PDA

View Full Version : Which buffet has the peel and eat shrimp??

SeaSpray
06-30-2007, 08:41 AM
We did a lot of character buffets on our 2001 trip and haven't really done many since. However, DH would now like to go back to one, and he thought that Chef Mickey's had the peel and eat shrimp, but now I'm not seeing it on the menu. I see that Crystal Palace lists it on their menu. Any other buffets offer it??

Thanks! :)

P.S. We'll only have access to the MK on this particular day, or of course to the resort restaurants, but we want to stay near the MK/monorail resorts.

John's Mom
06-30-2007, 08:55 AM
The Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

sjms71
06-30-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm pretty sure both CP and Chef Mickey's has peel and eat shrimp.

DisneyMama629
06-30-2007, 08:57 AM
We had peel and eat shrimp at CP last year. It was delicious!

klinlin
06-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Cape May is correct. Sorry its not near MK.

When are you going? I always look forward to your posts!

SeaSpray
06-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the replies so far. Hmm... does anyone else remember seeing/having shrimp at Chef Mickey's? If they have it, then that'd be our first choice. I was just looking at the menu for Cape May and I know my DH would love it, so I'll run that past him. As for me, I really don't have a preference although it'll be much easier for us, transportation wise, to stay in the MK/monorail area for dinner.

klinlin: We'll be there 4 weeks from now! I can't wait. :hourglass

SeaSpray
06-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Well my DH was insisting that he remembers the shrimp at CM so I called Disney Dining just now and she confirmed that they DO have peel and eat shrimp there. lol I still want to show the menu from Cape May to my DH, and I'll let him decide.

Thanks everyone! :)

disnut1149
06-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi Seaspray,
Glad to see you back posting again! I was also wondering about shrimp at Chef Mickeys. We've never been there for dinner and have an ADR in August and I haven't seen very good reviews about it. I was thinking of changing it. I don't eat any meat, but will eat seafood, so having shrimp would be great. I hope someone knows this and also if it's worth keeping my ADR.:goodvibes Also, I enjoyed reading your vacation reports.

SeaSpray
06-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi Seaspray,
Glad to see you back posting again! I was also wondering about shrimp at Chef Mickeys. We've never been there for dinner and have an ADR in August and I haven't seen very good reviews about it. I was thinking of changing it. I don't eat any meat, but will eat seafood, so having shrimp would be great. I hope someone knows this and also if it's worth keeping my ADR.:goodvibes Also, I enjoyed reading your vacation reports.

Hi! :wave2:

I didn't know that Chef Mickey's has been getting bad reviews lately... :scratchin I'll have to look into that. However, we don't often make our decisions based on a few reviews, but when a restaurant gets continued unanimous bad reviews, then we take warning (such as Tony's Town Square, food other than burgers, fries, and shakes at Sci-Fi, etc. LOL).

I think that since my DH really wants to go back to Chef Mickey's, and they do have the peel and eat shrimp (he's gonna be all shrimped out because the night before CM, we'll be having dinner at 'Ohana which also has shrimp. lol), we'll probably just go and see for ourselves how good or bad it is. I will definitely post a review when I get back!

And that reminds me, I never did post my restaurant reviews from my trip last month. Maybe I should do that this weekend... lol

SGMCO
06-30-2007, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=SeaSpray;19479926]Hi! :wave2:

I didn't know that Chef Mickey's has been getting bad reviews lately... :scratchin I'll have to look into that. However, we don't often make our decisions based on a few reviews, but when a restaurant gets continued unanimous bad reviews, then we take warning (such as Tony's Town Square, food other than burgers, fries, and shakes at Sci-Fi, etc. LOL).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We will be going to Tony's Town Square because my DS just has to eat
there (always wanted to) and have read all of the negitives and hoping
if we stick with the Pizza or something simple maybe it won't be so bad.
We also have adrs for CM and I've also been starting to worry about
eating there also. Hoping for the Best at all of our adrs. Also going to Cape May and will be trying the Shrimp and the Catch of the Day, (not a big clam or mussels fan). At least we will be there and have FREE Dining and I won't be as disappointed if the food is not as good as I would expect. :)

Tink2312
06-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Am I right in thinking Trail's End also has the peel and eat shrimp? :confused3

2piratesand1princess
06-30-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm pretty sure that 1900 Park Fare buffet had peel & eat shrimp...I also think that Hollywood & Vine does as well.

2piratesand1princess
06-30-2007, 10:56 AM
oops sorry, just re-read your question..I guess the Grand Floridian isn't too far from MK (1900 Park Fare)

SeaSpray
06-30-2007, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=SeaSpray;19479926]Hi! :wave2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We will be going to Tony's Town Square because my DS just has to eat
there (always wanted to) and have read all of the negitives and hoping
if we stick with the Pizza or something simple maybe it won't be so bad.
We also have adrs for CM and I've also been starting to worry about
eating there also. Hoping for the Best at all of our adrs. Also going to Cape May and will be trying the Shrimp and the Catch of the Day, (not a big clam or mussels fan). At least we will be there and have FREE Dining and I won't be as disappointed if the food is not as good as I would expect. :)

At first I was afraid to try Sci-Fi but then decided that we'd try it, and stick to the "safe" things such as burgers, fries, and shakes. We were very happy that we decided to try that restaurant because we had a lot of fun, had good service, and our burgers, fries, and shakes were great!! lol I would definitely go back there again.

I think you're smart to try a restaurant that you really want to try because I think that even at the restaurants with a bad reputation, there are dishes there that will be good. I hope you have a good experience at Tony's :)

SeaSpray
06-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure that 1900 Park Fare buffet had peel & eat shrimp...I also think that Hollywood & Vine does as well.

Thanks, I saw that they have shrimp with their dinner buffet, and we've had dinner there before, back in 2001 when dinner was the "Villain's Dinner". We LOVED it. We will consider 1900 Park Faire if we can't get Chef Mickey's. :)

car_doctor
06-30-2007, 12:12 PM
i do belive they all do.

here is what each place has if you want to check it out it will gie you an idea on where you will want to eat at

http://allearsnet.com/din/buffet.htm

i know it was very helpfull for my family when we went

slimplaw
06-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Trail's End at Fort Wilderness did have shrimp the last time we ate there. the buffet there is only about $17 for adults. You could ride the boat to Fort Wilderness from MK.

klinlin
06-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Hi! :wave2:

And that reminds me, I never did post my restaurant reviews from my trip last month. Maybe I should do that this weekend... lol

Please do! You post the best pictures!:surfweb: