PDA

View Full Version : Need info on my time of visit

EMcCool419
06-29-2007, 09:02 AM
My family usually go twice a year during feb.-march and oct.-nov. but we decided to go this time at the end of september and i just wanted to know if this is a good time to visit. We always seem to run into the cheerleading comp. and we were trying to avoid that.Any info bout crowds and events would be nice.pirate:

Bob P
06-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi,

In general, September is about as empty as you will ever see WDW.

JohnnyB2
06-29-2007, 12:18 PM
You have picked a great time to go.Low attendance(kids back in school) and great weather.:thumbsup2
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Unregistered
06-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Sept is the best time of year to go !!!!
I have gone the past 4 years in Spet and it's the BEST

JeanfromBNA
06-29-2007, 07:10 PM
We went in late September, 2005, and most rides were walk-ons. We had no ADRs (didn't know about them then!), but didn't experience too much of a wait. The weather is quite warm and humid, but there were no cheerleading groups, busses disgorging hundreds of students on school trips, or other semi-organized large group gatherings.

We're going back late September/October this year, and are hoping for the same! :thumbsup2

zanzibar138
06-30-2007, 11:15 PM
I also was considering going in September (for my birthday!), but I heard that it was the end of hurricane season so it would likely be raining and awful weather. Sounds like I have been misinformed... I might have to reconsider September.

The other option was early December. I've heard that this is also a quiet time of year, and wouldn't have much rain. I'm also going to New York while I'm in America and am very excited about the prospect of seeing real live snow! Would you say that this is also a good time of year for Disney World, or would I be better off forfeiting the snow and going in September?

Lana

addicted2dizney
07-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Sept is a great time to go all the way around. There is not likely any cheer events going on. Schools are just getting started and All Star gyms usually don't start their competition circuit until November and then it runs usually until the first week of May. (3rd week in April being the last one on or near WDW with the Cheerleading Worlds!). You can run the chance of seeing cheer groups there any given weekend during that time period more and more competition companies run their events in Orlando due to the great weather and things for the kids and families to do. There's practically a big competition there once to twice a month! Hope this helps!

JeanfromBNA
07-01-2007, 03:30 PM
September is one of the more active months for hurricane formation in the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico that will affect the U.S. Whether a hurricane will hit during the time that you're there is a statistical guessing game. It's not that the weather is rainy and awful all month. Florida residents can speak more to hurricane conditions and how long that they last.

addicted2dizney
07-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Yes, good point as to the weather! My comment just was directed at the "cheer factor!" lol.. But there is always the risk of a hurricane that time of year.

myladyisatramp
07-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Most cheerleading comps aren't until the winter. Pop Warner is beginning of dec and most allstars are scattered but usually don't start till at least dec.
So it should be fine.