PDA

View Full Version : Best Makeup for WDW

CatDisney16
07-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey! I would like to know what is a good eyeliner, mascara, cover up, bronzer for the heat! I know personally when i get sweaty my makeup just comes right off and my eyeliner smears everywhere and the mascara clumps. If you have any suggestions it would be great! Thank You! =)

Lil'DisneyMom
07-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Just don't wear any!!!

JulielovesDisney
07-03-2007, 10:52 AM
I usually don't wear any down there either. But I have found some good makeups that don't sweat off AS easily. I use Bare Minerals, which stays on for a while. I have the foundation and a few eye shadows. But for eye liner, I use Almay. The pencil, not the liquid. I also purchased Almay eyeshadows, the kind that compliments your eye color. They stay on great!! And for the mascara, I usually don't use it. I was blessed with long, dark eyelashes naturally. But I would think that a waterproof mascara would work.

JanB
07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
After several years of trying to make it work, I finally stopped wearing makeup in the parks -- at least during the day. Bare face is also easier to deal with if you're wanting to take a swim sometime during the day. Getting plenty of sunscreen on your face is much more important than makeup.

We typically go back to the hotel mid-day to rest and swim before going back out in the evening. When I dress after swimming, I will usually put on makeup at that time -- makes me feel a bit more "presentable" for going out to dinner. By the time we're back out in the parks, it's not nearly as hot as before, and the makeup stays put. So I suppose I compromise a bit on the makeup.

Mrs Grumpy
07-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Sorry, but I am also going to say not wear any. I wear makeup everyday but when I am down there it is gone within an hour with all the humidity. I don't even take any down with me.

I know where the mineral makeup but I really wouldn't want to wear it there because it does something to my skin when I get hot - starts burning. It isn't the makeup because I can't even wear high SPF sunscreen because it will do the same thing. Just something with my skin and heat.

goofyisinphilly
07-03-2007, 11:48 AM
The best makeup I have ever found for any occasion is Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. This stuff only comes off with facial cleanser. It doesn't feel real heavy and it stays put for 16+ hours. I love all the Estee products but I will never wear another foundation. It costs $32.50 a bottle but lasts about 3-4 months per bottle. For extra long lasting don't use a moisturizer first.
Have a great trip!

Mickeefan
07-03-2007, 04:03 PM
The only makeup I wear at Disney (at least during the day) is waterproof mascara and eyebrow color. My eyebrows are VERY light and if I don't wear something, they just don't show up. If we're going to a nicer restaurant for dinner/evening, I might put on some eye shadow during an afternoon break back at the room.

cryssi
07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
I usually just do sunblock and mascara. I was looking for waterproof eyeshadow for this trip, but can't really find anything. I will be doing sunblock, MAC blot powder (though I don't really know what the point is since it'll just sweat off), MAC liquidlast eyeliner, waterproof mascara. I haven't decided yet, but I might wear MAC paint and a bit of eyeshadow. It's not so much the eyeshadow that melts off me as the mascara. I get ridiculously bad raccoon eyes. I'll take some concealer for blemishes. I have pretty good skin, so for evenings, I probably still won't wear foundation, just a dusting of blot powder. It is pretty pointless to do a whole face in that humidity...

SGMCO
07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi,
On our last trip to WDW I wore a powder mineral foundation,
blush makeup like Bare Minerals
(called Glo Minerals but no Eye Makeup because they alway smear).

I use the finishing spray whenever I have finished applying the
makeup and it seems to last much longer than if I didn't use it.
I would check my makeup whenever I went to the restroom and
If I needed a touch up all I had to do was use a damp paper towel
and lightly press and I looked like New.

I also wear a simple natural color lip gloss which I reapply during the day.
I wanted to look decent in all of the pictures that my DH insist on
taking of me and it worked, I didn't look washed out in the pictures.
:yay:

cryssi
07-03-2007, 06:13 PM
LOL the pictures are really the only reason I wear anything at all...I look ok in real life au naturel, but in pics...:scared1: yuck! LOL

4theloveofdisney
07-03-2007, 06:23 PM
It really depends on the time of year that you are going. If it's summer - forget makeup!! It won't last and you just wasted your time that day putting it on. ;) Not only that but the cover up and foundations just seems to melt into your pours which only looks tacky!!! Spend your money on some nice shades (meaning eye-glasses) and some waterproof mascara and you are good to go!

In other colder times of the year, wear what you would normally wear at home!

a1tinkfans
07-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Another vote for minimal to NONE, LOL :rotfl2:
I wear my regular mascara which happens to be water proof and then a bit of lip gloss for color. The only "primping" I do is to reapply the gloss once in a while!

