PDA

View Full Version : Do I Risk It?


Tootles
06-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Okay-have my ADR's for my November trip and at the moment, have all my first choices. :woohoo: Since it's my DS8 and DS5's first trip (and he will turn 6 while we're there) I wanted lots of character meals. For our 6 day trip I have: Mon-(birthday!) an 8:05 am at CP, and a 4:30 pm at LTT (we will be skipping lunch), Tues-a 12:05 pm lunch at CRT, Wed-a 4:50 pm dinner at LeCellier, Thurs-a 4 pm at Sci-Fi (again, skipping lunch), and Sat-a 10:30 am breakfast at O'hana with Stitch. Everything else will be counter service meals. So, I'm happy with my choices. Do I second guess my decisons? :rolleyes: Sometimes, but I plan on sticking with these choices. ;) My dilema is going to come on Monday when I call to book my CP package. I already have LeCellier booked (and I REALLY want to eat here), do I cancel it BEFORE I call to book my CP? :eek: Obviously there is a risk that I may not get it, or the time I want it for. I plan on calling right at 6:55am! If I already have on ADR booked there for the same time slot, it will take crutial time cancelling it before the CM can book me a CP time, right? Help Disers, do I risk it? :confused:

jayhjay
06-27-2007, 11:30 AM
When I have switched restaurants, the CMs I have spoken with always tell me to book the new ADR before cancelling the old one to make sure the new one is available. This is essentially what you are doing. And as long as you cancel the old one while you are on the phone with them, I can't see why they wouldn't let you snag your spot for the CP before cancelling the old one. Honestly, I doubt they will even ask your name and contact info before they get your ADR time secured, but even if they do, just tell them you will cancel as soon as CP is booked. I really doubt they will give you a hard time.

Tootles
06-27-2007, 03:22 PM
When I have switched restaurants, the CMs I have spoken with always tell me to book the new ADR before cancelling the old one to make sure the new one is available.

Thanks so much! ;) That is what I was hoping to hear! I'm sure you can understand why I would be leary to cancel first, since eating there is MORE important to me than having to eat somewhere else in order to snag a CP dinner package. Like I said, I will call first thing, talk quickly, and keep my fingers crossed! :rolleyes: Wish me luck! Thanks again...

Tootles
06-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Would everybody agree with that? Any other experiences?

Mr. Pig
06-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Got to use the Wingwalker theory. Never let go of something until you grab a hold on something else. I'm sure the CM's are used to people making ADR's to make sure and then changing them over to CP.

lindakmonty
06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
I agree..when you make your CP adr's and have what you're happy with, then I'd have them cancel the existing adr;) better to be safe than sorry!

Tootles
06-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks everybody! I know I want to see our first ever Candlelight Processional but eating at LeCellier (at a half decent time) is just as important to us. Hope it all works out! Appreciate the advice!