PDA

View Full Version : Waitlisted for a 2BR in January~yikes


hitchedpumpkin
07-01-2007, 08:18 PM
:scared1: In April I made a ressie for a 1 BR at SSR for 1/1 - 1/6 for me DH, DS7 and DD3. Everything was great until last Thurs when DH has the great idea to have my parents join us (we just got back from 5 blissful days at SSR so the pixie dust must not have worn off yet:cutie: ). I agreed with the thought and the next day called MS to make the switch to a 2BR and lo and behold THEY HAVE NOTHING~no studios, no cash ressies, NOTHING!

What am I going to do? My parents are so excited. They haven't been to WDW in over 25 years. My dad is retiring as of 12/31 so we thought this would be a great way to celebrate and planned on giving this trip as a X-mas gift. Airline tickets are already booked and since DS7 is in first grade our dates are limited.

Please let me know if you think I have any shot at my waitlist coming through. I asked to be put on a waitlist for any 2BR at any of the WDW resorts.

If anyone has a 2BR res for same dates and thinks they may be cancelling or changing dates, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know. My whole family would be eternally grateful:worship:

Deb & Bill
07-01-2007, 08:23 PM
...If anyone has a 2BR res for same dates and thinks they may be cancelling or changing dates, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know. My whole family would be eternally grateful:worship:

That probably won't do you any good because it will just move the next person on the wait list to that villa. You might be at the bottom of the list.

You may need to see if you can make a cash reservation through CRO or MS for a studio for parents.

hitchedpumpkin
07-01-2007, 09:10 PM
I tried to get a cash reservation for my parents and could only get one at the Values or POFQ. Nothing at SSR. Hopefully my waitlist comes thru.

RumpleMom
07-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Did you also waitlist for a 1 bedroom and a studio at any resort?

dis-happy
07-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Since you already have the 1 b/r booked, I would also w/l for a studio at SSR. You may not be right together sharing the room, but it could happen (downside: it will cost you a few more points).

We were at WDW the same week this past Jan. and it was very, very busy. They even added extra hours at MK at the last minute. You may not get a w/l match until 30 days out, so keep that in mind too. It would be a good idea to at least book another room (ie. POFQ) as a back-up.

Snookies
07-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Did you also waitlist for a 1 bedroom and a studio at any resort?

I second this. At least, waitlist for a studio at SSR since you already have a 1-Bdr reserved. I'd definitely have a back-up reservation at another property as well. If you're willing to go off-property, you may want to check availability at off-site properties like Marriott's 2-Bdrs or Hilton's 2-Bdrs. For the latter, I'd 1st check TUG or Redweek.

pumpkinboy
07-02-2007, 11:43 AM
One pumpkin to another, I wish you good luch with the reservation thing. I suspect that the biggest problem is that you're checking in New Year's Day, which is a tall order anyways. Perhaps you could take whatever nights are available later in the week, and waitlist the rest. Perhaps make a backup ressie somewhere close by for the nights you don't get at the beginning.

I hope it works out for you! It's great being able ot bring Grandparents along.

TheRustyScupper
07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
1) I would try to check-in on Jan-2 or Jan-3 or later.
2) Give the holiday people a chance to get their flights after New Year's Day.
3) There typically is not a lot of check-outs on Jan-1.

hitchedpumpkin
07-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I thought about trying for Jan 2 but that is booked as well.
Is it possible for me to waitlist for a studio without losing my 1BR reservation? The reason I only waitlisted for any available 2BR was becasue the CM I spoke with at MS said that they would automatically cancel my 1BR reservation and switch to the 2BR if it were to come through. I would hate to lose my 1BR and be stuck with a studio for 6 people due to a system or policy loophole.

dis-happy
07-02-2007, 05:22 PM
You need to be very careful with MS and new w/l policy that automatically books you. There are 2 different issues here:

w/l for the studio at SSR as a separate ressie (if it come through keep it along w/ the 1 b/r you already have)

w/l for a 2 b/r for all of you at any property (in which case MS will need to cancel the 1 b/r and use the points toward the 2 b/r)

I would make the 2 issues very clear w/ MS when you get on the w/l. Whichever w/l comes through first, the other one will be dropped from the system. So make sure you w/l for something you can live with.

I do not like the new w/l policy...it seems like it could get a member into hot water, especially for those who have multilple contracts and different needs for banking and borrowing. I assume if MS messes things up they will go back in and make changes, but this is all so new it could be interesting to see how it plays out. In my experience, getting the phone call first really helped during the w/l process, especially when the reservation was complicated.

hitchedpumpkin
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
I do not like the new w/l policy...it seems like it could get a member into hot water, especially for those who have multilple contracts and different needs for banking and borrowing. I assume if MS messes things up they will go back in and make changes, but this is all so new it could be interesting to see how it plays out. In my experience, getting the phone call first really helped during the w/l process, especially when the reservation was complicated.

DIS-Happy - I could not agree with you more about the new policy. My only fear with asking for the phone call before accepting a waitlist change is that it would reduce my chances of getting the waitlist that I requested. I am assuming that if you agree to take the waitlist without the call, you get first dibs. Those that require the call to confirm probably get what's left. Is that me just being paranoid?
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to make our reservations on-line without having to deal with MS??

RumpleMom
07-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Could you go on the waitlist for the studio in your husband's name, assuming the 1 bedroom you have booked is in your name, to reduce the chance of losing the reservation that you have already made?

Just trying to think this new wait list stuff through...

hitchedpumpkin
07-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Studio Reservation under husband's name....that is just so crazy that it just might work! Calling MS now

dis-happy
07-03-2007, 04:59 PM
DIS-Happy - I could not agree with you more about the new policy. My only fear with asking for the phone call before accepting a waitlist change is that it would reduce my chances of getting the waitlist that I requested. I am assuming that if you agree to take the waitlist without the call, you get first dibs. Those that require the call to confirm probably get what's left. Is that me just being paranoid?
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to make our reservations on-line without having to deal with MS??


Under the new waitlist policy the phone call notification is no longer an option, the waitlist adjusts automatically. I never had a problem w/ the phone call version of the waitlist previously; supposedly when your name came up the reservation was held for you for 24 hours. Had several hard to get w/l come through this way (including BW view villa over Christmas holiday and standard points studio at BWV near Memorial Day in May).

Buzzsgramma
07-08-2007, 09:13 AM
About a wk ago i called and was able to book a 1 B.R.......PV at BWV for Jan 3-5 .....we are taking the D-GR kids (2) down for the rest of their Christmas break....I could have had the WLV...2-5, but we like to walk to Epcot...now for air fare.ugh......

CarolA
07-08-2007, 12:02 PM
OK. Check your dates. What happens if you book 1/2 thur.... I bet it's that 1/1 date that's killing you!!!