was good!!

They took Goofy backstage and he was gone for about 5 minutes or so. He played the sheriff and saves Dolly. She gave him a big kiss! Here he is wiping her kiss off.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1051.jpg
He seemed to remember everything he was suppossed to do and was not shy at all. He is quite a ham!!!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1065.jpg
He got to bow at the end and got a certificate for being brave!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1071.jpg
Stitch enjoyed playing the washboard at the end. He is much shyer than Goofy and would never have gone on stage.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1068.jpg
It was a great time for all. ( Mom b/c she got unlimited sangria!!!) When we were going home, Stitch told me by being on stage, his dreams had already come true (he had seen the Disney World CD and was excited about the year of a million dreams). My heart melted!!! I am so glad we went there. We will remember it always.

kimshmkr
07-03-2007, 11:37 PM
OOOHHH... I want to hear about the surprise at Hoop Dee Doo....

I've never been there before and I am interested in knowing if it is worth the 2 credits on the DDP.

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for replying to my thread! I really feel it was worth the 2 credits. Remember you are paying for the show, as well as dinner. This is the only place both boys asked to go back to on our upcoming trip. We all had a great time! I hope you do also, if you try it!

Bama_C
07-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Excellent pictures :thumbsup2 , excellent reviews :thumbsup2 , excellent story :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !!

Sounds like you had a great trip. What a great time for Stitch and Goofy... I love that the experience lived up to their dreams. And, as a parent I know that means it lived up to YOUR dreams.

pixiedust: Pixie dust to you pixiedust:

Minniespal
07-04-2007, 03:49 AM
Excellent reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lovely piccies:)

inky dinky doo
07-04-2007, 04:18 AM
Wonderful reviews! And, I loved your pictures! We've gone to the Hoop Dee Doo several times, with the dining plan and without, and I agree. The experience is well worth the cost. We've always considered it a highlight of our trip. I think it's neat that your little fellow got to participate. I'm sure your location had something to do with him being picked, but I think the way he was dressed helped, too. He's such a cutie with that kerchief. He sure fit the role of the sheriff, didn't he?

Oh, and I don't think I'll be ordering the wrap at Tusker House (if they're even open, next time I go; can't remember when they're closing). I've heard too many negative comments about that tomato relish. :rotfl:

wilma-bride
07-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Great start to your reviews - we've been thinking about trying Hoop de Doo - you may have just convinced me :thumbsup2

lynn46356
07-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Great dining review so far. Can't wait to hear MORE! We've never done the Hoop Dee Doo show yet but you're tempting me. We've been to WDW 5 times so I'm thinking maybe on the 6th trip we should plan it into our schedule. I assume you paid OOP and didn't use the DDP or am I wrong? Our DS is 9 and I'm thinking he's old enough to appreciate the corny jokes, etc. Any opinions???? I love reading dining reviews and thanks for yours. We're going again next February. I can't wait.

Lynn

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Excellent pictures :thumbsup2 , excellent reviews :thumbsup2 , excellent story :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 !!

Sounds like you had a great trip. What a great time for Stitch and Goofy... I love that the experience lived up to their dreams. And, as a parent I know that means it lived up to YOUR dreams.

pixiedust: Pixie dust to you pixiedust:

Thanks so much for your kind words. You are so right. It made my dreams come true to make him so happy!

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Excellent reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lovely piccies:)

Thanks so much. I really enjoyed taking the pictures!

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Wonderful reviews! And, I loved your pictures! We've gone to the Hoop Dee Doo several times, with the dining plan and without, and I agree. The experience is well worth the cost. We've always considered it a highlight of our trip. I think it's neat that your little fellow got to participate. I'm sure your location had something to do with him being picked, but I think the way he was dressed helped, too. He's such a cutie with that kerchief. He sure fit the role of the sheriff, didn't he?

Oh, and I don't think I'll be ordering the wrap at Tusker House (if they're even open, next time I go; can't remember when they're closing). I've heard too many negative comments about that tomato relish. :rotfl:

I think he made a great sheriff too. Thanks so much for your kind comments.

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Great start to your reviews - we've been thinking about trying Hoop de Doo - you may have just convinced me :thumbsup2

I hope you try it. It was definitely the highlight of our trip!!!

