View Full Version : wanting BCV 12/22 - 12/27..better chance of winning lottery?

07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
BCV is our home resort and our kids favorite. If we do book a trip away from home at Christmas, our second "home" would be most comfortable. Of course they are all booked since we've just decided to do this. My DH wants to get ressies for OKW just because he wants something set in stone. I want to wait list BCV and take a chance. I'm worried about how crowded it will be and having/not having the walking access BCV provides to Epcot and MGM might just make or break the trip. We love Fantasmic and Illumniations and love the liesurely walk we can take back after both shows vs riding the bus. So - DH thinks I'm crazy - what do you all think? We've never wait listed anything and have no idea what to expect. I guess come Dec 15th, we could potentially still be waiting. Any thoughts?

07-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I think you'll still be waiting. Take what you can get for sure and go on the wait list for BCV.
My home resort is BCV also and I couldn't get it for thanksgiving at 9 months, how bad is that. Makes me think morphing is still alive and well.
It can't hurt to waitlist as long as you have a reservation confirmed somewhere else.

07-01-2007, 09:04 PM
I agree with your DH - if you are going to WDW no matter what, it's silly not to book OKW and waitlist for BCV. BCV takes more points than OKW so IMHO, you have nothing to lose by booking OKW (and potentially no place to stay if you don't book it)!

I would only skip the "back up" plan if you won't go unless you can stay at BCV. I understand how you feel about BCV - we feel the same way about staying at the BWV, but I'd stay at any of the DVC resorts in December rather than stay home!

Good luck with the waitlist.

07-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks for your reply. I guess I was thinking that we would "wait" and then get a big surprise in say...October that we got BCV and we would be extra excited. Wow - guess we better make the call tomorrow to get what we can get huh? DH said something to the effect of what you all did about booking someplace else and waiting for the other and paying cash for some nights....I don't know - he lost me 5 seconds into the conversation. I guess I just wanted to confirm that we probably won't get BCV. Guess I better set my sights on something else which is fine. We've always wanted to try OKW or BW - although I think he said we'd have a wait there too. Anyway - thanks for the info.

Deb & Bill
07-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I think you probably have a better chance of getting struck by lightning while your five winning lottery numbers are being called. Sorry. Try OKW or SSR for waitlisting, too. You might get lucky there.

07-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Last June I tried to get 2 bdrm at either BWV or BCV for the 2nd week in Dec. Nada available so I took OKW and waitlisted for the other two. Nothing ever came thru but we really liked OKW. The rooms are enormous and the gardens and surroundings are so beautiful. We had a golf course view and it was fun to watch the golfers early in the morning. Lots of balconies were decorated, some in a very elaborate fashion. We are so glad we had the opportunity to try OKW and the next time there are 6 or 7 of us we would like to stay there again to get all that extra space.