PDA

View Full Version : My Backpack

MissDisney121
06-29-2007, 05:14 PM
So I got this backpack for my upcoming trip in August and It has these two big magnets in it where the pink circles are in the picture.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/care_bear_girl121/boulder2.jpg (Sorry the pic is so small)
I have heard stories about the magnets in peoples things deactivating their key to the world or their camera card and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to protect my stuff from the magnets in my new backpack.:confused:

lucky1
06-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Not sure about cell phones or camera memory cards, but I know that my MIL's "key to the world" kept becoming deactivated while on a WDW vacation. Finally figured out that her backpack had magnetic closures. The resort gave her a protective stockcard cover to put the "KTTW" in but it did not seem to help. She finally gave up the backpack and used a fannypack for the rest of the trip.

Sorry I don't have a good way to avoid this.

alloyd1170
06-30-2007, 08:11 AM
My backpack had one little magnet. Others said it wasnt a problem on my model. I wasnt taking any chances, so I carefully cut it out and used velcro to cover the hole. Works just fine now.

MissDisney121
07-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I like that velcro idea but I don't want to ruin my backpack. does anyone know if my stuff would be safe if I just kept them in cases like my camera in my camera case and my key to the world in my wallet.