PDA

View Full Version : Confusion - please help- Ohana vs Oloha dinner show

momxx5
06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
If anyone can clear this up for me I would be very appreciative.

From what I gather there are 2 different things.

1. Ohana restaurant

What is the menu here? ....served family style?

2. Spririt of Aloha Dinner Show

What is the menu here? Is it also family style?
Does this menu include the meat skewers?
Is there children's activities during the show?

Thank you in advance.

momma23boys
06-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I can't speak for Ohana's but as for the Aloha dinner we went there last August. The food is served family style it was ribs, chicken, rice and steamed veggies. All really good with lots of it. The apps were a great salad with pineapple bread (fabulous) and fresh pineapple (the sweetest). They offered the kids separate little boxes of corndogs fries etc., however I don't think either of my DS's touched theirs. The show was all done on stage and they did get people form the audience to come on stage and "help" My DS9 got to do the birthday hula on stage. It was great! :rotfl2: Overall the food and show was good. The show is probably not the most children oriented at WDW, but it was fun!! Hope this helps!!:flower3: Enjoy!!

SnowWtch
06-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I can't speak for the Aloha Dinner but O'Hana is family style. Starters are wonton chips with dips, peel and eat shrimp, and chicken wings. Then you got salad, potatoes and stir fried veggies. The meats are on skewers and they have sausage, steak, turkey and pork. Dessert was bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and bananas foster sauce.

The place is great for kids. They have coconut races, limbo, hula and sing-a-long. I loved it there and we don't have any kids. It was great and the food was wonderful.

wdwdancerwannabe
06-27-2007, 06:14 PM
This is a thread I started quite some time ago -

We've been to O'Hana --- and LOVED it.

The info that I got from this thread helped me make the decision to skip the Aloha Show and keep O'Hana.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1396133

SnwflkCts
06-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Except please remember that O'Hana would be an Irish Pub -- you must remember it is 'Ohana. No Harp Beer there - fruity tropical drinks ... get it yet???

My goal in life it to make people know the correct spelling of 'Ohana ... and grammatically, it is not a plural -- It is not 'Ohana"s" -- but singular 'Ohana. (nor is it possessive like Bob's house -- it is not 'Ohana's "whatever")

Ok :blush: I made it an Irish Possessive too at one time.

Now I am off my 'Ohana soapbox ... it is a fun restaurant and less cost than the show. Food is good and plentiful and remember ... when you are done eating, you are done and not held hostage by "the show." You can wander the Poly grounds. :thumbsup2