PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase: Can't miss foods/drinks

HomeschoolMama
07-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I know all of you experienced trippers have favorite drinks or foods that are related to the countries their in. For example, tea in China... :thumbsup2

Make your thoughts known so I can add them to my list. You know as homeschoolers we have to talk about each country and their traditions before we go, so this will be a fun thing to help tie it all together.
Thanks for your help!!! :rotfl:

MickeyNicki
07-01-2007, 09:33 PM
The new tea stand in China is wonderful! We had the mango slushie and the peach schnapps tea slushie....yum!

mickeymousemom
07-01-2007, 10:28 PM
The Schwarma platter in Morocco is wonderful. You get tabbouleh, couscous salad, pita bread and chicken and lamb schwarma. YUM.

The desserts at Boulangerie Patisserie in France are to die for, and lots of people rave about the schoolbread in Norway.

The buffet at the Biergarten is wonderful. We always go for lunch and the food is so much like what I ate as a kid(my great gp's were German).

swilphil
07-02-2007, 08:52 AM
I like the gyro and shwarma in Morroco, the pastries in France, the coffee drinks at the little stand in Italy, the beef stew at counter service place in Canada, the wine at the stand in the France, the hard cider in the UK, the margaritas at the Mexican cantina --NOT the margarita stand.

We also like to sit in the open seating area in the UK (DH likes the fish and chips). The area is right next to the Rose and Crown, but it's open seating.

hddanis
07-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Grand Marnier slushies in France....althought I'm not sure how you'd work that into a homeschool curriculum. My kids just laughed at me and wouldn't let me have more than 1 (although I did have one each day we went...maybe that's why they laughed!) Also the pasteries in France and Norway are very good.

HomeschoolMama
07-02-2007, 10:26 AM
I think there's an obvious connection between the two. Because I homeschool, I need alcohol more than most moms. :lmao: Oh boy... I crack myself up!

Seriously, thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping to find some snacky type food for each area, so every bit helps. The alcohol suggestions will just be for me. :laughing:

OKWMom
07-02-2007, 10:33 AM
I love the ham and cheese croissants in the patisserie in France. They also have pastries (obviously) as well as a cheese plate and quiche.

We also enjoyed the fish and chips at the Yorkshire stand.

I've been dying to try the gelato, but by the time I get there, I'm usually too full.

hddanis
07-02-2007, 10:46 AM
I think there's an obvious connection between the two. Because I homeschool, I need alcohol more than most moms. :lmao: Oh boy... I crack myself up!

Seriously, thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping to find some snacky type food for each area, so every bit helps. The alcohol suggestions will just be for me. :laughing:

As a homeschooling mom of 4, I TOTALLY understand..which is why I threw that in there.

Seriously though, we ordered either a meal or a snack (or 2) in just about every country. I think we got:

fish and chips in England
Those slushies and pasteries in France
DH got saki in Japan, kids and I got Kaki Gori (YUM!)
Bratwurst and saurkraut in Germany
Pasteries in Norway (grabbed 2 or 3 and got in line for Maelstrom)
Funnel cake in American Adventure
Tea in China
Margaritas in Mexico...Kids got churros I think..We ate lunch at the TS restraunt there

I know there were others but I don't remember (maybe too much of the alcohol! LOL!!)

Needless to say we ate very well that day (although not very healthy, we sure had fun!)

The kids had a blast there trying all the food and going in the shops.

JohnnyB2
07-02-2007, 12:35 PM
AT Rose & Crowns in the UK there are outside stands to get fish & chips and to quench your thirst get a Harps.:thumbsup2
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

HomeschoolMama
07-02-2007, 01:06 PM
As a homeschooling mom of 4, I TOTALLY understand..which is why I threw that in there.

Seriously though, we ordered either a meal or a snack (or 2) in just about every country. I think we got:

fish and chips in England
Those slushies and pasteries in France
DH got saki in Japan, kids and I got Kaki Gori (YUM!)
Bratwurst and saurkraut in Germany
Pasteries in Norway (grabbed 2 or 3 and got in line for Maelstrom)
Funnel cake in American Adventure
Tea in China
Margaritas in Mexico...Kids got churros I think..We ate lunch at the TS restraunt there

I know there were others but I don't remember (maybe too much of the alcohol! LOL!!)

Needless to say we ate very well that day (although not very healthy, we sure had fun!)

The kids had a blast there trying all the food and going in the shops.

Thanks! That's so helpful. Our Epcot day has two large meals planned (Le Cellier for the hubby and Coral Reef since we're studying Sea Life this year), so I just wanted a little snack ideas here and there. There are several I can cross off because we can get them here (we're near San Antonio), so we won't be AS stuffed.

:rolleyes:

pixiedust247
07-02-2007, 02:02 PM
In France there is a small drink stand that has a champagne drink (sorry, I forgot the name) but it is champagne with creme de cassis. Delicious!:)

Colleen27
07-02-2007, 02:23 PM
The counter service in Japan offers one sushi option, tempura and miso soup. My kids enjoyed the food part of our studies of different cultures for most countries, but Japan was their favorite and now we go out for sushi on a semi-regular basis.

The Epcot country I'm most looking forward to trying with them is Morocco - the food and architecture in that section both look amazing! We're also planning on school bread in Norway, pastries in France, and kaki gori in Japan. And for the adults - I recommend the ice wine at Le Cellier and the plum wine and the sake in Japan.

Luv4Disney
07-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Love the sukiyaki beef in Japan!! :)