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Great dining review so far. Can't wait to hear MORE! We've never done the Hoop Dee Doo show yet but you're tempting me. We've been to WDW 5 times so I'm thinking maybe on the 6th trip we should plan it into our schedule. I assume you paid OOP and didn't use the DDP or am I wrong? Our DS is 9 and I'm thinking he's old enough to appreciate the corny jokes, etc. Any opinions???? I love reading dining reviews and thanks for yours. We're going again next February. I can't wait.

Lynn

Hi, I hope you see the show on your next trip. Your son would really enjoy it. We were on the dining plan, but that was before they changed the seating. Now, with the plan, you get seated farther back. I would still go again though.

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 02:23 PM
On day 2 we went to our favorite park, MK. We got there early and thanks to the DIS, went to the Main Street Bakery. I had read too much about the french toast loaf and had to try it! We used 1 counter service credit and got a ham and cheese croissant, huge cinnamon roll, and drink. We used a snack credit to get my french toast loaf. It did not dissappoint. Here is Goofy with our food. Stitch's croissant is to the left of the tray. He could not wait to dig in.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1081.jpg

For lunch, we went to Columbia Habour House. For some reason I did not get a picture there. Probably b/c the place was a madhouse. The lines were very long and there was no place to sit. We had to wait for someone to leave and then take there table. I believe we all got the chicken and fish basket with chocolate cake. They were out of the apple crisp dessert. This dissappointed Goofy, as he hates chocolate. This was way too much food for the three of us. We should have gotten two baskets and shared. The food was pretty good though.

For dinner, we went to the Polynesian for a much anticipated dinner at 'Ohana. We asked to be seated by the window, so we could see Wishes. While waiting to be seated, I had a much anticipated drink. Stitch liked to take pictures looking like he had been drinking my drink. Typical 12 yr old. He thought it was so funny!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1131-1.jpg
We waited about 30 minutes after our ADR, but our table did not dissappoint. It was right by the window with the castle as our view. I had read here that the service is quick and does not give you time to enjoy the food. I found that to be correct. They were bringing food before you were finished with the last thing they brought. Here is a picture of Goofy with salad, shrimp, and chicken wings. The table was too small for so much food!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1133.jpg
The boys enjoyed the coconut races. (Sorry to the man who got in the middle of my pic)
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1135.jpg
Stitch loves, loves meat. Here he is studiously cutting up the meats. They just kept coming.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1138.jpg
The dessert was excellent. Goofy is weird though and hates most sweet things, but loves fruit. We asked the waitress for a small bowl of pineapple, for his dessert. She brought him this huge bowl and a big bowl of caramel sauce to dip it in. He was in heaven and ate every bite.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1139.jpg
All in all, this was a great meal. I would just speak up next time and tell the waiter we are not ready for the next course. I felt too rushed to enjoy my meal. The view of Wishes was great though. I am so glad we waited for a table with a view.

Up next, dole whips, Pepper Market, and Teppanyaki!!!!

TigerKat
07-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Enjoying your reviews - precious kids!!!!

MelanieC
07-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Enjoying the review so far!!

spaceacewannabe
07-04-2007, 05:05 PM
For dinner, we went to the Polynesian for a much anticipated dinner at 'Ohana. We asked to be seated by the window, so we could see Wishes. While waiting to be seated, I had a much anticipated drink. Stitch liked to take pictures looking like he had been drinking my drink. Typical 12 yr old. He thought it was so funny!

Loving your reviews and can't wait to hear the rest---but as someone who works with adolescents, your son with your drink worries me a little. It seems like you're doing a great job with your kids---the interest in adult beverages is just something to keep an eye on.

Bama_C
07-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the great reviews of O'Hana. :thumbsup2 We're heading there in Sept for the first time, and we're all really looking forward to it!