I am more concerned with having on a sunscreen than makeup. foundation???? WHAT IS THAT STUFF :rotfl2: not in my suitcase (and not even at home either!)

CatDisney16
07-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Thanks everyone for your ideas. I will probably try the Bare Minerals (I've been hearing great things about it) and just some waterproof mascara, to widen my eyes a bit for pictures. Thanks again!

ZoZo
07-04-2007, 01:17 AM
Cover Girl Marathon waterproof mascara, lip gloss, and (as needed) Max Factor Pan Stik foundation.

The stick foundation is great - I have mild rosacea, and use as a cover-up. It covers well, but doesn't look heavy. I just spot-apply it to my nose, cheeks, and chin where my skin is red. It stays on pretty well, all day under most conditions (haven't "road tested" it in the heat and humidity yet, but I think it would last better than regular foundation).

Here's what the Max Factor web site says about it: "The goal? A flawless complexion. The means? Full coverage with a soft, dewy finish. Pan-Stik Ultra Creamy Makeup uses a high-tech formula to cleverly conceal pigmentations and skin imperfections while giving you maximum coverage. The results? A beautifully radiant complexion with no caking."

cinderella73
07-04-2007, 01:48 AM
I agree with ZOZo .. Maybelline is the most waterproof. I do wear make up to dis in the heat. I wish I could not . But its something I am to insecure to go without! But I do make sure its melt proof. No point in wearing it if you cant get it to stay right. You cant escape the fact you will sweat but you can try this. Eyes mascara by maybelline , eyeliner colorstay by revlon then dust over with power . Actually dust eyelashes and lids before any eyemakeup. No shadow ,havent found a way to melt proof that. On to lips. If you wear lipliner use again revlon colorstay , line then smudge . Apply whatever lipbalm or lipstick u use. That is something that wont stay but its no big deal to apply lip balm again and if u use liner it already gives you color . Face is tricky. If you normally use a full foundation I wouldnt. Use instead a stick concealer with a q-tip in areas only as needed. You can powder but use a oil free oil absorbing one. I know its a cheapie but I still like shine free powder by maybelline . Cheap isnt always bad. Just get translucent shade so it wont cake or get orange. And instead of reapplying to many times which is what makes you cakey take a tissue and blot before repowdering. The tissue absorbs the oils and the powder wont get yucky. Also what I do because I have oily skin. I take a cotton ball and dip it in seabreeze and stick it in a ziplock bag in my purse before I go. When I use the rest room I blot my face with that. Then I dont need to apply powder . And if you pat it wont remove makeup just absorb shine. BTW my friend is makeup artist in nyc so some of these tips r hers . The seabreeze is mine. And nothing feels better when u get all yucked up in the good old disney heat.

cryssi
07-04-2007, 02:09 AM
I do the blot face before repowdering thing (if I do repowder, which is practically never) because I'm pretty oily, too.

I like your seabreeze cotton ball ziploc method...I think I'll take q-tips with makeup remover for a mid-day racoon-eye remedy.

Have you tried any waterproof or transferproof eyeshadows? I recommend the MAC paint, which is in a tube, or a MAC artist said shadestick is the same but in a stick form (and they have more colors). While they do come off a bit if you go swimming (tried it), they do last through sweat (played softball in full makeup and it stayed).

Leggyb
07-04-2007, 04:28 AM
If you are like me and can't stand the thought of not wearing makeup, then this is what I suggest.... MINERAL MAKEUP! I've tried all sorts of brands of mineral makeup including the expensive Bare Minerals.. BM just ended up irritating my skin and made it all itchy... It contains the ingredient called "Bismuth" so watch out for that. For a poor man's version (and my personal favorite) I would go for Physicians Formula.. You can but it at Target/ Walmart. I like the bronzers... So usually I'd just get a spray tan and put on some bronzer and I'd be good to go. I'd start there if you are going into the realm of Mineral Makeup... It's cheap and easy and if you don't like it-you can always return it!

WDW Poly Princess
07-04-2007, 04:30 AM
I love Mary Kay's mascara- I've worn it on Splash Mtn, and it stayed on!

For eyeliner, I use black eyeshadow and an angled brush to apply- it doesn't run the way regular eyeliner does.

