PDA

View Full Version : Are there any perks with the Disney Visa??

faberj
06-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I got a pre-approval letter in the mail and called to do the apply over the phone. I was wondering what kind of perks you get with it, if any.

Thanks!

4theloveofdisney
06-27-2007, 06:46 PM
There are a few.

1) For every one hundred dollars you spend you earn a point. Each point is equal to one dollar. To redeem your points you simply have to call or go online and order a card and transfer your points/dollars. Fairly simple but not the best reward plan out there.

2) From time to time there have been offers where you can book special packages from Disney before the offer is open to the general public.

3) You receive a discount off of merchandise from time to time at certain stores.

4) You receive offers for bonus points from time to time as well.

5) Sometimes there are offers for tickets to shows like Disney on Ice, offers for merchandise or collectables and so on.

indigoxtreme
06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Special Character meet and greet at Epcot and free 5 x 7 picture.

Several Tours are discounted in the parks and some of the stores will give you a discount.

Also pay for your trip with card and interest is delayed on that portion for a few months (6 I believe)
All in all I love my Disney card.

The extra points you get 1 for each 100 or more during specials, We alsways get some thing for the family. It is good at many places.

All of this can be found here http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/

gottalluvmickey
06-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I can't wait for the meet n' greet at Epcot...the extra money from the points is what I give to my daughter to spend. :)

Ariel07
06-30-2007, 06:56 PM
I just received my Disney Visa in the mail today and I just love it - so cute :mickeyjum - but I too was wondering about the benefits. I guess I'll check on-line.

Question though...how do you know which stores offer a discount with it? Do you just ask everytime you purchase something?

GenieCat
07-01-2007, 02:53 PM
I was disappointed to learn that they took away the Disney Visa card holder discount for the halloween party that was offered last year.

amanDUHx9
07-01-2007, 08:18 PM
there are also pins sold exclusively to disney visa cardholders, one available all year and an LE one for each season (i think)