My DS15 thinks Columbia Harbour House is the bomb. (Go figure... he LOVES fried fish!)

pixiedust: Pixie dusting you again!! pixiedust:

cindy chernauskas
07-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the review of the Hoop Dee Doo. We're going next month, I already made ADR's. Don't think our DS 15 and DS 13 would like being called up on stage. You know how teenagers are. Our DD 5 would probably be scared. I've read from a lot of people that the show is great. We're really looking forward to it.

lowie
07-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Loving your reviews and can't wait to hear the rest---but as someone who works with adolescents, your son with your drink worries me a little. It seems like you're doing a great job with your kids---the interest in adult beverages is just something to keep an eye on.

lmbo, that's so silly.
OP, great review!! thanks for taking the time to write it.

Nicole786
07-04-2007, 09:05 PM
I love dole whips! can't wait to read more!

Schucraig
07-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Great reviews and pictures! I can't wait for more!:banana:

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Enjoying your reviews - precious kids!!!!

Thanks so much! I think they are pecious too!

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 09:55 PM

Thanks so much for your concern for my son. Let me assure you though that he is perfectly normal. He just likes to have fun and play around, as preteens do. He is not headed for AA anytime soon, I hope. Again though, thanks for your concern.

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 09:58 PM

lmbo, that's so silly.
OP, great review!! thanks for taking the time to write it.

Thanks for defending my post. I appreciate it!!!!

AnninIowa
07-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Subscribing!! :thumbsup2

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Enjoying the review so far!!

Thanks so much!!!!

Thanks for the great reviews of O'Hana. :thumbsup2 We're heading there in Sept for the first time, and we're all really looking forward to it!

I hope you enjoy it! The potatoes are great!!!!

My DS15 thinks Columbia Harbour House is the bomb. (Go figure... he LOVES fried fish!)

pixiedust: Pixie dusting you again!! pixiedust:

Thanks again!!!!!

Thanks for the review of the Hoop Dee Doo. We're going next month, I already made ADR's. Don't think our DS 15 and DS 13 would like being called up on stage. You know how teenagers are. Our DD 5 would probably be scared. I've read from a lot of people that the show is great. We're really looking forward to it.

Have a great time!!!!

I love dole whips! can't wait to read more!

I did not even know what a dole whip was until I started reading this board. I am glad I do now.

Great reviews and pictures! I can't wait for more!:banana:

Thanks so much!!!!

Subscribing!! :thumbsup2

Thanks, more coming soon!

kimshmkr
07-04-2007, 10:36 PM
We started day 3 at MK. We planned to leave at lunch and take the bus to Pepper Market for lunch. Before leaving MK, I asked the boys if they wanted to have their dessert before lunch. They said yes, of course, so it was Dole Whip time. Goofy loves pineapple, so he was loving this dessert. He still talks about it 8 months later!!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1227.jpg

Stitch is a big chocolate fan, so a chocolate whip was okay with him.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1228.jpg

Then it was off to Coronado Springs to have lunch at the Pepper Market. After a long walk ( we got off at the wrong stop), we finally found the PM. Stitch was in search of a big steak. This was a great value for the credit. It was kind of confusing, but we all ended up satisfied. Stitch got his steak, Goofy got a kids meal with fettucini alfredo, and I got the chinese combo. Mine was only so, so. The desserts were basically cookies, rice crispie treats, etc. We took ours home for later.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1231.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1232.jpg

For dinner, we went to Epcot to try the teppanyaki dining room, in Japan. We had never been there, but enjoy the teppanyaki eatery we have here at home. I did not take any pictures, but it was a great meal. Try the seaweed salad sample they give. I thought it would be gross, but it was really quite tasty. We all enjoyed our meal here alot. It was not as entertaining, as the one at home, but we still had a great time.

Next up, Toy Story Pizza Planet and Concourse Steakhouse.

1 goofy family
07-04-2007, 11:08 PM
First of all, your children are adorable :goodvibes . I'm loving your trip report, can't wait to read more!

MA pigletfan
07-05-2007, 09:21 AM
these reviews are great...what fun pictures :)
thanks for sharing!

DiRTyBuNNy
07-05-2007, 02:26 PM
We started day 3 at MK. We planned to leave at lunch and take the bus to Pepper Market for lunch. Before leaving MK, I asked the boys if they wanted to have their dessert before lunch. They said yes, of course, so it was Dole Whip time. Goofy loves pineapple, so he was loving this dessert. He still talks about it 8 months later!!!