I'm going to go against the grain of everyone saying not to wear makeup! I forgot my makeup bag at home one trip, and I hate ALL of the photos with me in them! I don't mind going out in public without makeup, but vacation photos are special, and spending all day walking around the parks does NOT make you look your best anyway, so I need all the help I can get!

aubriee
07-04-2007, 06:29 AM
Another fan of Bare Minerals make up here. I love the stuff. They now have something called BE Weather Everything liner sealer and Weather Everything mascara. The reviews on both are really good, so I recently bought some of the liner sealer on Ebay. You just mix a drop with any of their eyeshadows and you have weatherproof eyeliner. The only thing is, you better carry some good eye make up remover with you, because the stuff won't come off without it. It really weathers' everything and is totally water, tear, smudge, and sweatproof. If the mascara is this good I may be getting some before my Sept trip. My contacts always makes my eyes water, so I've always had a problem with eyeliners, but no more. This stuff is great. One of the reviews at Make-up Alley agreed it was great, but says a drop of eye drops mixed with Bare Minerals eye shadow will do the same thing. I've never tried that, but she swore it makes an eyeliner that is budgeproof.

I also always carry a pkg of blotter tissues with me to the park and use them everytime I go to the restroom to remove any face shine. The best mascara I've found is Majolica Majora 15X lash expander. Again though, you better have a good eye make up remover with you, because it won't come off without it and even then is hard to get off.

momocay
07-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Another vote for Bare Minerals :thumbsup2

Miss Mo
07-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Well I'm afraid my scottish skin will need sunblock, sunblock, sunblock! I will take powder, eyeshadow, mascara and lip gloss for nights but even that will be bare minimal!

mo x

cinderella73
07-04-2007, 11:15 AM
2 more thoughts.. When u go to put mascara on take a tissue and swipe the tip once . Get most of the gunky stuff off. It leaves enough on the brush to still give ur lashes a coat but wont get clumpy or run. And here is on last idea. If you are fair skinned and are not used to going without blush foundtion and everything I would say consider a spray tan. It will give u a nice color all over and evens out skin tone. It can replace needing blush and foundation .

MomofKatie
07-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I wore mineral makeup for the first time in January- it was great! I used Everyday Minerals, and it didn't wear off- still looked good after 12 hours in the parks. It also has a natural SPF of 15. The weather ran the gamut from mid 80's and humid to mid 40's and windy- Everyday Minerals stayed with me and looked good through it all!

I like good old Maybelline Great Lash waterproof mascara and Mary Kay lipstick. I also carried around a tube of colored lip gloss from Bath & BodyWorks for touchups.

Beep
07-04-2007, 06:41 PM
I use a tinted moisturiser with SPF 15 (Boots No7) and MaxFactor Aqualash mascara. I also take a cover stick for the evening in case I get any outbreaks but that's it!

scammermom
07-04-2007, 09:28 PM
I use tinted moisturizer w/ SPF 20 from Mary Kay and their pencil eyeliners and waterproof mascara. I use the dual coverage powder also and some lip gloss. I'm a little biased since I sell it but works well for me!

StarDrifter
07-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey! I would like to know what is a good eyeliner, mascara, cover up, bronzer for the heat! I know personally when i get sweaty my makeup just comes right off and my eyeliner smears everywhere and the mascara clumps. If you have any suggestions it would be great! Thank You! =)

Hey CatDisney16!

I have some tips I can share. Some of us would like to dream that we can go to disney world without makeup, and, well....some of us just cant! (I look back on photos from a few years ago. Nightmare! :lmao:)

Here are some products I bring with me when I go to disney world:

maybelline waterproof liquid eyeliner. I use the kind with the felt pen point and it works GREAT! It does not smear and wont run down your face after a water ride. As for mascarsa, waterproof is a must, covergirl lash exact with their line of no clump brushes works great too.

For foundation and cover up, use a water based foundation. They have less chemicals that will blot in the heat, and it will look natural and not cakey if you have to reapply durring the day. Also bring a powder compact with you in your purse to the park, so if you get a little sweaty, pat on some powder to absorbe the moisture and to fix shiny skin.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

MissMet
07-05-2007, 08:15 AM
No make up?! :scared1: :scared:

I can't go a normal day without my make up! :rotfl2: Add onto it WDW with pictures, no way.

I wear Clinique, but my mom wears bare minerals & she loves it. :thumbsup2

LKHomemail
07-05-2007, 09:47 AM
I recently started using the bare minerals and have to say that it feels much better in the summer and looks more natural. This really doesn't melt as much but I've only tested it in 90 or so degrees with limited exposure. it does have a bit of spf sun protection. i like the max factor 2000 calorie, or mary kay mascara. Maybelline Great Lash is one of the most popular mascara's and it's cheap.

Maybe try to take pictures/portraits in the AM when you are fresher ? Or plan to take shots in the PM before dinner ? Take as many digital ones as you want as it's easy to press delete if you do not like. I have found though that it's best to save all the pics. You can hate one now .. .and ten years later it looks fantastic to you !!

