PDA

View Full Version : hoop dee doo review or mickeys barbieQ?

momtothree3
06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Does anyone have an opinion or can tell me about either? I am trying to decide if these would be fun for a 11, 8, and 6 year olds? any info would be helpful. Thanks Chris:dance3:

mandy200587
06-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Hoop De Doo. I go every year to it and this year we actually had someone in the audience that made the actors mess up on stage.

momtothree3
06-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. Can you tell me more about it. How long, what they serve and are there any characters? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks again Chris:cheer2:

mandy200587
06-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. Can you tell me more about it. How long, what they serve and are there any characters? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks again Chris:cheer2:

They serve:
salad
cornbread
fried chicken
mashed potatoes
baked beans
ribs
strawberry shortcake

All this is brought to your table and you can always ask for more.

We do the 5 show and we're about at 7 I believe.

There are no characters, it's more of a dinner show.

Here are two videos I filmed from the show about two years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khq7zoV91Vo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-FofgXTLg8

If you have anymore questions, I'll try and answer them.

DonaldTDuck
06-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Not to forget, all the beer(Bud Light) wine and soda you care for. Shows are at 5, 7:15 and 9:30, so just under two hours. There's singin, dancin, and cornball jokes. Of course, purty gals and handsome fellers. And they have a lot of audience participation. For me it's a must do.

Anna114
06-28-2007, 01:56 AM
I've never attended Mickey's Backyard BBQ but I have gone to the HDDR. It's really a great time. It does get rather costly. I also believe, I could be wrong, but I think the earlier you make you ressies the better chance of being on the floor. On my honeymoon I was up in the cheap seats (jk in the balcony) I made my ressies very early the last time and we were very close to the stage. It was much more interactive and I think your kids would have an even better time.

mandy200587
06-28-2007, 11:05 AM
The seating is in tiers now. Tiers 2 and 3 are with the DDP and the very back of the floor, and the whole top section. Tier 1 is the floor.

momof2beautys
06-28-2007, 01:07 PM
My family will be going to Disney this September and we decided to try the BBQ rather than the HDDR. Having free dining, we could only be seated in tiers 2 and 3, and when I called, all that was left was tier 3. This meant that we were upstairs in the balcony, which I was alright with, but that some of the people in our family would have to sit with our backs to the stage while we were eating. :confused: This did not sound like a very good time to me. We chose to do the BBQ because our girls, 5 and 7, would love to be able to get up and dance with the characters rather than sit and watch a show which they may or may not find funny. The BBQ is a buffet that has barbeque ribs, baked chicken, hot dogs, corn-on-the-cob, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, corn bread, watermelon and marble cake. Unlimited draft beer, wine, lemonade, and iced tea is also included. They have a country band playing, and a guy that does rope tricks. Then they have everyone join in and do some line dancing with the characters. :tiptoe: It sounds like a really good time to us and we are going to try it. I'll let you know what we think!