If you've got an Ice Cream maker at home you can buy the Dry Dole Whip mix off the web! Just wanted to let you know (PM me if you need any help).

--Mr. DB

Ms. Heimlich
07-05-2007, 02:36 PM
I am enjoying your review...

I will NEVER understand anyone who doesn't like dessert!!!

Pepper Market looked good... too bad you didn't enoy it.

Keep up the report and keep the pictures coming!!!

Ms. H

emmabemmainc
07-05-2007, 02:50 PM

I agree w/ the PP--this is just plain silly and a pretty rude comment.

I'm sure many of us used to take sips out of adult's beer cans when we were little--I certainly did, and I drink maybe twice a year.

Typical 12 year old behavior-you are right OP!

Great reviews, BTW!!

kimshmkr
07-05-2007, 09:08 PM
First of all, your children are adorable :goodvibes . I'm loving your trip report, can't wait to read more!

Thanks so much! I am so glad you like it!!!

these reviews are great...what fun pictures :)
thanks for sharing!

I am so glad to share the pictures with people who enjoy them! Thanks a bunch!!!!

If you've got an Ice Cream maker at home you can buy the Dry Dole Whip mix off the web! Just wanted to let you know (PM me if you need any help).

--Mr. DB

Thanks for the tip. Goofy would love to have dole whips at home!!!

I am enjoying your review...

I will NEVER understand anyone who doesn't like dessert!!!

Pepper Market looked good... too bad you didn't enoy it.

Keep up the report and keep the pictures coming!!!

Ms. H

Pepper Market is good, if you get the right thing. Next time, the steak is calling my name too!!! I am glad you are enjoying the reviews!

I agree w/ the PP--this is just plain silly and a pretty rude comment.

I'm sure many of us used to take sips out of adult's beer cans when we were little--I certainly did, and I drink maybe twice a year.

Typical 12 year old behavior-you are right OP!

Great reviews, BTW!!

Thanks for your support! I agree that a 12 yr old being silly does not a drinker make!!!!

traci
07-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Wow! Loving the reviews! You have adorable kids :) I am excited again about Ohana after seeing your pics. It looks like they are having a ball!!

p.s. if someone was truly concerned don't ya think they would have pm'ed you?

kimshmkr
07-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Day 4 was MGM day. This was our third trip to Disney, and the only place we have gone on all 3 trips is Toy Story Pizza Planet. My boys love it! I think the pizza is pretty good and love that the boys get a salad. We sat upstairs for the first time this trip. I found it much quieter there and the games are not as distracting. Goofy took this picture of the outside and he was quite proud of it.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1304.jpg
We enjoyed our lunch, as always!!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1305.jpg

For dinner, we ate at the Concourse Steakhouse. Despite mixed reviews, I chose it b/c Stitch had one mission this trip-eat as many steaks as possible. Goofy wanted to try french onion soup everywhere. This restaurant met both of their needs! They also were able to order smoothies for their drink, with the dining plan. Stitch got the honey sesame wings for his appetizer and I got the scallops. Both were very good. Goofy got his french onion soup and pronounced it excellent.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1323.jpg
For our entress, Stitch and I both got the filet mignon. The waitress suggested bringing the gorgonzola butter topping, for Stich's steak, on the side. I loved the butter, but Stitch wouldn't have, so it was a great suggestion on her part.

For dessert, Stitch got the triple chocolate cake and I shared my creme brulee with Goofy. Both desserts were deemed worthy by the young food critics, as well as by I.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1324.jpg
Look at all the chocolate on that sucker!!!!

This meal made for two very satisfied boys!!!!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1322.jpg
Next up-Pecos Bill and Cap't Jacks

kimshmkr
07-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Wow! Loving the reviews! You have adorable kids :) I am excited again about Ohana after seeing your pics. It looks like they are having a ball!!

p.s. if someone was truly concerned don't ya think they would have pm'ed you?

Thanks for your kind comments. Go to Ohana hungry, the food just keeps coming. The coconut races, etc. are quite fun for the kids!!!