Enjoy / Have fun and do not worry about the makeup. You won't remember what you wore/stressed about with time.

Jen76b
07-06-2007, 03:50 PM
I too couldn't imagin not wearing makeup. I also put a little on to cover my imperfections, and take most of my pictures early in the day. The rest of the day is usually of my DS and my DH. :rotfl:

I LOVE Bare Minerals also! A great ti[p to make the foundation last is to apply the Mineral Veil first, then foundation, then Mineral Veil. Also, to cover up any acne or acne scars, I use Multi-Tasking. Then I put on mascara and lipstick (not BMs).

dizzi
07-06-2007, 08:02 PM
i fidn that my Mary Kay stays on great!

ilovecountry
07-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Well I'm 23 & my skin isn't exactly the greatest w/o make up so not wearing it wasn't an option for me. My HG cover up is Makeup for ever face & body- it's waterproof but it's very sheer and can be layered for coverage, nobody has ever been able to tell I'm wearing foundation. It lasted all day and into the night still looking perfect, not to mention through the constant rain. Personally I never had any luck w/ mineral foundation. It always made me itch & it looked natural in the morning but my the end of the day it was always cakey looking. Not to mention Mineral foundation made me break out horribly! I'm glad it works for so many others though. As for mascara & eyeliner, Covergirl Marathon is your best friend. The mascara is 100% waterproof to the point where you'll curse it's name when you try to take it off. It doesn't smudge or flake either. :thumbsup2

IMDORY
07-07-2007, 01:51 PM
One more vote for Bare Minerals! :thumbsup2 I've used Physican's Formula Mineral make up in the past...it's ok...I like the feel and look of Bare Minerals better. I also use the Bare Minerals eye shadows too.

For eyeliner, I use Almay 16 hour eyeliner...no smudging all day at all. Only the 16 hour one-the other Almay eyeliners run and smudge like crazy!

I've been using Physican's Formula waterproof mascara this summer on occasion...seemed to work good for me.

crarmy
07-07-2007, 07:21 PM
My number one recommendation is a product by Philosophy called The Present Clear Powder, http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/prod_present-clear-powder, it is an amazing product that will help absorb the oil in you skin, better than using powder.

I love Mac's Powerpoint Eyeliner and their water proof mascara. Also for eyeshadow, I love Mac's eyeshadows, but I always use and eyelid primer before I apply my eyeshadow, this will keep it from creasing and will stay on for hours!!

We live in Houston, Texas and we struggle with extremely hot and humid days!!

DisneyGuess
07-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I have to throw my votes in for the Cover Girl Outlast foundation and powder. It stays put in humidity and heat for me.
I was worrying about which kind to wear for my outdoor wedding in FL, even asked on the wedding boards, but my minister told me she wears the CG outlast all the time, so, I'll stick to what I know. :thumbsup2
Same with my lash exact CG mascara. :goodvibes

Cdn Friends of Pooh
07-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Another Everyday Minerals fan here :thumbsup2 ... I test drove their free samples during our trip to the World this past May and was hooked. I never had my skin look so smooth or flawless. It went on so light yet covered the redness on my face, and lasted throughout the entire day. I only needed a touch up before heading out for the evening.

Bonny

SamSam
07-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Another Minerals Foundation person here. I have very oily skin (even at 50+), so this is pefect for me. For people that have may have trouble with it, be sure and check to make sure that whatever brand you get is talc free. It should only have minerals in it. The plus of a mineral foundation is that it usually has an SPF of 15. I wish I could go makeup free, but I just can't.

bluejaygirl
07-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I didnt put anything other than Mary Kay moiturizer with spf 15 on my face, but I had to go with Loreal pencil perfect eyeliner and Mary Kay mascara and I had no isssues even after two trips on splash mountain and of course, rain and tears.

dprobinson1
07-08-2007, 10:56 PM
The mineral make up is a thumbs up! Another nice tip ... not just for Disney...I had my eyeliner tattooed on ... not very expensive ... lasts for years ... wake up with makeup ... great for sports, beach, swimming, and Disney! Also, you can dye your eyelashes right before you go .. or use water proof mascara .. no smudges. :cutie:

MissMet
07-09-2007, 07:45 AM
The mineral make up is a thumbs up! Another nice tip ... not just for Disney...I had my eyeliner tattooed on ... not very expensive ... lasts for years ... wake up with makeup ... great for sports, beach, swimming, and Disney! Also, you can dye your eyelashes right before you go .. or use water proof mascara .. no smudges. :cutie:

OUCH! :scared:

I've heard a lot about that, but I don't have enough guts to do it...I'm a baby.

