PDA

View Full Version : Which steak house is best?

thinkerbell
07-01-2007, 02:05 PM
We had originally booked the Spirit of Aloha but read all of the negative reviews on here so we have decided to try one of the nicer steak houses on property instead. We have thought of Le Cellier, Yachtsman, and the Concourse. Which would you pick? Or is there another one that you have been to that is nice? What was really good that you ate?
Thanks for your help.

Mouse511
07-01-2007, 02:07 PM
LeCellier is a must for us :thumbsup2

Pixmaus
07-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Le Cellier is a must-do for us each trip. So far the quality of the food has been consistently good each time we've been there. I love the Mushroom Filet.
I can't comment on either the Yachtsman or the Concourse Steakhouse, since I haven't visited either of them.....yet. :rolleyes1

Inkmahm
07-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Jiko's has the best steak on property. California Grill is second best. Yachtsmen steakhouse is very good, too. As is Brown Derby. (I eat a LOT of steak on vacation at WDW.)

All that said, I'm eating at Le Cellier for the first time in December. I'll have to decide then if it is as good as this forum says.

PrincessKitty1
07-01-2007, 02:21 PM
DH did not like the steak at Le Cellier--actually thinks the steak at Rose and Crown is better. He was totally unimpressed with Le Cellier, but we've only tried it once (wasn't crazy about the atmosphere so probably won't go back).

tinkgurl
07-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Our favorite is the Concourse Steakhouse! We love the food and the atmosphere. We always wave at the people going by in the monorail. We are sad to say this trip will be our last time eating there before they close and move! :sad1:

DisneyHolidayFan
07-01-2007, 02:41 PM
DH did not like the steak at Le Cellier--actually thinks the steak at Rose and Crown is better. He was totally unimpressed with Le Cellier, but we've only tried it once (wasn't crazy about the atmosphere so probably won't go back).

It's funny how people differ!! We like the steak at Rose and Crown but feel it is not even comparable to the steak at LeCellier. We usually eat at both places but first choice is LeCellier.

Princess Amy
07-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Concourse Steakhouse filet minon....AHH :cloud9: It just melted in your mouth...memories...:goodvibes

Alaska Catdog
07-01-2007, 04:37 PM
If you want the "nicer" steakhouse I'd say Yahtsmen Steakhouse, the food is good but for the tastiest steak I'd say they tie with Brown Derby and Jiko. Le Cellier steak has not been the same quality and cut of beef that I've had at the above. I really love Concourse Steakhouse but I've never tried their steak.

olbear
07-01-2007, 04:39 PM
My best steak while at Disney would have to be hands down, the teriyaki Steak at Kona Cafe at the Poly. It is my absolute favorite!!

Blessings,
Winnie

darlak
07-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Le Cellier or Concourse Steak House gets my vote. The steak at Rose and Crown was pretty good, but didn't really compare. I haven't tried the Yachtsman, so I can't comment on that one.

Tiffany
07-01-2007, 06:14 PM
We had originally booked the Spirit of Aloha but read all of the negative reviews on here so we have decided to try one of the nicer steak houses on property instead. We have thought of Le Cellier, Yachtsman, and the Concourse. Which would you pick? Or is there another one that you have been to that is nice? What was really good that you ate?
Thanks for your help.

Are you on the DP? If so they spend the two credits and go with the Yachtsman. If you are looking for a true upscale steakhouse experiance give Shula's located inside of the Dolphin a try. It is the best steak on property.

always on vacation
07-01-2007, 06:29 PM
The Filet at Kona was char grilled , very tender, & delicious. The Mushroom Filet at Le Cellier was also melt in your mouth tender but was salty, as was the risotto it was placed on.

The Bell of Tinker
07-01-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't guess Narcoosee's is considered a steakhouse however, I had the steak & lobster and shall I say that was the best meal in my ENTIRE life! Oh my goodness! I love steak and try to eat it anytime I can and this was the best. Also I had tried lobster twice before and never liked it and told my DH that I would try one more time and he could have it I didn't like it, let's just say he only got a few bites! I hope I could help. Happy Dining!

DeterminedOne
07-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Yachtsman, for sure! :thumbsup2 They have the best variety (cuts.)

k5thbeatle
07-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Shula's is in a "league" of their own (no pun intended).

k5thbeatle
07-01-2007, 07:48 PM

You have to understand that everyone is now "enamored" with Le Cellier. The food is quite average there...at best!;)

rcraw45425
07-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Of the ones mentioned, my pick would be Yachtsman, Concourse and Le Cellier dead last. Once they cut out the Prime Canadian beef it has not been the same for us. The tables are way too close together, the service mediocre at best (waitstaff seems to think that everyone is on DDP so they have no need to be courteous :( ) Refills on your drinks are non existant, but they do not hesitate to stick the check in your face before you finish dining. Concourse is good, staff is courteous and consciencous, the same with our Yachtsman experience, although it is quite pricey there ( we never do DDP).

