PDA

View Full Version : I'm very sad that my trip is over

MissKris721
07-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I just feel so awful inside that my trip to Disney has come and gone. Looking at my pictures just makes me want to go back even more (and it won't be possible to go back most likely for years). I looked forward to Disney for about two years....and now it is over. I work at a day camp and some of the kids come with Disney backpacks and it makes me think how much I want to go back and how much I miss the magic. Ugh, I want to get out of this feeling! Any suggestions?

GottaGetToDisney!
07-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I wish a had a cure for post-vacation depression, too. I've been suffering from it GREATLY since we returned on June 17th. *sigh* I miss Disney every single day. I sit at work and fantasize about being there again. Want to know what's worse than working at your day camp? Working as a travel agent! I get Disney inquiries just about every day and I want to scream at them "SHUT UP ABOUT DISNEYWORLD! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M MOURNING IT RIGHT NOW?!?" :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Just taking it day by day....

Gotta Get To Disney! :moped:

MissKris721
07-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm glad I am not alone in this post vacation funk!

dogsmom
07-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Visit the DIS often!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Crazy4Disney06
07-02-2007, 06:10 PM
I've worried a bit about that myself. Our first ever family WDW vacation is in August and it's been 2 years in the making. I'm worried that once we get back I'll go into post vacation funk.:confused3 :sick: :guilty:
I guess I'll just have to plan another trip to help get over it when the time comes :rotfl:

smylie1
07-02-2007, 06:12 PM
I seriously thought something was wrong with me. From the moment we left I felt a kind of sadness inside. We go to Daytona Beach every summer, and I love it, but I've never felt the feelings about a vacation being over like I've had since leaving Disney. I honestly wonder if there are subliminal messages in that magical music that makes getting back to Disney your lifes work.

I didn't even give DH a chance to shoot down the idea of going back. I went ahead and made reservations and said, "deal with it!".

When we were at EPCOT, I thought about what the original idea for EPCOT was and was imagining that I lived there and had went into EPCOT Center for the evening:rotfl2: I'm crazy, I know.

I think there are just some of us who "get" all that Walt wanted it to be to people.....We should form our own society!:grouphug:

byoung
07-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the Disney blues.

ziggybaby
07-03-2007, 04:29 AM
I just feel so awful inside that my trip to Disney has come and gone. Looking at my pictures just makes me want to go back even more (and it won't be possible to go back most likely for years). I looked forward to Disney for about two years....and now it is over. I work at a day camp and some of the kids come with Disney backpacks and it makes me think how much I want to go back and how much I miss the magic. Ugh, I want to get out of this feeling! Any suggestions?

Start planning your next visit to the mouse
It'll take your mind of your blues and give you something to look forward to

:thumbsup2

MissKris721
07-03-2007, 04:45 AM
The problem with planning the next visit is that it most likely won't be for years. We have tentatively decided to go in Dec 2008, but that is only if we are not pregnant or have a baby and that seems more likely (I want to start a family). So once we have a baby we definitely will not be returning until our young one is at least four or five (I want them to be able to remember it). I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Jrabbit910
07-03-2007, 05:13 AM
[QUOTE=Want to know what's worse than working at your day camp? Working as a travel agent! QUOTE]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I know how it feels.... it will always hit me on the ride to the airport on the me... My DH looks at me and tells me not to cry! :) I wish all of you happier days :rotfl:

Jill in Chicago
07-03-2007, 08:21 AM
I so know how you feel! It just really hits you hard! Truly the only thing that makes it better is knowing that you are going back. Is there any way you could squeeze in one more trip before you get pregnant?

Khokhonutt
07-03-2007, 08:31 AM
We called it ADD - After Disney Depression. I wrote about it in our trip report (see sig below). Writing about the trip helped. Planning the next trip, no matter how far off, helped as well.

Think of it as practice for the kids you hope to have. Say it with us, "It'll get better, I promise."

themudd4
07-03-2007, 08:33 AM
We hooked us another one guys!

Seriously tho, there is not much you can do aside from start planning your next trip. It does help some.

Indianadisneyfan
07-03-2007, 11:23 AM
You can count in also :sad1: :sad2: Maybe Ed mcMahon will come to my house one day ( It would be my luck that I would be at work), of course it would help If I entered .

pamole
07-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I was equating your post-disney blues to post-wedding blues, when i realized that your post-disney blues ARE your post-wedding blues!! Which, of course, is only making your situation worse.... Like Christmas (that we shop for, decorate for, bake for, etc. for months, and then is over in 1 day) your wedding has that same "let down" -- except even worse than Christmas --which, like clock-work, comes every 12/25-- b/c your wedding only comes once.... I had the same scenario -- wedding that I planned for 1 1/2 yrs and then a "Disneymoon", but I let the excitement of just coming home each day to my new DH and cooking a meal for just the 2 of us, etc., get me thru the post-wedding/WDW "ordinariness"....

Take up scrapbooking, if you haven't already - it's a great way to re-live all of the great memories!

Plus, aren't you exhausted from all that wedding planning and your WDW honeymoon?! Rest up -- enjoy the "nothingness" -- if parenthood comes as quickly as you want it to, you'll need your rest!!!

(Plus, like the other posters, I agree-- start planning that "surprise, we're having a baby trip!")

grumpy.uncle
07-03-2007, 11:40 AM
I think that a WDW vacation is such sensory overload and so far more than any other vacation that you can't help being a little depressed when it all ends. I always dread when we wake up on our last day; the thought of going back to the real world is just plain depressing. Disney allows us to escape reality for a short time and reenter our childhood. It is like no other place in the world and those who haven't been have no idea. I love the posters who are going back for a return trip and ask about having to respond to all the people who hound them about "Are you going back there agaaaaaain?". Unless you have experienced WDW, there is no way you can even relate. My suggestion to you to get over the WDW blues: keep visiting the DIS. It's a great way to pass the time until your next trip. I love reading other people's trip reports. I can live vicariously through other people's vacations. The first time we went to WDW, we planned on it being our only trip there. We had such an incredible time that we returned 2 years later, at which time I purchased DVC. Just went back in January, dragging my friends along for my 50th BD. None of them were looking forward to the trip like I was. By the end, they all understood about the Disney Magic. One couple even went to DL a couple of months later w/ their neices and nephews. I think they're hooked, folks!!!

Renee1061
07-03-2007, 11:43 AM
I feel your pain!! We're not planning on going again until next June, but I'm already trying to figure out a way to take another trip between now and then!

cfknight
07-03-2007, 11:53 AM
I guess disney does truley have some kind of magic. I'm depressed for about 2 months or better after returning. I have been several places for vacation and never felt like I do from returning from WDW. We used to stay at a mod. resort once a year. We now are going to try a value twice a year. I think this will be a little better knowing we will be back in 6 months. :thumbsup2

Snookies
07-03-2007, 12:01 PM
There are some excellent suggestions on this thread for anyone that suffers from post-trip blues. I've never really had them since I travel so much on business and am always glad to get home. However, working with scrapbooks (or digital photography) and planning are good. To OP who's afraid the next trip will not be for years because they may start a family and want to wait until children are 4 or 5 to go: don't be afraid to take those kids when they're toddlers in strollers. Our DD was 18 months on her first trip. Although there have been 7 more trips in the subsequent 9 years, along with 2 trips to DLR, my most vivid trip memories are from those trips when she was 1.5, 2.5, and 4. Traveling this way is not everyone's cup of tea and it is a lot of work, but it is something to consider imho.

shaniadobie
07-03-2007, 12:12 PM
FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

I so feel your pain. my group that goes is not planning on going back until 2009 and we have been every year for the past 4 years ( going Sept. 19th i can't wait) that alone is making me feel depressed.... I always feel a little bit lost when i get home and it takes me about 2 weeks to get over that lost feeling.
I don't think that my DH will want to go with out our extended family :guilty: so we will see.

disneyeeyorefan
07-03-2007, 12:20 PM
I got back from my trip to Disney in March and all I can think about is when I can go back!!! I'm still working on my scrapbook which helps and love this website with all the trip reports.

MissKris721
07-03-2007, 04:32 PM
It does make me feel better knowing I am not alone and reading things on the DIS does make it easier...I just got my photopass album and it is so cute! I really really hope to get back Dec 2008. I want to be in the most magical place at the most magical time of year.

lovethecastle
07-03-2007, 06:45 PM
You could maybe stay at a value resort during a value time. The prices are much lower then peak times. You can check prices for resorts online.
We can only go every 2 years if we're lucky. Can I also say that going to disney world with your children is so magical. It's a cliche but to see it all through your children's eyes is just wonderful (and alittle exhausting).
Sending you many good wishes for a happy life with your new husband.:goodvibes

lovethecastle
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Another idea is reading the trip reports. It helped me get through Christmas
2006 when we could not go to our happy place. Reading other people's happy stories & looking at their pictures of the world really helped.