StarDrifter
07-09-2007, 01:19 PM
How does dying your eyelashes work? that would be really convinent, hmmm...

dprobinson1
07-09-2007, 01:49 PM
To dye your eyelashes .. you need a kit .. you can pick one up at a beauty supply ... I have done it many times .. you can have it done at a salon also (that will cost you much more) ... instructions are on the kit .. basically, you yo mix equal parts of the the developer and color together, apply to lashes with a small brush or q-tip .. let it process for the time listed ... usually 10 - 20 minutes depending on the type of kit. wash off. This works great .. a tip of mine is to take vaseline and apply around your eye (not touching the lashes) .. this keeps any unwanted dye off your skin. ;)
I am a liscenced cosmetologist ... salons offer it .. but it is really easy to do yourself. :cutie:

M. Robinson
dprobinson@aol.com

StarDrifter
07-09-2007, 02:00 PM
that sounds great! Ill try and pick up a kit this weekend. Anything to speed up my makeup routine, how long does the dye last? and what about keeping it out of your eye?

MissMet
07-09-2007, 05:59 PM
To dye your eyelashes .. you need a kit .. you can pick one up at a beauty supply ... I have done it many times .. you can have it done at a salon also (that will cost you much more) ... instructions are on the kit .. basically, you yo mix equal parts of the the developer and color together, apply to lashes with a small brush or q-tip .. let it process for the time listed ... usually 10 - 20 minutes depending on the type of kit. wash off. This works great .. a tip of mine is to take vaseline and apply around your eye (not touching the lashes) .. this keeps any unwanted dye off your skin. ;)
I am a liscenced cosmetologist ... salons offer it .. but it is really easy to do yourself. :cutie:

M. Robinson
dprobinson@aol.com

Just curious...

Can you tell me, what the point is of dying your eyelashes? :confused3

I use mascara to curl/"Pump up" my eyelashes.

AMaloy314
07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Just curious...

Can you tell me, what the point is of dying your eyelashes? :confused3

I use mascara to curl/"Pump up" my eyelashes.I've never done this, but I'm sure that it would be beneficial in my case. I'm a natural blonde and my eyelashes and eyebrows are nearly white and look almost invisible. If I don't wear mascara, my eyes seem to shrink! Although, I will take the extra 'pump', it's the color I need.:)

SamSam
07-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Several years ago I had my eyelashed dyed at a salon and loved it. My lashes are long and thick enough, but they are blonde at the root and at the tip, so appear practically non-existant without mascara or dying. I didn't realize that I could purchase the dye to do it myself! The cosmetician that dyed mine said that it was a special dye that could be used around the eye.
I'll have to check with our local beauty store for dye for my lashes.

MissMet
07-10-2007, 07:16 AM
I see. That makes sense.

My eyelashes are black, so that's probably why I didn't get it.

Thanks.

dprobinson1
07-10-2007, 03:51 PM
To the girl who wants more info about dying her lashes ... email me directly .. it is easier than returning to the boards :)

dprobinson1@aol.com

suzydisney971
07-10-2007, 04:54 PM
I am very fair skinned. I can go from white to red in no time at all (even with sunscreen). I usually just wear sunscreen and don't wear any makeup during the day and put some on at night. Do any of the above recommendations go well with sunscreen? Any one recommend a great sunscreen? I usually wear banana boat or coppertone SPF 15. I don't really care for SPF30 as I don't think it works as well.

MissMet
07-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I am very fair skinned. I can go from white to red in no time at all (even with sunscreen). I usually just wear sunscreen and don't wear any makeup during the day and put some on at night. Do any of the above recommendations go well with sunscreen? Any one recommend a great sunscreen? I usually wear banana boat or coppertone SPF 15. I don't really care for SPF30 as I don't think it works as well.

I like Banana Boat FACES Plus. It's oil-free & protects against UVA & UVB rays. It's great. It's not greasy so it doesn't clog your pores & cause breakouts. It's waterproof too. Mine is SPF 23, but they have all different SPFs.

I love it.

Jen66
07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
I just bought Revlon colorstay Active light makeup with SPF 25 and it is supposed to be sweatproof. I'll know after WDW next week! I also bought Maybelline great lash waterproof mascara. I am blond and fair and need some color on my eyes, even when it is oppressively hot out:rotfl:

Debby
07-10-2007, 06:45 PM

I am a person who always wears make-up, and at Disney, I wear Clinique's work out make up with sunscreen which doesn't melt. Or I wear nothing, because it is so hot, getting make-up into your pores is not good for your skin. I know it's wierd not to wear make-up when you always do, but it's actually very liberating when you get used to it. You won't know anyone there, so who cares? Just wear sunscreen and some sunglasses!:cool1:

suzydisney971
07-11-2007, 10:13 AM
I like Banana Boat FACES Plus. It's oil-free & protects against UVA & UVB rays. It's great. It's not greasy so it doesn't clog your pores & cause breakouts. It's waterproof too. Mine is SPF 23, but they have all different SPFs.

