PDA

View Full Version : Best Counter Service Meals

Disney_Dreams
07-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Were going at the end of August on the free dining plan. Pretty excited have never used the plan. Can anyone tell me some great places to have Counter Service meals on the dining plan? I made all my ADR'S for sit down dining already. Thanks so much!

:laundy: pirate: :cheer2:
DM DS DD

db99
07-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Flaming Tree BBQ in AK.
Pecos Bill's in MK.
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.

pezheadmeg
07-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Cosminc Rays @ the MK.

Just about anything @ EPCOT, it all depends on what you're in the mood for. Sunshine Seasons for light fare, Electric Umbrella or the American Adventure Pavillion for the basic Burgers and stuff. Almost every country has a great counter service option too.

On the meals when it's just time to chill, the resort food courts always have great options to.

blanq
07-01-2007, 03:09 PM
My absolute favorite is WGP Express in DTD. But, I also think that Cosmic Rays and Sunshine Seasons are great bets when on the DDP.

TigerKat
07-01-2007, 03:51 PM
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons(Land pavillion)
MGM - Backlot Express(grilled turkey sandwich)
MK - Columbia Harbour house
AK - Flame tree
DTD - Wolfgang puck express

ihearttink
07-01-2007, 04:06 PM
MK - Pecos Bills
Epcot - York County Fish Shop
AK - Flame Tree Barbeque
MGM - ?

TMB1203
07-01-2007, 04:08 PM
MK-Cosmic Rays (loved the chicken/mashed potatos)...big portions and good food.
AK-Tusker House (again good chicken/mashed potatos)..I'll miss this one!!
MGM-Pizza Planet (not alot of choices at MGM) but this was pretty good.
Epcot-Sunshine Seasons

becka
07-01-2007, 04:26 PM
MK - Columbia Harbour House (great tuna sandwich) and Cosmic Rays (great variety and very good chicken)
AK - Tusker House (RIP :sad:)

We have not done much CS at Epcot so I don't really have any recommendations and we have never found any CS at MGM that we really liked.

earthfaries
07-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Cosmic Ray's at MK (Our Fave!!!)
Sunshine Seasons at Epcot was good, but we enjoyed
Lotus Blossom Cafe in China at Epcot and
Yakitori House in Japan (Had great Tempura Shrimp and Miso soup and noodles-YUM!) even better!
Toy Story Pizza Planet at MGM was good

darlak
07-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Epcot-Lotus Blossom or York County Fish Shop

MK-Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Rays

AK-Tusker House (R.I.P.) or Flame Tree BBQ

MGM-ABC Commissary

NU2WDW
07-01-2007, 05:34 PM
We really enjoyed Pecos Bills in MK.

Disney_Dreams
07-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks so much for the great ideas didn't wanna be stuck eating burgers and chicken fingers.

kjs1976
07-02-2007, 08:39 AM
MK- Pecos Bills is our fav, we never miss it! If you want a choice between burgers/sandwiches and meals, Starlight Ray's is my second choice. You can get really great chicken and rib meals there. Plus, you can get the rib/chicken combo platter on the DDP which is like $12 bucks and it can easily feed two! I got it for myself to try last year on free dining and barely made a dent and walked away full!!!!

EPCOT- Sunshine Seasons has a fantastic selection of different healthy counter meals to suit everyone in your party.

MGM - Backlot Express is a hidden gem with tasty salads and sandwiches. We also like the ABC Commissary for their Cuban Sandwich.

AK - Flame Tree. Good BBQ and a great sheltered area of seating with a fabulous view

DTD - Earl of Sanwich....I've already been having dreams about going back and drooling on my pillow!!!

smylie1
07-02-2007, 08:53 AM
I agree, we really liked Pecos Bill at MK. I even took my fry basket back to the toppings bar and got a pile of the cooked onions just to eat by themselves!

I was PLEASENTLY surprised with Toy Story Pizza Planet at MGM. I'm not a pizza person and actually went in grumbling. It was really good pizza! We'll probably eat there again in January.

I don't know what resort you're staying in, but Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge had a good variety. Be sure to check the cold cases before going straight for hot foods. I didn't realize until I had already gotten my food that they had some great looking turkey sandwiches and other things in the cases.

We ate at the Electric Umbrella at Epcot. It was good. It had your usual Disney fare, but they have a very large seating area so it was nice to be able to find a table off to ourselves and not worry about the kids bothering anyone.

Disney_Dreams
07-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Were staying at PopCentury Aug 26th-Sept 2nd with free dining :-)

:love: DM :happytv: DS :hippie: DD

kimis
07-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Were going at the end of August on the free dining plan. Pretty excited have never used the plan. Can anyone tell me some great places to have Counter Service meals on the dining plan? I made all my ADR'S for sit down dining already. Thanks so much!

:laundy: pirate: :cheer2:
DM DS DD
AK-Flaming Tree BBQ
MK-Harbour house
both of these places are awesome

DisneyRookie2007
07-04-2007, 11:19 AM
We'll be at ASMusic Aug 26 - Sept 4th.....POP was booked !

Tusker House was our favourite.........so long as the kids find something they like to eat, we're not too fussy about our CS meals..........the TS meals are something else, we want to get the most benefit from the free DDP so we plan on making ADR's at the top end places

Tyler'sDisneyMom
07-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi Disney Dreams,
I am also at the Pop Century Aug 26 through Sept 5th with the free dining package. It is just me and my 3 1/2 year ld. He turns 4 on Sept 2nd.

Best,
Amanda

Smokeyspawn
07-04-2007, 06:13 PM
When we were there in march, Wolfgang Puck express was the best food we ate period. We had TS at Akershus, Crystal palace, Liberty Tavern, Hollywood and Vine and Mama Melroses. Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD was much better than any of those. We couldn't believe it counted as a CS. We ate there twice during our visit.

chocovrdmicears
07-04-2007, 06:19 PM
MK~ Love the hot dogs at Casey's. :thumbsup2
AK~ Love the BBQ with a Safari Amber. :thumbsup2
MGM~ really like the pizza/salad at Pizza Planet :)
Epcot~ soooo many yummy cs options...we are trying the sunshine season this sept and we are very much looking forward to it!

Zooey72
07-04-2007, 07:01 PM
I can't believe so many list Pizza Planet. I don't even classify wha they serve there as being Pizza. They charge you $8 for a pizza you could buy at a grocery store for less than a buck.

Anyway,

MK - Cosmic Rays
AK - Flame tree
Epcot - take your pick
MGM - Backlot.

momof1princess
07-04-2007, 08:14 PM
MK - Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot - Liberty Inn (American Adventure at WS)
MGM - Backlot Express or Studio Catering Company

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/20070920/e/Our+3rd+Family+WDW+Trip%21/k/eace/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

honey11dog
07-05-2007, 08:08 AM
MK - Columbia Harbor House
MGM - Backlot Express
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Tusker House ( sooooo sad to see it turn into a full service):sad2:

Stitch_Dude
07-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
MK - Columbia Harbour House or Pecos Bills
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
DTD - Earl of Sandwich

Tyler'sDisneyMom
07-05-2007, 08:38 AM
My 3 1/2 yr old son and I usually share a Counter Service lunch during our Disney trips so I can use his Disney meal plan counter service for a resort breakfast that we share. I have found the best counter services with the largest portions to be:

Magic Kingdom- COSMIC RAY'S (chicken & ribs combo for $14 - you spend $18 w/ drink & dessert)

Epcot - TANGIERINE (Morocco - $14 lunch dishes - you spend $20 w/ drink & dessert)

These are probably the smartest choices if you use the dining plan.

Additionally, we like

AK - FLAME TREE BBQ
MGM - NOTHING - I AM OPTING FOR A TS MEAL AT HOLLYWOOD & VINE - BUFFET LUNCH WITH LITTLE EINSTEIN CHARACTERS

Schucraig
07-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Mk- Cosmic Ray's:thumbsup2
Epcot- Tangeriene Cafe:thumbsup2
AK- Flame Tree BBQ:thumbsup2