PDA

View Full Version : Turf Club for dinner and still stuffed....

Luv2Roam
06-30-2007, 08:37 PM
06/30/07
2 adults
DDE discount

We dined at the SS Turf Club around a month ago for dinner and it was scrumptious. :goodvibes

Last minute ADRs. I called at 4:15 and made an ADR for 5 p.m. I had PLENTY of times to select from. I was told the Turf Club opens for dinner at 5:00.

Upon arrival (about 10 minutes early) we found they were open and serving lunch. (Just a little info for anyone still wanting a LATE lunch. ;) )

We asked for the dinner menu, as it was 5:00 when we were deciding what we wanted. DH wanted a particular dinner dish he was eyeing on our last meal at there.

Like our previous meal, we ordered Blackberry Lemonades to drink. Good. But I recall them being better last time. :confused3

I ordered an Angus Chuck Cheeseburger - topped with cheddar cheese, applewood smoked bacon. This comes with a choice of fries or slaw. I chose the slaw. The server warned me it was not a mayonnaise type slaw. (Which is fine with me.) I also ordered a side of the Turf Potatoes.

DH ordered lamb chops with gouda risotta in a dijon mustard sauce, with mint.

We were served a few slices of warm bread and triangular cut butter on a bread board. Bread was very good and fresh, like before.

The place was almost empty. Anyone needing a last minute ADR or possibly a walk up meal at 5:00 might want to consider the Turf Club.

We rec'd our food. My burger was delicious. :wizard: It had an off the grill flavor to it. The bacon was very good, as was the slaw, and the potatoes.

DH fell in :love: with his food. I heard I don't know how many times this evening how good his food was. I think he even liked it better than the steak he had last time -- and that says a lot because he raved all evening about that too that night.
He says it is the sauce that makes those two dishes.
:woohoo:
Last time he even raved about the Turf Potatoes. I was hoping he would help me eat the side of potatoes I ordered. He ate one bite (after finishing his food) and said why eat that after what I just had?
It did not look like he had an LARGE portion of food. (Looked just right.) He said there was more there than it looked and was plenty full.

I did not nearly finish my meal. DH finished his.

I think we were in and out of there in under an hour and did not feel rushed at all.

Like the last meal, we both could tell it was high in salt. We have been drinking liquids all evening and I still need more. :drinking1

At our last meal at the Turf Club our waitress automatically brought us refills of the lemonade.
This time the waiter asked if we wanted refills and mentioned they were not free refills. (I passed and went with water knowing I was going to be thirsty anyway from the salt.)
But was surprised (or maybe not :rotfl2: ) at the inconsistency between refills of the lemonade. :confused3 So that is a 50/50 chance I guess.

Minniespal
07-01-2007, 04:16 AM
Excellent review ~ Thanx for sharing.

TigerKat
07-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the review - sounds great!:thumbsup2

wilma-bride
07-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Excellent review - thanks. Could you describe the turf potatoes please?

Luv2Roam
07-02-2007, 04:48 PM
The potatoes this time (due to being a side I suppose) was kind of odd looking really -- for potatoes.
They are sliced thin to medium, what I am sure is pan fried, with lots of cheese and some seasoning. But the side I rec'd was in a mound. It almost looked like they had been scooped out with a big scooper. :confused3 But they weren't. Just different looking... Tasted fine. But I had so much food anyway I did not eat half of them.
My regular plate included slaw -- and LOTS of it. Between that and a large burger....

Schucraig
07-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Great review!:thumbsup2

aubriee
07-03-2007, 08:45 AM
I ate at the Turf Club this past May on the DDP. I too ordered the blackberry lemonade and the waiter made a point of telling me as soon as I ordered it that refills were not included. I had the calamari for an appetizer, steak with crab topping for an entree, and managed to take a couple of bites of the hot apple pie with ice cream that I had ordered for dessert. I had dinner around 6:00 and they weren't too busy then either. Food and service was outstanding though.

FYI: for anyone interested this was a great deal on the DDP. My bill would have been $52.24.

m-i-c-cakeywhy
07-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi. I've been reading a lot of different reviews but I don't think I've ever seen the Turf Club...where is this????

:confused3

Luv2Roam
07-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Saratoga Springs.
And this is actually a great location.
The Turf Club is near the boat docks that take guests to and from DTD. Anyone who wants could have a nice dinner and go shopping, to a movie, or PI afterwards.
We drive and just park on the backside. It is a very short walk to the Turf Club.

We really liked the lemonades on our first visit. Not to say they were not good the second time. But the second time it was more apparent they were probably made from a Minute Maid concentrate with some blackberry juice thrown in.
Although DH said his second that night was better than the first we were served.

Just a difference in the servers from one time to another. One obviously went over and above by automatically bringing fresh drinks when she saw our glasses nearly empty.
The other offered, but at least warned us we would be charged for refills.

Now a nice mint leaf in the glass would have been a very good addition...
hmmmm something that could be done at home.... :rolleyes1 :love:

DISNEYNY
07-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the review. I just booked the Turf Club for our upcoming August trip. I was wondering...does anyone know if they charge you for refills of the lemonade even if you are on the dining plan? I guess it really doesn't matter, but I have never paid for refills before. Thanks