I love it.

Thanks. I'll have to pick some up and try it. I have Bare Minerals which I wear occasionally. (I'm not much of a makeup person :rotfl: ) I'll try it with the sunscreen and see what happens. Anything to make myself look more photogenic. I hate myself in pictures. :rotfl:

mmstjohn
07-11-2007, 11:06 AM
I can't go with NO makeup. I got a great bronzer stick from Target called "Sonia Kashuk" - I think I'm spelling that right. It's called Sunsplashed, and I rub it on cheeks and lips so that I look like I'm alive. The best non-waterproof mascara for a sweaty day is from Sephora, and it's called "Makeup Forever". A few dots of concealer and that does it for me!:flower3:

DisneySweetie
07-12-2007, 02:07 PM
I use mascara to curl/"Pump up" my eyelashes.

I completely understand. My eyelashes are neither thick nor long. But they are pretty dark. So my mascara really only exisits to keep the curl and pump up my eyelashes. On days I'm going to be outside a lot I skip the normal mascara and go for clear mascara to help keep the curl in them. That way I don't have to worry about anything.

I normally don't wear much make-up other than mascara. But when I need that extra boost in order to not look like a zombie, I use sheer cover. I became a part of their mailing club for two months and then cancelled. Since I don't wear make-up everyday, the supply has really lasted.

I am interested in adding eye-liner to my routine, but I have a really hard time putting it on. I think it's just because I don't have enough practice. But since it takes me so long to get it right, I usually just skip it. Anyone have any tips on what to use and how to use it to get it done fast and right? I don't want to make my soon-to-be hubby wait around every morning on our Disneymoon just because I was never a girly girl so I don't have the years of practice.

Thanks!

yrdlyprincess
07-13-2007, 07:52 PM
I would go with Bare Minerals, I 'm actually going to buy more tomorrow. I just love it! I have woren it the last couple of days that it has been hot & humid, I don't wear eyeliner so I can't tell you how Bare minerals are, but I'm sure that they are great.

corgi_monster
07-15-2007, 02:48 AM
Last Septemeber, I wore makeup to the parks everyday and here's the routine that worked best for me:

Shiseido SPF55 sunblock
MAC liquidlast eyeliner
Covergirl waterproof mascara
Shiseido Pureness compact foundation - it's easy to reapply even after you've been sweating for hours

If you want to wear eyeshadow, try Benefit's Shelaque (spelling?) Basically, you apply it to your eyelid after you've done your makeup and it REALLY seals it in place. Nothing will budge/fade if you use that stuff!

crarmy
07-20-2007, 12:14 PM
I am interested in adding eye-liner to my routine, but I have a really hard time putting it on. I think it's just because I don't have enough practice. But since it takes me so long to get it right, I usually just skip it. Anyone have any tips on what to use and how to use it to get it done fast and right? I don't want to make my soon-to-be hubby wait around every morning on our Disneymoon just because I was never a girly girl so I don't have the years of practice.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your Disneymoon!!

Ok, I am addicted to makeup and I love wearing eyeliner, I can skip everything but the eyeliner.

So this is what I recommend, you can wear a liquid eyeliner on the top, Lancome or L'oreal (there are others but these are my favorites, I buy L'oreal when I am short on money and L'Oreal owns Lancome) back to Lancome and L'Oreal have a really neat one that has a tip like a felt tip marker. So then you outline the top of your eyelashes without putting too much pressure. It does take a little practice but you can do it. You can make a real thin line or with a little more pressure you can make a thicker line. You can try smudging it a little if the line is not even.

For under the bottom (you can also do this on top eyelashes) I like to use a pencil, my favorite is MAC Powerpoint. You can outline the lashes lightly, and then with the other end you can smudge it a little if the line is not even. You can also get a real thin, flat makeup brush and you can eyeline with a dark eyeshadow.

Try it, it does take a little practice, but you will love it!

DisneySweetie
07-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Congratulations on your Disneymoon!!

So this is what I recommend [...]

Try it, it does take a little practice, but you will love it!

Wow! Thanks for the advice and the details. That felt-tip style sounds like it might work for me. If I start now, maybe I'll have the technique perfected by then. Thanks again!

disneykid4ever
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Is the heat and humidity still really bad in late October? Am I gonna have to worry about all this stuff?

Also, has anyone ever tried Model In A Bottle to set their makeup during Summer in FL? I've used it before but never in intense humidity.

