PDA

View Full Version : Newbie/First time Disney Adventure in October 2007

kkproulx
06-26-2007, 11:44 AM
HI, all! I am VERY overwhelmed with all of this planning. :scared1: We are staying three nights (I'm sure hoping that's enough time for Magic Kingdom and MGM)! Anyway, we are checking in to the Poly on 10/16 and checking out on the 19th. We are doing a character lunch at the CRT. I have reservations for Ohana, Kona and the Aloha Dinner Show. Plus we are going to the MIckey's not so scary halloween party! My one confusion is whether or not the DDP is worth it for only three nights, espeically since the CRT takes 2 credits. Should I or shouldn't I get this? Plus I know that we will have a couple cocktails at dinner time, which we'll have to pay OOP anyway. Let me know what you think. And PLEASE let me know if I'm forgetting anything! My DH, DD5 and I will be attending this great adventure!:dance3: Thanks in advance for all the help!

ziggybaby
06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
:grouphug: Welcome to the Dis :grouphug:

:thumbsup2

cherbear
06-26-2007, 02:04 PM
The Spirit of Aloha Show will also take 2 table service credits (if I'm not mistaken).
You've just got to break it down. Remember, the dining plan covers all your taxes and tip for each meal. The DDP will cost you $38.99 per night, so your cost (per adult) will be $116.97 plus tax (not including your extra OOP meals). Pretend, in this case, that you're not going to have any alcoholic beverages (the DDP will never pay for those in any case, so it's easier this way.) Let's say you use 2 of your credits for the Aloha show, and the 3rd for Ohana. You'll still pay for CRT OOP, which will run you $33.99 PLUS TIP & TAX; and Kona, where the entrees range between $15-23, Appetizers are between $5-10, and dessert is $6.00.

WITHOUT DDP: You'll be paying for those 2 meals OOP in addition to the others above. The price breakdown is this: Aloha dinner-- $51-$59 depending on where you are seated. Ohana -- $25.99 (adult dinner) Add your 3 counter service meals--avg $10/each--and your total is about $110.00 without tax or tip. When adding in the tip per person (ie. 20% = $22.00), you're just a little better off (around $15.00 and LESS HASSLE) getting the DDP to use for those couple of meals, as well as your quick service meals.

Here are the menus for all WDW restaurants:

http://www.allears.net/menu/menus.htm

If you choose to get the dining plan, find out where your highest cost will be. For instance, if you plan on getting the $23.00 entree, the $10.00 appetizer, and dessert ($6) at Kona, it would make more sense to use your dining credit there and just pay OOP at Ohana where you pay one price. I hope this helps.

And there's always that hope you'll win a night in the castle, and you'll dine at CRT for free!! Good luck!! princess:

kkproulx
06-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Thank you so much! I didn't think about it, but yes, I guess it will save us some! I have signed up for it already, but when I seen the difference from 2006 to what it is now, I didn't know if it was worth it or not. I think it still will be!

Now....how the heck would I win a nigt at the castle? We definately will be getting pins that say that this is our FIRST time there! I think I'm going to make up t-shirts that say it also.....is it just a 'by chance' thing that happens? I've not heard of this! My little princess princess: would abosuletly flip out to have that happen!!!!

Thanks again. I'm so thrilled to be able to take her there, I can hardly stand it myself!!!:woohoo: Plus I am an absolute NUT case when it comes to Halloween time!!! :cool1:

Thanks a bunch!

cherbear
06-26-2007, 03:46 PM
You mean you haven't heard of The YOMD (Year of a Million Dreams) ??

The biggest most coveted prize is a stay in Cinderella's Castle!

check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1463588

the 30th post tells you how they choose people. It's completely random. For other smaller prizes, it's not exactly that way; it might help to have the "first timer" buttons. You might get some Mickey ears. Again, Good luck!

kkproulx
06-26-2007, 06:52 PM
No I've never heard of this before now! pixiedust: How exciting! I read all the threads of that post you sent and subscribed so I could read of everyone's memorable experience! How wonderful that would be!!!! Thanks a bunch!

cherbear
06-27-2007, 12:56 PM
You're welcome. :wizard: pixiedust: ~good luck~