PDA

View Full Version : Ohana Dinner Review

Tink135
06-30-2007, 03:49 PM
My family and I just recently went to Ohana's. We loved it. It wasn't our first time there, but we still loved it. Possibly a little more. We love how it's a family style meal. And that they have a little entertainment while you're eating. Now we decided that every time we visit Disney we will have to make reservations at Ohana's.

Spring '05- CBR:) Winter '05- POR :santa: Winter '06- AKL:cool2: Spring '07-0 Poly;) (upcoming) Summer '07- BW:yay:

Minniespal
07-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Excellent ~ Thanx for sharing.

lynn46356
07-01-2007, 07:47 AM
We ate there this past February and we loved it too. In fact, we were just talking about it last night. Little does my DH and DS9 know but I've booked a return trip to WDW next February! We'll get to go there again and I can't wait. Thanks for sharing!

Lynn

Elisa
07-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Goodness Gracious Minniespal, 39,457 posts??????? WOW!!!!!!!!

I Believe n Fairies
07-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for posting a GOOD review on Ohana's!! Most of what I've read lately has not been good. DH and I will eat there next month. I've almost changed the ADR several times, but I'm keeping it.

Thanks again!!
I Believe n Fairies (with only a 180 post count...:rotfl: )

Tink3Belle
07-03-2007, 05:02 PM
I am so glad I have reservations for August. Can't wait to try something new.
(New to me):banana:

Schucraig
07-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the review!:thumbsup2

carolinacamper
07-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the review and increasing our excitement level. We will be dining at Ohana for the 1st time in Nov. It looked like a great place for our family.

ont/ohana
07-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the review!! I just wanted to go for party, but now I'm really looking forward to the food!!:cheer2:

Mousermom
07-03-2007, 11:39 PM
My DH, DS, and I love "Ohana. It's been our tradition that we eat there the first night of our trip. Can't wait to go back next May!

dmonroe
07-04-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm glad to see some positive reviews. We haven't eaten there since 2004--before the menu change. We have ADRs for our next trip, and I was getting a little worried about all of the negative reviews I've been reading.

Disney owl
07-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Great news we are going for our 1st time in August

cdrn1
07-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Sorry to get OT, but dmonroe, that picture is soooo precious. Where was it taken?

dmonroe
07-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks! It was taken at DTD right outside of Pooh Corner (or whatever the name of the Pooh store is! LOL)

Creekermom
07-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Question, does the Ohana only serve Breakfast?

I really would like to do a dinner there?

Thanks so much for your expertise and disney wisdom!

Valerie~

SplashMountainMama
07-06-2007, 02:49 PM

Valerie~

We went for dinner at 'Ohana during our last visit and we still list it as one of our favourite meals of all time. There aren't characters like at the breakfast, but there are games and activities to keep the kids busy and the food was fantastic. We never went when it was the old menu so we had nothing to compare it with and that seems to be the only negative comments you hear from others. I just can't say enough about how much we loved it. Can't wait to go back. It's the one restaurant that we will absolutely go back to on our next visit.

dmonroe
07-06-2007, 03:22 PM
They do serve dinner. That's what we're having when we go in Oct. HTH!

Tink135
07-06-2007, 03:35 PM

Valerie~

Ohanna does breakfast and Dinner. But they don't do lunch.

PracPerfPatricia
07-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm glad to hear such positive things about Ohana's -we have a breakfast and a dinner ressie there (we're staying at the Poly) and the dinner wasn't easy to get either (8:20-which is much later than our kids eat but for one night and since we can walk "home" we thought it would be ok...:cool1:

wideeyes
07-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Sounds great, nice to hear you liked it, I can't wait to go here in september, not long to go!

memomuffin
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi there,
I know I want to eat at one of these two spots for dinner but can't decide which one to choose? Has anyone gone to both and prefer one over the other? Is there something 'fun' about one and not the other? Any advice would be much appreciated b/c I'm going crazy over trying to get all of my ressies in order!
THanks!!

LoveTheWDWMagic
08-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I am glad you enjoyed O'hana. We also ate there recently and loved it. Our favorites were the bread, shrimp and wings for appetizers. The steak and pork were very good too. :banana: ;)

LoveTheWDWMagic
08-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Hi there,
I know I want to eat at one of these two spots for dinner but can't decide which one to choose? Has anyone gone to both and prefer one over the other? Is there something 'fun' about one and not the other? Any advice would be much appreciated b/c I'm going crazy over trying to get all of my ressies in order!
THanks!!

We've eaten at both Kona and O'hana. If you have kids, I would suggest O'hana. They have a guy playing the ukelele ( excuse the spelling ) and he asks the kids to come up and do the hula, roll coconuts around the restaurant and do the limbo dance. We are going to WDW again next summer and O'hana is one of the restaurant we are returning to.