Yes, I guess they weren't too concerned after all!!!

wilma-bride
07-06-2007, 04:19 AM
Wow, you are rattling through these reviews. When I was last here, you were at Hoop De Doo and now all of a sudden you are the Mom of a possible alcoholic and have just finished eating your way through half of the World :rotfl:

Great reviews - I am really loving them. And I totally understand your son goofing around with the drinks - my DD (13) was the same last year. We went to the Yacht Club where I got a cocktail and DD kept pretending to shift the drinks around when I wasn't looking. She had no intentions of drinking it, she just thought it looked like more 'fun' than her soda :rotfl:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup2

cindy chernauskas
07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
:dance3: Your reviews are great. We have ressies at Ohanas. Can't wait. That drink looks great. I'm going have to get one. Believe me, my DS15 and DS13 would probably want to try and get and taste of that because it looks so yummy. I thought the picture of your son was cute and funny. And I love the way you have them dressed. They are adorable!
By the way, did you feel rushed with the food coming out. My DH may have a problem with that. Maybe they could slow down the pace if we ask?:goodvibes Looking forward to the rest of the reviews, love the pictures.

GoofyBaseballMom26
07-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Cute, cute boys! Wish mine was still that age.

Great review, great pictures... looks like a good time and lots of good memories!:)

Lotus Vixen
07-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Really enjoying your reviews! The photos are great - you have such handsome little boys!

Lori

kelleigh1
07-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Great reviews! And I love the pictures of your boys. They look like they are having a great time, and I love seeing what they are eating. French onion soup! Great to see kids who are willing to try something other than chicken fingers and pizza.

I am concerned about you though. Seems that you get the short end at most of the CS places...first Tusker House wrap and then at Pepper Market. At least Pizza Planet came through for you. ;)

MrsB1228
07-06-2007, 02:52 PM
This meal made for two very satisfied boys!!!!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1322.jpg
Next up-Pecos Bill and Cap't Jacks

Kimshmkr, you have two very handsome young men there! I just love this photo of the two of them, it's so sweet! It's not often you can get a 12-year-old boy to put his arm around a younger sibling ... let alone be photographed doing it! It must be Disney magic at work. :wizard:

Thanks for sharing your reviews and pics, I'm enjoying it very much!

kimwim8
07-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Great report!!! Thanks so much for sharing so many details. You have eaten at a few place we will be trying for the first time in November. :thumbsup2

Keep it comin'!

kimshmkr
07-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Wow, you are rattling through these reviews. When I was last here, you were at Hoop De Doo and now all of a sudden you are the Mom of a possible alcoholic and have just finished eating your way through half of the World :rotfl:

Great reviews - I am really loving them. And I totally understand your son goofing around with the drinks - my DD (13) was the same last year. We went to the Yacht Club where I got a cocktail and DD kept pretending to shift the drinks around when I wasn't looking. She had no intentions of drinking it, she just thought it looked like more 'fun' than her soda :rotfl:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup2

What a difference a few days makes!!!:rotfl2:

I seriously must be very naive, I never thought someone would misconstrue his goofing off as a tendency to become an alcoholic!

:dance3: Your reviews are great. We have ressies at Ohanas. Can't wait. That drink looks great. I'm going have to get one. Believe me, my DS15 and DS13 would probably want to try and get and taste of that because it looks so yummy. I thought the picture of your son was cute and funny. And I love the way you have them dressed. They are adorable!
By the way, did you feel rushed with the food coming out. My DH may have a problem with that. Maybe they could slow down the pace if we ask?:goodvibes Looking forward to the rest of the reviews, love the pictures.

Thanks so much for your kind comments! I did feel rushed and should have spoken up. I am sure if you ask, you will have a much better time. Have fun!!!!

Cute, cute boys! Wish mine was still that age.

I am trying to enjoy them now while they still want to do things with their mother. They grow so fast!!!!

Great review, great pictures... looks like a good time and lots of good memories!:)

Thanks so much. I agree they are great memories!!!

Really enjoying your reviews! The photos are great - you have such handsome little boys!

Lori

Thanks so much!!!!

Great reviews! And I love the pictures of your boys. They look like they are having a great time, and I love seeing what they are eating. French onion soup! Great to see kids who are willing to try something other than chicken fingers and pizza.

I am concerned about you though. Seems that you get the short end at most of the CS places...first Tusker House wrap and then at Pepper Market. At least Pizza Planet came through for you. ;)

Thanks so much. I think the soup at Tusker House made up for the wrap!!!!

