PDA

View Full Version : going in 3 months

dizchick93
06-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi I'm 13 and I'm going to Disney World in September with my family. Since most of the people who are coming with me have been there a bunch of times and know what to do and not to do, and my family doesn't, what would be some good things to do? (rides places to eat etc)

:cutie:

magicaldisney
06-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Will you be there when they are offering Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? Is so, that is really fun. (you have to pay extra for it)

Do you like video/arcade games? Is so, Disney Quest is for you. (you have to pay extra for it if it's not on your park tickets)

Do you like shopping? If so, don't miss Downtown Disney.

Do you like swimming? Disney has two very nice waterparks. (you have to pay extra for it if it's not on your park tickets)

Every park has rides and restaurants to accomadate everyone. You won't lack for anything there.

We always suggest park HOPPER tickets.

For the first time this year, I think our family is going to try the miniature golf that WDW has to offer.

Have a great trip. I know you will absolutely love it!!!!

Tinks1984
06-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Since this is your families first trip to WDW, there'll be lots of exciting things for you all to see and do. You'll want to check out as many rides as you can during your trip, so make sure you get to the parks early and you make use of 'Fastpass' whenever they're available.

You also may like to watch a parade or catch an evening fireworks show, these are all wonderful and it's up to you and your family which to choose etc. You may want to try and catch Spectromagic also, as this parade is great!

As for places to eat, there are many and I'm not really up to scratch on this subject, maybe you could hop over to the 'Restaurants' section on the Dis and ask for people's opinions there, most of them seem like experts! I would recomend trying to catch a breakfast or lunch with the Characters, as these are special experiences whilst in Disney and will allow for autographs and great photo opportunities with the main characters!

LISAMWDW
06-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Check out www.allearsnet.com for information regarding the parks etc. It'll be very helpful!

dizchick93
06-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanx so much for all the help. I think I'll be there for the Halloween thing. My grandma (who is coming on the trip) has been to it and says it's great. I think we're going to the waterparks, and waterparks are always fun

magicaldisney
06-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Another thought.....you might want to check out pin trading. It's addicting!

the john
06-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi I'm around your age and went in Febuary. On Microsoft Word I have my family's plans for each park; right now I can only find Magic Kingdom.The ones in bold were thrill rides my step mom couldn't go on due to pregnancy.

Underline Italics means get fast pass

Fast pass for Space Mountain

Buzz Light-year

Tomorrow land Transit Authority

Space Mountain

Fast pass for Jungle cruise

Pirates of the Caribbean

If time go to Aloha isle for snack if not wait till after Jungle cruise

Jungle cruise

Go to aloha isle if you did not already

Fast pass for Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain

Lunch at Columbia harbor house

Haunted mansion

Hall of presidents

Snow white

Phillarmagic

Small world

dizchick93
06-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Oh my cousins (who are also coming) trade pins. It looks fun!

dizchick93
06-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Something I forgot to mention and really should-my twin sister and I have CP. Have any tips for WDW-ers with CP??

tacomaranch
06-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Get the GAC at guest services if you need it. Go to the Disabilities section on this board and you will get great information!