PDA

View Full Version : Olivia's or Kona?

cherokeemamma
06-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Has anyone eaten at Olivia's (OKW)? I am doing a short trip with DD during FD and I am in need of 1 ADR. There is very little available (I think partly because we are a 2 person table) and also because of FD. Anyway, I have a choice between Kona at 8:15 or Olivia's at 6:40. Which would you choose? I have to choose a non park rest.

I like the idea of Olivia's because of the time but I think we would enjoy Kona. What do ya think?

disneyquilter
06-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Kona is excellent. I would choose Kona :thumbsup2

cherokeemamma
06-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the response. What would you suggest at Kona? Anything specific?

disneyquilter
06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi there CherokeeMama,

Here's my short review of the place (we ate there in February):

I had the crab cakes (to die for) with the Filet Mignon (awesome) and the Kilauea Torte (YUM-O x2) for dessert.

DH had the Kona Salad (he thought it was great), Beef Terriyaki (LOVED it!), and the Kiddie Kone for dessert (he ate half and was so stuffed, he gave the rest to our kids :rotfl: )

My DDs (7 and 9 y/o) had food off the kids menu but my oldest DD had a little bit of everything from DH and I. She thought the Filet was awesome too :)

I think you should definitley try the crab cakes and the Kilauea Torte. Both were stellar for me. I don't think you could go wrong with anything on that menu. :thumbsup2 Everything we had was delicious. :goodvibes

1disneychic
06-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Olivia's!

We just returned yesterday from Disney. We tried Olivia's (thinking we might not like it), however, we ate there twice we liked it so much! The food was terrific as was the service.

First meal: I had the special of the day: pot roast, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Delicious! Very tender, moist, wonderful mushroom type gravy.
Dh had cream of potato soup & crab cakes. He loved them. Lots of real crab meat, very little filling.

second meal: I had the tomato & mozzarella stack--very ripe, juicy tomatoes, and the pasta with shrimp--fantastic. I am already planning to make this at home. DH had the prime rib. Menu says that it is 10 ounces, but his was at least 20 ounces if not more. Huge hunk of meat--very tender & moist. That's about all he ate that night!

And they have a really good pineapple coconut bread. Sweet & moist.

My DH already said that we have to come back here on the next trip!

jayhjay
06-27-2007, 06:25 PM
I have only eaten at Kona and must say it was wonderful. But Olivia's seems to get very good reviews on this board. I don't think OKW gets as much foot traffic or as many visitors as the Poly so it isn't talked about a whole lot. If Olivia's is more convenient for you, it might be a good choice.

cherokeemamma
06-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Yummy!

Ya'll are making me hungry. Now I am really confused:lmao: :confused3 .

Darlene

Tink&Belle's Mom
06-27-2007, 10:38 PM
If you are staying at OKW, I might go with Olivia's. We ate there (made a special trip) two yrs ago. It was okay, but not one we will make an effort to return to unless we happen to be staying at OKW.

On the other hand, we ate at Kona last year and loved it! Our party of 7 tried several different things on the menu, and we enjoyed them all! definitely worth the trip, and overall easier to get to.

punkin413
06-27-2007, 10:45 PM
i can't comment on olivia's, but we ate at kona this past may. (since i know you're reading my TR, the dinner at kona will be later on in the day 4 installment.) it was SO GOOD! i got the filet and you could pull it apart with a fork - no knife required! and we got crab cakes as an appetizer and it was really good too. and i don't know if you drink or not, but the lapu lapu there (the pineapple drink i'm sure you've seen in pictures) was the best alcoholic drink i've ever had!

Kim&Chris
06-27-2007, 11:47 PM
OLIVIA'S!

Olivia's is Disney's best kept secret in terms of restaurants. Not too many people are aware that Olivia's is even there (good for us - rarely crowded).

We Love Olivia's, and go to dinner & breakfast several times during each trip. Well worth it! We've never, ever had anything but a great meal there. Can't wait for our December trip so I can have their mozzarella & tomato dish again. :thumbsup2