PDA

View Full Version : Disney in the summer....hat?

MomOf2DisneyKids
06-27-2007, 09:31 PM
So, if you go in June/July/August, do you wear a hat? Baseball cap? Big floppy garden hat? Visor? I don't love hats...because I look dorky in them... :rotfl: but last trip, I got a sunburn on my head (where my hair part was). Owwie! Thinkin' I need a hat. What's the hat-style these days? :teeth:

BernardandMissBianca
06-27-2007, 09:52 PM
can't help you there, I wear a visor. I would try a big floppy hat, it will keep the sun off your face, head and neck. I feel your pain too that is where I always get burned! I have dark hair too so it just draws the sun to it.

Can you try the new continuous spray sunblock??

hopemax
06-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Yep, I definetly wear a hat. I have a Tinkerbell bucket style hat I bought at the park. And on the last trip I got a woven straw hat with a Mickey on the front because I forgot the Tink hat.

rlovew
06-28-2007, 04:34 AM
I always were my princess ballcap hat when at disney but a bigger hat would protect you neck and face better.

Rebecca

party of 3
06-28-2007, 06:04 AM
Momof2, i feel your pain. I look like such a dork in a hat and i always wear one at disney. but, it makes my head itchy, my hair flat, dorky looking...... so this year i bought a couple of visors. not sure how they will work, but i'm gonna give it a try! and after the 1st day if i don't think it's working i'll buy some kind of hat there.
good luck!

ddavis860
06-28-2007, 06:53 AM
I always wear visors...all summer on the boat/beach, and when we go to parks. The hat makes my head hot, but I need to get the sun off my face. I wear a ponytail, so no part prob for me. My prob is the visors and hats make my bangs crazy, either flat to my forehead, or if I try to clip them back, I look like Cameron Diaz in "There's Something about Mary"...not pretty...

party of 3
06-28-2007, 07:22 AM
I always wear visors...all summer on the boat/beach, and when we go to parks. The hat makes my head hot, but I need to get the sun off my face. I wear a ponytail, so no part prob for me. My prob is the visors and hats make my bangs crazy, either flat to my forehead, or if I try to clip them back, I look like Cameron Diaz in "There's Something about Mary"...not pretty...

yup, crazy flat disney bangs......got 'em! that's the worst part about a hat!:rotfl:

Faerie
06-28-2007, 07:39 AM
I love my Red Sox visor :D That and spray sunscreen on my scalp since I like my hair in pigtails.

piratesmate
06-28-2007, 08:03 AM
On our first trip with the kids, I got a big straw hat with a wide brim at the POTC shop because I burn so easily. Bulky or not, I carried it back down the next time. ;) I'm definitely of the "I'll never see these people again so what do I care how I look" persuasion. :lmao:

It's quite dippy - ties under the chin, etc - but definitely not as bad as those Goofy hats people buy (and worse...WEAR!!) Anyway, it sure helps with both the heat & sunburn! I just whip it off for pictures & because it's loose enough it doesn't leave me with "helmet hair". ;)

MyLittlePiglet
06-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Definatly a visor gal (but only when I have to) I have glasses so it is difficult to change glasses to sun glasses back and forth so visor is good for keeping the sun out of my eyes. I am not so worried about off my face I just bath in sunscreen. Parts sometimes become problem but I try to move my part around. can I tell you how many times I accidently went into an attraction or ride with the wrong glasses on and could not see a thing!!!

PrincessNancy96
06-28-2007, 09:57 AM
So, if you go in June/July/August, do you wear a hat? Baseball cap? Big floppy garden hat? Visor? I don't love hats...because I look dorky in them... :rotfl: but last trip, I got a sunburn on my head (where my hair part was). Owwie! Thinkin' I need a hat. What's the hat-style these days? :teeth:

in '05 I wore a baseball camp and pulled my ponytail out the back.. it wasn't a major fashion statement...but being light skin and blonde, blue eyes.. the sun targets me! :rotfl2:
As long as you are having fun w/ the kids... (and DH) that is all that matters!!!
Now, I also have transition lens on my glasses.. so the kids yell "glasses" before pictures so I don't look like some diva that thinks she is all that!

piratesmate
06-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Definatly a visor gal (but only when I have to) I have glasses so it is difficult to change glasses to sun glasses back and forth so visor is good for keeping the sun out of my eyes. I am not so worried about off my face I just bath in sunscreen. Parts sometimes become problem but I try to move my part around. can I tell you how many times I accidently went into an attraction or ride with the wrong glasses on and could not see a thing!!!

Again - I'm not worried about the "dork factor" :3dglasses so I just use flip-up sunglasses on my glasses. That way I can always see when I get inside! ;) DH on the other hand has an old Rx that he got coated & uses those...but they he's not blind as a bat w/o them & can do in a pinch...unlike me!

I'm a blue-eyed red-head so I need all the help I can get! Even with SPF45 I'll burn pretty quickly!

And I have transition lenses too. In fact, I've had lenses that darkened since the days of PhotoGray & love them! These don't darken enough for me though so I still use sunglasses that attach to the frames.

Mickster
06-28-2007, 11:24 AM
:rotfl: I have a Mickey baseball hat that I wear with a ponytail out the back. (Actually I wear it a lot). I have never been one to worry about being fashionable - I think it is too late for that!! But it keeps the sun out of my eyes. It also does make my hair flat, but since it is usually crazy curly, I like it that way! :rotfl: I once wore a floppy hat and I didn't like that one at all. My DD kept pulling it off my head (she was only 14 months old though...) and it didn't keep rain out of my eyes. Weird, I know.