PDA

View Full Version : DDP in September.. how are waiters getting tipped??

CUKU4DIS
06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
I was originally told that tip is already included in DDP BUT, in September they are doing FREE DDP. The CM did mention I would not have to tip. That does not make sense. How would the waiters get tipped if we will not be paying for DDP? My husband is a chef and he was puzzled, we both agreed that we will be tipping as if we were paying oop for the meals. Do you get a reciept showing how much your tab would have been if paying OOP? Just so we know how much to tip. Thanks!mE:earsgirl: DH:earsboy: DD::MinnieMoDD :tinker:

Tink3Belle
06-27-2007, 01:17 PM
They tip the wait staff based on your check 18% it is included in your plan you do not need to tip its already done unless you receive exceptional service and want to leave extra.

Unregistered
06-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Just putting in what friends did a few years back. They bought the dining plan (I think it was called Admiral plan or something like that) and there was a 20% gratuity already included. The servers used to love the mp back then because they knew they were getting a decent tip.

Not sure how it works now.

CUKU4DIS
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
They tip the wait staff based on your check 18% it is included in your plan you do not need to tip its already done unless you receive exceptional service and want to leave extra. I understand that.. we are not actually paying for the DDP since it is free in the month of September. That's why I was questioning how the wait staff gets their share.

soccormom
06-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Eventhough you are getting the dining plan on your package for free, disney still gives the servers 18% tip. The tip is still included, you don't need to leave extra except if you want to.

Mousema
06-27-2007, 03:07 PM
The wait staff will be given 18% based on your total bill (free or not) and it shows on your receipt.

indigoxtreme
06-27-2007, 07:10 PM
And don't get confused because sometimes they will put a little tip card in with your bill which states something like tip is not included in your check. But on the dining plan it is included, whether you pay for it or not. Disney will give the wait staff their 18%. But we found that every TS meal we have had, the 3 times we have used the dining plan, our wait staff person was excellent so we always left extra tip above the 18%. At home I leave 20 to 25% and I see no reason not to do the same at WDW. We have always found their service to be top notch. Guess we have been lucky with most of our meals:goodvibes