Deb & Bill
07-01-2007, 09:03 PM
The three of us had excellent filet mignon at Le Cellier in June. Very tender and flavorful. Service was outstanding and the food was terrific. A little more relaxed atmosphere at Le Cellier over Yachtsman which is more upscale, but food is still very good. I adore breakfast at Concourse and we have had the steak there for dinner, too.

Kona was the worst steak ever and I had the teriyaki steak. Rose & Crown was just a terrible experience and we won't go back. I was in a wheelchair that night (my arthritis in my knee was making it very difficult to walk. When we got to the restaurant, they told me I would have to leave my wheelchair outside. :confused3

MickeyNicki
07-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Yachtsman, the food there is incredible

ozziewags
07-01-2007, 09:53 PM
:lmao: This thread will not help you at all, as there are so many conflicting experiences!
Here's mine: we have eaten steak at Concourse, Shula's, LeCellier, California Grill. CG was the best, Shula's very good, LeCellier also good, Concourse just ok;) . I bet that's no help at all!

thinkerbell
07-02-2007, 09:03 AM
WOW!!! I was really expecting to see that there was one place that was really well liked. It looks like it depends on your taste. I guess we will just have to put all of the names in a hat and pull one out.
We are not on the dining plan--someone asked. We are paying OOP and have never had a steak at WDW before. We have looked at all of the menus of all of the places listed on here and that didn't help much either as they all sound yummy.
I really appreciate all of you taking the time to respond. We might just try a few of them as we will be there for a couple of weeks.

Tink10
07-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Shula's is BY FAR the best on property, followed IMHO by Yachtsman's. We love Le Cellier, but more for the cream cheese mashed pots and the cheese soup.

tasha99
07-02-2007, 11:01 AM
I have only eaten at LeCellier, but I sincerely hope it isn't the best steak on property. I thought the meal I had last September was low end steakhouse quality. If you're on the dining plan, it's nice that it's only one TS credit, but expect Sizzler quality (or maybe a little better--the theming is nice, though the tables are too close together.).

sewer
07-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Yachtsman, for sure! :thumbsup2 They have the best variety (cuts.)

Thanks I'll be there on the 11th! :thumbsup2

kimis
07-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for your help.
My favorite is Yatchsman steakhouse and my dh loves---really loves--Le Cellier.
Both are great but I know that YS is two points while LC was only one point. I am wondering if they are going to raise LC to 2 points?

Cindy's Mom
07-02-2007, 01:05 PM
OP - I'm sure all these answers are really helping your decision :lmao: :lmao:

Let me add my 2 cents.....I've never eaten at any of them, (how's that for comfort), but this year, DH and I are dropping the kids off at the Cub's Den and having dinner at Concourse. BUT.....if we weren't on the DDP, I would TOTALLY go to Shula's, if you want a perfect steak, that's the place.

DH and I have been to the one in Miami Beach and its fab. Haven't been to the one in Chicago because we have a gem here called Gibson's Steakhouse and there's no need to try any other steakhouse here.

DisneyHolidayFan
07-02-2007, 03:14 PM
I have only eaten at LeCellier, but I sincerely hope it isn't the best steak on property. I thought the meal I had last September was low end steakhouse quality. If you're on the dining plan, it's nice that it's only one TS credit, but expect Sizzler quality (or maybe a little better--the theming is nice, though the tables are too close together.).

I sure wish they had Sizzler's in Illinois that the steak tasted like LeCellier's!!

madalex
07-02-2007, 04:32 PM
I'll add to the confusion by saying that the filet at Jiko is the best steak on property and that I have also had excellent steaks at Yachtsman, CG and Flying Fish.

I have been to Le Cellier a couple times and the steaks were fine, but I was not wowed by Le Cellier in the same manner that many others seem to be.

cryssi
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
we were also noticing that there are an awful lot of steakhouses at WDW...

anyway, DH went to Shulas and said it was great... :)

bevypoo63
07-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Since Shulas is a chain restaurant I would not want to use my time at Disney eating there, although the steaks are excellent. I have always enjoyed Le Cellier and Kona Cafe both have very good fillets and are true Disney Restaurants which I only have the opportunity to visit once a year while I am at WDW.

Tiffany
07-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Since Shulas is a chain restaurant I would not want to use my time at Disney eating there, although the steaks are excellent. I have always enjoyed Le Cellier and Kona Cafe both have very good fillets and are true Disney Restaurants which I only have the opportunity to visit once a year while I am at WDW.

Have you eaten at a Shula's before? It is a chain in the sense that there are more than one but there is not one here in Boston and eating there was amazing. Unless you happen to have a Shula's in your home area having dinner there is not a waste of time.

bevypoo63
07-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Have you eaten at a Shula's before? It is a chain in the sense that there are more than one but there is not one here in Boston and eating there was amazing. Unless you happen to have a Shula's in your home area having dinner there is not a waste of time.