MomofKatie
07-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Is the heat and humidity still really bad in late October? Am I gonna have to worry about all this stuff?
Have you ever been to FL before??:rotfl: :rotfl: Sorry for the sarcasm- I've never been to FL when it HASN"T been humid. Even during the "less humid months", it seems very... moist... all the time. I think since you've experienced it during several different times of the year, you should be pretty well prepared for the level of humidity.

FWIW, I love my mineral makeup- I use Everyday Minerals, and it holds up great here in the hot, humid NC summers. Wore it for the 1st time to WDW in January, and it was great- the first half of our trip, we had temps in the 80's and high humidity.

Mrs.Reese
07-26-2007, 11:11 PM
I live in humid-drenched Florida and can wear Bare Minerals every single day without it feeling yucky.

AARCLUKSCH
07-27-2007, 01:59 PM
First of all - no foundation or base! Try a mild face tanner b4 bedtime every other day or so to give you a little color. Dab on concealer for blemishes (if any) and a little under your eyes. Then apply a very little bit of powder under your eyes. And then mascara if you wish. I feel the powder under your eyes prevents that "melty' feeling that mascara or concealer can bring on after a long day. Carry the powder with you so if that happens, just dab it under the eyes again. Trust me - it feels refreshing w/out really applying much. If you want to wear sunscreen, apply that under the concealer. That's basically how I survive the summers even at home. Once the tan goes away and fall sets in, it's really hard to go back to foundation & blush. Hope I helped!

If U Had Wings
07-27-2007, 02:49 PM
My last trip to the world I was using Laura Mercier's tinted foundation over her primer and it seemed to work pretty well for me. I adore her entire line - the powders are milled very fine and always look flawless. I also used her eyeshadow, pancake eyeliner and finishing powder.

For blush and mascara I used MAC's sheertone blush for just a hint of color and the Zoom mascara. Everything stayed put all day long and looked wonderful.

This summer though I've been trying the Everyday Minerals makeup to try to find something a bit cheaper than the Laura Mercier. (Love the stuff but the price :scared1: ) The minerals makeup really stays on in the humidity and my skin never feels clogged up by the makeup.

kabbie
07-29-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm one of those that don't wear makeup at WDW. But I know that the choice depends largely on your skin type/condition so I don't knock those that wear makeup. I was blessed with good skin (knock on wood) and don't normally wear makeup in my everyday life. Most important thing for me is to curl my eyelashes and the must have tool for that is Shu Uemura eyelash curler (about $16). My eyelashes are black already, but they grow straight and don't have definition unless I curl them. I sometimes use Covergirl clear mascara to hold the curl. You can find the Shu Uemura curler (doesn't hurt and does an excellent job) at Sephora or Nordstrom. Kevyn Aucoin also has a great one.

I'm going to have pick up some of the philosophy's present to take away the oil from my t-zone. Great tip. I also like Shiseido's oil blotting sheets ($13.50for 100 sheets) that serve a similar purpose and are portable (not liquid so good on airplane).

I read earlier of someone mentioning a finishing spray for those that wear Bare Minerals. I recommend one by Mario Badescu made with rosewater. It's heavenly.

One more thing. I love the website http://www.makeupalley.com/ Great reviews for all kinds of haircare & makeup.

beccasmom
07-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Another vote for none or very minimal! :cool2: Bare Minerals is a great option, as are the mineral foundations by both Philosophy and Neutrogena. Or try an SPF doubling as a tinted moisturizer. As for eye makeup, I do mascara only (waterproof Great Lash by Maybelline). I'm wearing sunglasses most of the time anyway.

DisneyBride'03
07-30-2007, 12:11 AM
MK not only means Magic Kingdom....Mary Kay:)

The tinted moisturizer is great, lip balm, now in a convenient tube, mascara and eyeliner....you can even use a bit of a lightly colored lip liner to add a splash of color with the lip balm.
Not that I suggest to that to any customers........

corgi_monster
07-30-2007, 06:18 AM
One more thing. I love the website http://www.makeupalley.com/ Great reviews for all kinds of haircare & makeup.

Hello my fellow MUA-er!

BTW, if you have access to ZA cosmetics line, they have the exact same blotting sheets as Shiseido, but for less than $2 for a pack of 50. ZA is owned by Shiseido, but it's mostly available in Asia. A few large US cities carry ZA, though.
ZA also makes a blotting powder that puts MAC's to shame!

michelle1
07-31-2007, 08:02 AM
When I'm getting my pedicure for my trip I also get my eyelashes tinted which lasts about 3 weeks and it looks like I have mascara on so I wear nothing during the day and sometimes add a little eyeliner for the evening. Also, since a lipstick melts in the heat I use a tinted lip balm with spf in it and other than those, thats it!