Kimshmkr, you have two very handsome young men there! I just love this photo of the two of them, it's so sweet! It's not often you can get a 12-year-old boy to put his arm around a younger sibling ... let alone be photographed doing it! It must be Disney magic at work. :wizard:

Thanks for sharing your reviews and pics, I'm enjoying it very much!

I am glad you are enjoying the pics. I love that picture also. It is harder as they get older to get good pics of them acting like loving brothers. Must have been the full, happy tummies.

Great report!!! Thanks so much for sharing so many details. You have eaten at a few place we will be trying for the first time in November. :thumbsup2

Keep it comin'!

Thanks so much. I hope you have a great time!!!

Liz
07-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm loving your report, the pictures, everything! We were there almost the same dates as you were (Dec. 17-24). We ate the Hoop De Doo on the 22nd and sat right behind the piano player. I wish we had been there the night your son went on stage! That would have been so cool!

We have an ADR at Ohana for our next trip so it was interesting to read your review and see your photos. Are there many tables with a view of Wishes? I made our reservation to hopefully coordinate with the time of the fireworks. Crossing my fingers for a good table!

Is Toy Story Pizza a counter service or table service place? We've never eaten there!

Can't wait to read more reviews! Your boys are so cute!

kimshmkr
07-07-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm loving your report, the pictures, everything! We were there almost the same dates as you were (Dec. 17-24). We ate the Hoop De Doo on the 22nd and sat right behind the piano player. I wish we had been there the night your son went on stage! That would have been so cool!

We have an ADR at Ohana for our next trip so it was interesting to read your review and see your photos. Are there many tables with a view of Wishes? I made our reservation to hopefully coordinate with the time of the fireworks. Crossing my fingers for a good table!

Is Toy Story Pizza a counter service or table service place? We've never eaten there!

Can't wait to read more reviews! Your boys are so cute!

That is cool that we were there at the same time. I wonder if we were ever
at the same place at the same time????

There were quite a few tables with views of the castle. Just ask when you check in and they will try to accommodate. We had to wait for the table for about 30 minutes but it did not dissapoint. Have fun!!!

Thanks so much for your kind words!!!!

PrincessTiff
07-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Very entertaining and you're boys are adorable. Thank you for sharing! :)

AKpooh
07-08-2007, 02:05 AM
great report so far. your boys are adorable!!

lgcountry
07-08-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm really enjoying your reviews, especially the pics, and your son's opinions. My 10 yr old is pretty picky, so being able to show him what other kids are trying is GREAT.

Thanks so much!

Eeyore's Tailfinder
07-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I am loving your food TR! I can't wait for more - it's making me excited for my first trip in 4 weeks :teeth:

tinkerbell1967
07-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Very nice reviews! And wonderful pictures!

DisneyJo
07-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Loving your reviews, how cool that DS got chosen at HDDR :)

PatsMom
07-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Great reviews and pictures. And really cute kids. Thanks a bunch for sharing.

TwingleMum
07-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks for sharing. I love pics that add soo much to a TR.

kimshmkr
07-08-2007, 05:13 PM
We went to MK on Day 5. We were in frontierland, at lunch time, and wanted to eat lunch while watching the Christmas parade, so we chose Pecos Bill. We ate here the year before and loved the fixins bar. Stitch and I got the burger combo. It was quite tasty as always. The peanut butter chocolate dessert is excellent. Stitch got the kids meal with sloopy joe and grapes for both sides. He ate it all. We had a great spot for watching the parade by sitting outside. Great meal!!!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1404.jpg

We stopped for a snack before leaving, at the Enchanted Grove, in Fantasyland. We had never been there before, but it was so hot that day, we needed a refreshing snack. Goofy got a strawberry swirl, vanilla soft serve with strawberry sherbert. He loved it! Stitch and I got a rasberry lemonade slush. Also very good!!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1472.jpg

For dinner, we were going to DTD to eat at Cap't Jack's. I chose this meal b/c the boys had never had lobster and could get it on the dining plan. For appetizers, I got the crab cakes which were very good. Stitch got the shrimp cocktail and Goofy was able to get a small bowl of clam chowder with his kid's meal. Stitch gave this a thumbs up!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1492.jpg