Yes , I have eaten in one , as I said the steaks are excellent.But there are locations outside Disney. So I prefer to eat at WDW restaurants when I have a chance.

Peter Pirate 2
07-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah Shula's is a chain (but not a big one) but if you want a great steak and great choices there is virtually no other option at WDW.

The FF serves a GREAT NY Strip but it's charred, which turns off some folks and it's the only steak offering they have. Le Cellier is mediocre, CG has to have improved to be mediocre, The Jiko filet is very good as is the buffalo steak at Artist Point. Yachtsmans is OK but don't order the salad for goodness sake (:eek: ). Anything else, forgeddaboutit.

Shula's is the ONLY restaurant that serves Prime beef (from their own farm) on property. Other local choices are Ruths' Chris, Mortons or Capital Grille on I-Drive or (my choice) The Palm at The Hard Rock.
pirate:

amery
07-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Ok....

Get out of WDW or anywhere around it, Shula's or otherwise if you are even halfway serious about your steak.

Nothing against Shula's as I have eaten at 2 of them. There is something to be said about avoiding the 'chain' establishments although places such as Shula's and Smith & Wollensky's or clearly cuts above the rest.

So where I am sending you?

Grab you car, get to I-4, drive to Tampa, find Howard Ave and go to Bern's Steakhouse (about 70 minutes outside of the world). Aside from being compared to places such as Gibson's and The Chophouse in Chicago, this is argueably one of the best restaurants on the planet. They age their own beef, have many different cuts, offer wuite the education about each one and will galdly recommend a bottle of wine from their massive 150,000 bottle cellar on premise (that's about 10% of their total inventory).

Feel free to browse through their wine menu that boasts only 260 or so different bottles by the glass. When you are done dinner, ask for the kitchen tour then head upstairs for dessert and a 60+ page dessert menu.

I have been there 3x and would easily recommend this place to anyone traveling in the area that has a hankering for beef. If you are looking to enhance the cow with a crustacean, well they've got those too as well as a few other sea worthy creatures swimming about each of their 3 500 gallon tanks.

blerner1
07-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Shula's was really amazing when I went. Not only the Steak, but everything else, including the salad. Best salad I've ever had.

And I truly disliked the Cal Grille Steak..maybe I went on the wrong night...

shovan
07-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Yachtsman has good cuts of meat cooked properly. Jiko's filet over mac & cheese with that wine sauce is great. Kona also had very good steaks. Le Cellier has been disappointing.

madalex
07-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Grab you car, get to I-4, drive to Tampa, find Howard Ave and go to Bern's Steakhouse (about 70 minutes outside of the world).

I agree that Bern's is fabulous, but driving 2-1/2 hours round trip just for a steak seems a bit much.

bsbcgirl
07-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Have never eaten at Le Cellier or Concourse Steakhouse, but had dinner on Saturday, 6/30 for 5 people at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Very pricey, but steaks were delicious and service was wonderful. I had one of the best strip steaks ever, and DH had a great filet. We did not have appetizers or salads, since we all saved room for the outstanding desserts. Note that there is a "business casual" dress code.

D&R love Disney
07-03-2007, 12:25 PM
On Disney property, Shula's by far has the best steaks and you pay for them.

Other favorites are Jiko, Yachtsman (had our wedding reception there and are taking the kids in August) and the strip at Flying Fish is excellent too.

Brook1099
07-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Yachtsmen for the best cuts of meat its 2 TS
or Lecellier for 1 TS.has a good filet. Havent had steak at any of the other restaraunts mentioned, but I dont think you would go wrong wtih either.

thinkerbell
07-03-2007, 04:57 PM
OK, I think we have decided. We have discounted Le Cellier because so many have said it really isn't that good. We THINK we are going to go with Shula's. We don't have one in our area and don't know where one is close to us. Does anyone know what the dress code is? We aren't really dressy dressy people.

sandybobandy
07-03-2007, 05:01 PM
I think Shula's is a wonderful decision. :) (and I'll also say we thought Le Cellier did not meet the expectations we had from the chatter on this board. We're not *mad* we went, it just wasn't what we thought it would be)

As far as I understand, Shula's is business causal. No shorts, flip flops, tank tops. Khakis and a polo or skirt with nice top should be sufficient.

Have fun!!

blerner1
07-03-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm not either. It's business casual, or at least that's what we wore. Just look presentable and you'll be fine. ENJOY!

Peter Pirate 2
07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Shorts are fine but a nice collared (polo) shirt for the men will probably be best, tennis shoes are OK as are flip flops, for the ladies at least.
pirate:

thinkerbell
07-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Oh good!! We can do the collared shirts but we will definitely be in shorts.
Thanks for all of your help!! We really never would have considered Shula's before this. We have seen it when we walked by but have never really entertained the thought of eating there.

HOGFAN
07-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Le Cellier