PDA

View Full Version : DTD restaurants vs Citywalk

Alltiggeredout
06-28-2007, 07:54 AM
I have a couple of slots to fill in my itinerary for christmas,and was wondering which area you thought had the best restaurants.So far we have only eaten at Rainforest Cafe at DTD and Nascar at Citywalk,but we would like to try the following.
DTD
Raglan Road,House of Blues,Bongo's,and Planet Hollywood.
Citywalk
Hard Rock,Jimmy Buffets,Bob Marleys
We are staying onsite so the pluses for DTD are the transportation(so i don't have to drive)and its nearer.
What do you think?

scanne
06-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Well, I personally did NOT care for Bongo's. But, DH ate at Jimmy Buffets and it is awesome!

If you're sticking with DD, I'd go with Raglan Road. Planet Hollywood is very typical...burgers, pasta, pizza - it's just ok. I think House of Blues gets lots of good reviews.

But I'd go with Raglan Road or Jimmy Buffets.

webray
06-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Raglan road we love, House of Bluesd has always been good for us and we also love Bongo's. Planet Hollywood has not been very good the last couple times we have been there so we are giving that one a break for a while.

At City Walk...we too really enjoyed NBA City. Margaritaville, we have been many times, but we usually stick to appetizers and soup, food is just ok.
Bob Marley's..again we have just have had appetizers and they are fantastic.
Don't forget there is also Bubba Gump and the Latin Quarter..we have enjoyed both.

Over at Royal Pacific the buffet is quite nice for dinner. We also enjoy Tchoup Chop over there.
Definately lots of great options in the Universal area!

MickeyNicki
06-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I think Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock are the same food wise and decor wise. I love House of Blues.

We like to stick with DTD....

MrsMud
06-28-2007, 11:24 AM
We personally prefer the Citywalk restaurants. There are a lot to choose from, and the atmosphere at Citywalk is just so relaxing and so different from DTD, IMO. Margaritaville is our absolute favorite restaurant in Orlando as far as atmosphere. We have never been to Bob Marley's, though I have often wanted to go. It seems like more of a club than a restaurant to me, and I wasn't sure how it would be for the kids.
Regarding Hard Rock Cafe vs. Planet Hollywood, we have have been to HRC several times and PH just once. The theming is very similar, but the food is much better at HRC (again, just my opinion. Maybe we just had a bad experience). If it is a matter of transportation, though, do whatever works best for you.

Alltiggeredout
06-28-2007, 02:38 PM
We want to go to both areas so Raglan,and Margaritaville sound like good options.

PlutoLuvr
06-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Tough call! DH & I much prefer the restaurants/shopping/atmosphere at CW over DTD, but the transpo at WDW staying onsite is a big convenience factor.

FWIW, our favorites are the back patio at O'Brian's in CW for dinner and a hurricane (take a cab back to WDW after one of those puppies); Bubba Gumps (they do not take ressies, but they give you a beeper that goes pretty far through CW); NBA City (their signature ribs & pasta); and Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific Hotel there at Universal.