PDA

View Full Version : Advice! October 07

Pooh_Bear_92
06-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Heyy!

just wonderd if anyone could help me! going to DW in October! just wonderd how busy it will be? went in July last year and it was so busy!! Just wonderd if anyone could help, Is there alot of people around in october?

And also! :) whats the weather like this time of year?
From the UK so... what kind of weather should be expected?

anything will help!!
thanks!

x

dismom73
06-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I am interested in this also. We will be there from Oct 5-13. I have always gone the week after Thanksgiving and pretty much walked onto every ride. I am a little nervous because the days we will be there are regular season rates at the resorts and not value season.

momoftriplets
06-27-2007, 02:32 PM
We have been there the very beginning of October in 2003 & 2005. LOVE that time of year. Crowds are not toooooo bad. The only park we found to be busier was EPCOT & that was because of the Food & Wine Festival, but even that was tolerable. MK was busy the day we left, but that's because it was a Saturday. Before we left I research what days the various parks were busiest & we went to each park on their "off" days. (did that make sense?) :confused3

Weather was nice. 70-80's if I recall correctly. Could get hotter. Usually had the brief afternoon shower of course.

Hope that helps!
Barb

dismom73
06-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Where and how did you research the parks "off" days?

momoftriplets
06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I was sure I found it on Allears.net, but I have been searching for it & can't locate it. I don't know if I have the information at home or not. I will get back to you if I find it. Sorry.:sad1: I know we went to MK Sunday, EPCOT Monday, AK Wednesday & MGM Friday. In 2005, those were the "off" days for those parks.

ZoZo
06-27-2007, 10:13 PM
My friends and I usually go in October, and we have found that the weather can vary greatly. It can still be very hot and humid, so be prepared. It's really just the luck of the draw whether you get "warm and pleasant" or "hot and humid"!

As far as crowds go, it's a pretty good time of year to visit. The crowds are heavier at Epcot because of the Food and Wine Festival (as another poster said), but the rest of the parks are usually okay. FYI, the F&W Festival is very crowded on the weekends because lots of locals go, but during the week there are short lines.

Have fun!

mickeymousemom
06-29-2007, 10:52 PM
We go every year in October. The weather can vary quite a bit, though it is usually pretty hot during the day. The nights and mornings can possibly require long sleeves(but shorts are usually okay with this). I have a picutre of us getting on the bus in the AM last year. We had on shorts/capris but were wearing sweatshirts/light jackets. There have also been times when it has been unbearably hot and you never need a jacket.

As far as the crowds, they are pretty moderate. Used to be on the light/moderate side, but people are catching on and the crowds are not always that light. I have started using Tour Guide Mike. At the very least, you can get a great idea of which park to go to which day, even if you don['t use the touring plans. We just wwent to Epcot a few weeks ago, and went on the day Mike recommended it. Crowds were lighter than I'd seen in a long time. I can't wait to try it out more in October!

Crowds will be heavier in Epcot on the weekends as locals head there for the Food and Wine Festival.

We'll be there the 20th thru the 27th! Have a great time!:goodvibes

dismom73
06-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Wow, thanks for the advice! Just one more question. What is "tour guide Mike"?:confused: