PDA

View Full Version : Am I understanding this correctly??

smylie1
06-30-2007, 09:26 AM
I booked our room for January 2008. I just read somewhere that when the packages come out my reservation will be cancelled. What? Everyone says to make reservations ASAP, what's the point if it's going to be cancelled? How does that work? We're staying in a ASMu family suite (with a building request!) What if the packages come out a day or two before I realize it and all the suites are gone when I call? Am I just SOL? That doesn't seem right. Surely I've misunderstood something.

QueenGoblin
06-30-2007, 09:36 AM
We are in the same boat as you, traveling in January and we made a room only ressie. My understanding is that placing a reservation at the 2007 rate holds that room for you until you rebook at the 2008 rate. Not quite sure how all the hocus pocus works, someone else might jump in to explain it better, but you don't have to worry about your reserved room being snatched away becasue you are a couple of days late realizing the 2008 have been released. But because the rate will no longer be right, your existing reservation will at some point need to be changed to reflect 2008 rates...clear as mud? Don't panic :goodvibes

smylie1
06-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Ok. I'm smilin' agiain. Seems like a lot of hassel for everyone involved, but hey, whatever works for them. I'm just glad my room will be held until I update. Thanks for such a quick response. I was stressin' ! :scared1:

magicaldisney
06-30-2007, 10:06 AM
You use the word "package", so I'm going to see if I understand you.....

First, no room reservations are ever just cancelled.

Did you make a room only reservation now, thinking that when the packages come out they would just switch that room reservation to a package deal? If so, it doesn't work that way. Yes, at that point if you would rather have the package they will cancel your room only ressie and start all over to the package ressie. I do this every year.....not to secure a room for a discount (because as I said it doesn't work that way), but to have a reservation in case a package deal or room only discount doesn't come out, you have a room. Discounts are not always guaranteed.

Now, just because you have a room does not mean you automatically get any package deals. They have a certain number of rooms they can offer the deals to. Let's say for the sake of arguement it's 100 rooms. If the deals come out and that very same day 100 people call and grab up all of those deals and you call a couple days later, you will not get the deal. You will still have your ressie, but just because you have a room already does not mean it is one of those 100.

Hope this makes a little sense. :confused3

smylie1
06-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Ok, I get it now. I'm no seasoned Disney veteran. I didn't know anything about packages, release dates, none of that. When we went this past Jan., we decided to go in October so everything was already right there on the website.

When I booked the room for our next trip, I asked about tickets and she said I'd have to wait. I'm not necessarily waiting on a discount package (though I'll be THRILLED if it works out that way). I thought that when the prices for 2008 were released, I would simply call and the cost of the tickets and DP would be added to the total price of the room I'm paying on. Which I guess basically that's what it boils down to. That word "cancel" just threw me.

I'm glad you gave me the "100 room" scenerio. I've heard they don't offer deals on the family suites, but I'll keep a very close eye out for the new packages in case they do.

Thanks for all your help!

magicaldisney
06-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Your welcome. Have a wonderful trip!! :goodvibes