CathrynRose
07-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Hello my fellow MUA-er!

!

Me too!!! :thumbsup2

I use Everyday Minerals - Intensive for hot and humid.

I like Too Faced Pink Leopard bronzer as a blush

http://themakeupgirl.typepad.com/themakeupgirl/images/2007/04/10/p181001_hero_2.jpg

Any Mac eyeshadows - especially their Tan & Vanilla pigments.

http://i4.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/a8/a2/4f_1_b.JPG

Also - Mac's lipglosses, and their gel liner.

And Too Faced - although I hate having to take it off - their 'tubing' mascara ROCKS for staying put.

http://www.sephora.com/assets/dyn/product/P168368/P168368_hero.jpg

k_reile
08-01-2007, 04:30 PM
sometimes I use a tinted mosturizer instead of foundation and a little powder to set but that is really about it.

dvc at last !
08-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Bare Minerals for me !

:cool1:

mysparky
08-02-2007, 12:20 AM
I go the expensive route in the summer because we do a lot of swimming, camping, hiking and other outdoor activities and I'm not comfortable wearing nothing on my eyes. I've never found a decent waterproof mascara that stays on when you want it to stay on, and comes off when you need it to come off (i.e. without pulling out about 10 lashes with it)!

My summer solution is: self-tanner (I use Jergens), getting my eyebrows dyed (they're light to begin with and turn very light in the sun) and eyelash extensions (that's the expensive part). I tried the eyelash dye route twice, but my lashes just aren't thick enough or long enough to make much of a significant difference. Eyelash extensions make me look like I have mascara on and I absolutely love them. Imagine waking up and looking like you just put on a fresh coat of curling & thickening mascara! Imagine coming out of the water, rubbing your eyes, and knowing that you're not going to have racoon eyes!

It's indulgent, it's not inexpensive, but as they say in all of those L'oreal commercials....I'm worth it!

Michellynn
08-02-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm also a Bare Minerals user. The Mineral Veil is great for a quick dust that isn't heavy in the summer. I also noticed the condition of my skin improved when I switched over to Bare Minerals (I would assume that would be the same for most of the mineral based cosmetic lines).

beccasmom
08-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Another thought about the tinted moisturizer with SPF - Burt's Bees makes a pretty good, inexpensive one that I've used a few times. CVS now carries many of the Burt's Bees products.

swilphil
08-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I like Everyday Minerals, just like Bare Minerals but less expensive and actually better quality. Website is: everydayminerals.com.
They have free samples with $1 shipping.

cryssi
08-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Just got back yesterday, and couldn't wait to share my findings with you all.

For the crazy humid days, I did sunblock and MAC blot powder. MAC paint over the eyelids and a little under, a bit of powder eyeshadow, MAC liquidlast liner, and MAC splashproof lash mascara. Man, that stuff didn't budge! I was pleasantly suprised at the end of the day.

My advice if you are going swimming or are cruising and at Castaway Cay...don't wear anything. I wore the liquidlast and mascara, and ended up with some mean raccoon eyes...so...not worth it.

just had to share!

RoxyJ
08-11-2007, 11:57 PM
I usually don't wear makeup to the parks. But if I did I would use everyday minerals, there are so many mineral makeup brands out there. See my link below for my blog of mineral makeup. (yes, I'm addicted) ;) <mods, if we aren't allowed to direct people to links please fell free to delete this post I couldn't find any info on that in the TOS>

Leleluvsdis
08-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I always wear makeup to the parks I wear a tinted sunscreen, waterproof, mascera, a light layer of mascera, blush and tinted burts bees chapstick. i never have a problem with it coming of or smearing. You can also wear tinted moisterizer and it works the same, I don't because my face is so oily.

v_gan
08-13-2007, 01:39 PM
One thing I plan on doing is re-applying mid-day. I'm bringing individual make-up remover cloths to use in the bathrooms, then I'm just going to re-apply sometime in the afternoon. It only takes me about 5-7 minutes to do my make-up (foundation, concealer, powder, mascera, eyeliner, natural-colored lipstick), so I think this is the best option for me.

Also, Revlon waterproof mascera will NEVER wash off in water(unless your rub on it, of course). I've gone swimming with it and it looked as good as new when I was done. I've also gone into the ocean before with Revlon waterproof eyeliner and it BARELY smudged. It was amazing. I highly reccommend their eye products!

And Almay's liquid foundation, consealer, and pressed powder work pretty well during heat. Just don't cake it on, dab the sweat off, and use those oil sheets rather than caking on powder.