PDA

View Full Version : First night ADR - for those who have done KONA

traci
06-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Couple of questions:

Our flight is scheduled to land at 4:15pm.
ADR scheduled for Kona at 6:45pm.

1.) Do you think this is enough time to get to the Poly (via ME) and get checked in to make the ADR? Should I try for a bit later time?

2.) How long does it typically take to eat at Kona?

:goodvibes Many Thanks :goodvibes

Praying Colonel
06-27-2007, 12:58 PM
1. Never flown into MCO, so I'll defer to others on this one.

2. Our dinner at Kona lasted about an hour.

pooch
06-27-2007, 01:09 PM
from plane landing to WL last year. If that holds true, you'll have about an hour to check in and get to Kona (LOVE KONA BTW). Probably not enough time to go to your room but I think you'll be ok. If resort check in is taking a long time, have someone in your party go check in at the restaurant. If you are on DDP, you'll need your room card. If you aren't on DDP, I'd just go eat first and check in after.

dqpowell
06-27-2007, 01:47 PM
I'd schedule Kona for 7:15 if I were staying at the Poly and was scheduled to land at 4:15. Planes can and do get delayed, especially if you're connecting through Chicago. ME may or may not be running as efficiently as it should. Check-in can take a while if there happens to be a line. I'd plan on delays, and then if you aren't late, no biggie! Just take a short walk around the grounds before dinner. But if you are running late, you'll be glad you have the later ADR.

David

traci
06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. We have a direct flight so I am hoping that will help. Still you never know...

I am going to call and see if they have a later time. We are DDP so we will need that room key.

Our kids are 2.5 and 3.5 - we don't want anything too rowdy that first night, but it would still be nice to sit and eat a good dinner to start off the trip. I hope I am making a good decision with Kona for our first meal. We have never dined there (or any of the Poly restaurants for that matter).

Thanks again all! :)