PDA

View Full Version : free dining in 2008?

palavra
07-01-2007, 05:13 PM
How far in advance does Disney announce the free dining? Is it a sure thing each year? My family just got back from Disney and would like to try the free dining next year (2008). How soon can I book this?

disneypharm
07-01-2007, 07:30 PM
How far in advance does Disney announce the free dining? Is it a sure thing each year? My family just got back from Disney and would like to try the free dining next year (2008). How soon can I book this?

This year is the third year that Disney has offered the free DDP. It has always been offered to Disney visa card holders in April (around that time) and then was opened to everyone else after a week. Last year, it actually was offered to UK citizens several months earlier. In addition, on Dec 2006 (I think!), free DDP was offered to guests already at WDW. It is never a sure thing each year. You can go Disney Restaurants and then Disney dining plan forums to get more info. There are tons of discussions about DDP.

Bob P
07-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Never a sure thing indeed...in 2007 and 2006 the announcement was made around the end of March/beginning of April. I think the announcement came a little later (May?) in 2005.