Goofy's kids meal was great. He got a chicken sandwich, goldfish crackers and apple slices. He loved it!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1493.jpg

At the time, a lobster tail could be added to your entree at no charge, so since we weren't sure picky Stitch would like it, we added it to his grilled chicken pasta. Good thing, b/c he did not like the lobster!! He loved the pasta though!!!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1494.jpg

I got the twin lobster tails dinner and loved it!!! We are going here again in August, so I can get me some more lobster!!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1495.jpg

We also stopped at Goofy's favorite place after dinner, Goofy's Candy Company. I had learned here, on the DIS, that you could use a snack credit and make your own treat. We made some great treats to eat for breakfast on Christmas Eve morning. Here is Goofy filling out his order and the boy's in front of the cool jelly belly sign.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1486.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q243/kimshmkr/100_1487.jpg

Next up, End Zone Food Court and Christmas Eve dinner @ Chefs de France

kimshmkr
07-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Very entertaining and you're boys are adorable. Thank you for sharing! :)

Thanks so much for your kind words!!!!

great report so far. your boys are adorable!!

Thank you!

I'm really enjoying your reviews, especially the pics, and your son's opinions. My 10 yr old is pretty picky, so being able to show him what other kids are trying is GREAT.

Thanks so much!

I know about picky eaters, Stitch is always picking at his food!!!

I am loving your food TR! I can't wait for more - it's making me excited for my first trip in 4 weeks :teeth:

We are going in about 4 weeks also, Aug 5-15. Have a great time!!!

Very nice reviews! And wonderful pictures!

Thanks so much, it has been fun writing the reviews.

Loving your reviews, how cool that DS got chosen at HDDR :)

I thought it was so neat. My son loved it!!!

Great reviews and pictures. And really cute kids. Thanks a bunch for sharing.

Thanks so much!!!

Thanks for sharing. I love pics that add soo much to a TR.

I love to share my pics with people who love Disney like I do!!!!

cindy chernauskas
07-08-2007, 11:53 PM
It's so nice of you to take the time to write the reviews and post the pictures. I really appreciate it and has helped me in planning our upcoming trip. Thanks. :banana:

saffymom
07-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Great reviews! Thanks so much for sharing them!

DizzDoll
07-09-2007, 08:21 AM
This thread was a wonderful Monday morning treat!!:hug: Your boys are just adorable (those eyes are to die for!! Lady-killers in the making:laughing: )!! For the most part you had some good food choies but you can't win 'em all. In 2003 the kids and I went to Ohana's for their character breakie and was not impressed with it at all - food mediocre at best, felt rushed through the whole experience, characters blew past all the tables, but the coconut races were fun as well as the conga line. The kids got to enjoy that. Thank you so much for this thread - very enjoyable. Are you going to post again after your August trip? We'll miss you by 5 days - we're going from the 20th to the 30th. We should do a double post and compare notes:rotfl:

kimshmkr
07-09-2007, 09:14 PM
It's so nice of you to take the time to write the reviews and post the pictures. I really appreciate it and has helped me in planning our upcoming trip. Thanks. :banana:

Thanks so much!! I hope you enjoy your trip!!!

Great reviews! Thanks so much for sharing them!

You are so welcome!!!!

This thread was a wonderful Monday morning treat!!:hug: Your boys are just adorable (those eyes are to die for!! Lady-killers in the making:laughing: )!! For the most part you had some good food choies but you can't win 'em all. In 2003 the kids and I went to Ohana's for their character breakie and was not impressed with it at all - food mediocre at best, felt rushed through the whole experience, characters blew past all the tables, but the coconut races were fun as well as the conga line. The kids got to enjoy that. Thank you so much for this thread - very enjoyable. Are you going to post again after your August trip? We'll miss you by 5 days - we're going from the 20th to the 30th. We should do a double post and compare notes:rotfl:

Thanks so much! I think they are pretty cute myself! I have had fun with this thread, so I think I will post one after our August trip. I won't wait as long though, hopefully. I hope you have a great trip!!!! I know you are as excited as I.:yay: