PDA

View Full Version : Will Teppanyaki be the same when it reopens?

mypalstitch
06-28-2007, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know if they are keeping it as a "Benihana" style restaurant, or are they making it more of a sushi type place? I have ADR's for Sept. and my family is not into sushi, but they would love the cook in front of you style food. Sorry, don't know exact term for that style of cooking. Any info would be most helpful, Thanks! :goodvibes

TinkerbEllnor
06-28-2007, 02:35 PM
When I made my ADRs for our September trip about a month ago, I asked the CM on the phone about the refurb and the changes planned. She said that the style of the restaurant was not changing. I was concerned that they were switching over to private tables and kitchen-cooking (part of the appeal for us was to see the chef in action), but she assured me that was not the case. She also said that there may be *some* changes to the menu, but would be mostly the same, and couldn't elaborate any further than that.

hth

stitch and co
06-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Made an ADR today for Teppenyaki, the name is to be changed to Teppanedo per the CM I spoke with this morning. Cooking style will stay the same and that there will be some changes to the menu. Thats all the information he had.

JCornell
07-15-2007, 08:54 AM
From this week's Mousesavers newsletter:
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Restaurant, Matsu No Ma Lounge and Tempura Kiku (Epcot) closed through 8/20/07 for refurbishment. On reopening, the space will host a teppanyaki restaurant (Teppan Edo) and a sushi restaurant (Tokyo Dining).

I don't have much more info and that's actually what I'm looking into. I'm curious about the sushi restaurant and if it'll be on the DDP.