torinsmom
07-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Kids under 3 are free, so no reason NOT to go before your child is 4 or 5. I would think 18 months-2 years would be a magical time. And from what I hear, as long as you go when it is not blazing hot, Disney World when you're pregnant is not too bad. Maybe wait until you get pregnant to plan a celebration trip for when you are 4-5 months along(over morning sickness, but not huge yet) Then plan to go when your little one is around 2. Budget trips can be done even onsite. You just go in the off season and stay at a value resort. Using a AAA discount, it is almost as cheap as a Red Roof Inn. Buy 10 day non-expiring passes and use them over 2-3 trips. Drive instead of flying if you can. Eat only counterservice or have breakfast(from home) in your room.

Hope you get to go back soon! We are going in October and finishing up our 10 day passes. I don't know when we'll get back, but I'm not thinking about that until the trip is over.

Marsha

bumbershoot
07-03-2007, 07:23 PM
You definitely have the typical post-wedding blues as well. I don't know how long you planned your wedding and honeymoon, but it can be quite all-encompassing, and now you're there wondering what to do with yourself!

Let me first state that I haven't yet been to WDW. BUT we have taken DS twice now to Disneyland, first time at just over 1, and second time at just over 2. I have no idea if he remembers the first trip, because he didn't talk all that much until he was 2. But he absolutely positively definitely remembers the second trip. A few months after we got back, he had an explosion of language and just started chattering about the Buzz Lightyear ride, and about the Pooh ride. We hadn't talked about it!

So here we are, planning a 4 or 5 day trip to Disneyland for September, and he's looking forward to it just as much as we are!

So...you might see that you'll change your thoughts on when to take any kiddoes. Plus, they are free to get in until they are 3, and that's hard to beat. :)

Last note...I myself barely remember my honeymoon (got pg on wedding night, had cruise starting the next week, and slept most of the cruise in early pregnancy exhaustion, and was in a haze the rest of the time)...should I have not gone since I didn't remember it? :) no! Hubby has good memories and shares them with me...and that's what people who take little ones to Disney parks do, too. :)

Hope you find something to plan soon! :upsidedow

OrangeBlossom15
07-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I just returned from DW in February and I am still having the blues. I wanted to return next year but DH thinks I am nuts :crazy: ! I am now shooting for 2009 and already planning...

Dis-Wiz
07-03-2007, 08:28 PM
This year's ADD is going to be harder than any other ADD. This fall, my DSis goes off to college, and then it will be me next year. So, this means, we will probably not be going to WDW for a while. We have been going to WDW every year for about 10 years, and after every trip, we have always known that we would be returning the next year. Also, my DF has been running a robotics team that goes down to WDW every spring for a competition, but he decided that this year would be his last year. So, our guaranteed quick trip to Disney in the spring is also gone :sad2: .

My DSis is, however, planning on doing the college program her sophomore year, so we are hoping that we will be able to go when she is there (and get some discounts ;) ) .

I fell your pain! But even if it doesn't seem like you will be returning to the World in a long time, just promise yourself that you WILL return eventually! If you really want to go back, you will!

My parents didn't think they would ever be able to go back to WDW after their honeymoon, but 7-8 years later, they ended up starting their 10 years of annual WDW visits. :thumbsup2

Pluto1976
07-03-2007, 08:38 PM
I understand how you feel completely. When my finance and I returned from our trip last October in WDW we were down for quite awhile. The best thing to do is what many other posters have said and that is to start planning your next trip and visit the Disboards often.

Has anyone else taken trips since their Disney vacation and felt those trips were lacking in some way?

MomofCKJ
07-03-2007, 08:44 PM
I had serious PVD (post vacation depression) after our last Disney trip in December. I often get it (after my wedding, our cruise, all the big events you plan and plan) and it is so sad.:sad:

Write a trip report here on the DIS. I found that helped, reliving the trip, sharing it with others, it just helped lift the spirits. And plan another trip, that is always helpful too. Even if you think you might be pregnant, you can still do Disney pregnant (I was 4 months on a trip once, we had booked it and then I got pg) and enjoy it.

Allyson :)

Nemo32
07-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm glad there are other people who feel this way. I just got back from a trip and all I can talk about is WDW. My friends and family wana strangle me. They just don't get it.

PS to Indianadisneyfan- Love the pic of EE, I have an identical one as the background on my desktop. It's the reason I'm going back to WDW...the Yeti!