PDA

View Full Version : Best Tennis Shoe for Disney?

dsnygirl2006
06-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi everyone
I am going shopping for my Disney shoes and I would just like to know what Tennis Shoe everyone recommends? I wore a pair of Skechers last year and after Day 1 my feet were ruined, so any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks so much

Firepower
06-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Everyone in my family wears New Balance cross-trainers and no one has any foot issues while we are there.

bopper
06-26-2007, 12:11 PM
I think it depends on the shape of your foot. The last time I bought new sneakers for WDW I had two criteria:
1) Ventilation (leather sneakers got hot)
2) No rubbing on my little toes (where I usually get irritated).

I ended up with some Nike running shoes that were more wide in the toe box area.

olbear
06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
I have been wearing the same tennis shoe for more than 5 years. Reebok DMX, they are so comfortable. I can wear them all over Disney with no worries.

Blessings,
Winnie

cryssi
06-26-2007, 12:19 PM
I like nikes. I wouldn't do skechers again because they don't really have a lot of padding (I have a lot of skechers, lol).

oh, unless you put some dr. scholl's inside and are gellin'...I might do that to whatever shoe I get...

candykisses
06-26-2007, 01:45 PM
You'll probably find as many answers as you have responders.:)

I like my canvas, stretch Keds. I usually wear my sandals in the morning and my Keds in the evening.

kimis
06-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi everyone
I am going shopping for my Disney shoes and I would just like to know what Tennis Shoe everyone recommends? I wore a pair of Skechers last year and after Day 1 my feet were ruined, so any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks so much
My dh and I have had several doctors, trainers and shoe salemen tell us the NB is the best. We believe they are right. What ever shoe you decide on make sure it is broken in before you wear them at Disney. Never, never,never take brand new walking shoes. You will be sorry.

jcc0621
06-26-2007, 08:28 PM
I wear Nike Air walking sneakers. They are quite comfy and I have knee problems after doing a lot of walking, but these seem to do the trick.

jbpatrice
06-26-2007, 11:19 PM
I have found that Pumas or Nike Cross trainers or runners work the best. That is what I have worn the last two times we have been to Disney. I have never owned NB, but that is all my dad wears and swears by them. Good luck!

mnasmom3
06-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Yes, runners and cross trainers would be the best tennis shoe. I love New Balance shoes. When we go this year though, I think I'll give my crocs a try w/my new balance shoes as a back up.

Mrs Grumpy
06-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Had no problems with my New Balance running shoes. Liked them better than my walking ones because they had some mesh on them and not all leather. I only lasted one day in my walking ones because they were just too hot and heavy.

dr&momto2boys
06-27-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm happy to see a lot of other people have responded that they like New Balance. That's my choice too. And seriously the most important part is BREAK THEM IN! I just my NB (running shoes this time because I got a great deal--although I usually have used cross-trainers) for my trip 3 months from now. My only problem is sometimes the top end of the heel rubs my ankle after a ton of walking, so I use moleskin as extra padding for no blisters.

disney6family
06-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I believe the best Disney shoe is one that is comfortable on you and broken in. However, after polling everyone I know that does Disney we all agree that we buy and use for Disney the best quality walking/running shoes (NB, Reebok DMX, and Nike), everything else was just preference - such as nylon v. leather

foxfire
06-27-2007, 07:24 PM
For years, I have worn the Princess style Reebok and never had any problems... no blisters, no hot spots, no rubbing, nothing. This shoe fits me so perfectly that it's the only style I buy. My DH keeps trying to get me to try another style or brand. I tell him there is no reason because I am happy and satisfied with the Princess Reeboks. It's the only sneaker I will wear to Disney because I know I won't have any problem whatsoever! I always make sure I have 2-3 well broken in pairs but, as well as these fit my foot, I don't think a new pair would bother me.

This is just my personal experience...your mileage may vary! ;)

rjan67
06-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Me..I'm NOT a new balance fan. Didn't think they were terrible, just nothing special...but it purely depends on your feet! I was a die hard Nike Air fan until I shoe shopped the last time and the sales guy had me try on a pair of Ascics Gel Nimbus IV. I have never walked in anything so comfortable and light. I am a new fan. I might mention that although I don't run, I am a trauma ICU nurse and spend a lot of time on my feet.

sarahandhannahsmom
06-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I agree on the Asics Gel. My model is a GT2120. They are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. I've been wearing Asics running shoes for about 5 years. No, I'm not a runner, and never had a blister.

kikiq
06-29-2007, 08:26 PM
My DH swears by his New Balance and I love my Asics. We spend a lot of time and miles in our shoes, so we don't mind spending a little more $$ for foot comfort.

If you really don't mind spending some time, go to a good sporting goods store and try on different shoes. A good shoe person will know about the different shoe for different feet. My oldest DD was trained at City Sports to ask questions and then direct people to different shoes based on their answers.

Rustysmom
06-29-2007, 08:49 PM
I have been wearing the same tennis shoe for more than 5 years. Reebok DMX, they are so comfortable. I can wear them all over Disney with no worries.

Blessings,
Winnie

I'm glad to hear that you like Reebok DMX because I just bought a pair on clearance, and I think I like them because they feel very cushiony. I'm bringing them as a backup to my crocs.

Debby
07-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Yes, runners and cross trainers would be the best tennis shoe. I love New Balance shoes. When we go this year though, I think I'll give my crocs a try w/my new balance shoes as a back up.

Everyone seems to love the Crocs. Do you wear them with socks or without? I would think that they would be hotter than sneakers. :shamrock: ::MinnieMo

nikkistevej
07-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Last trip I had Reebok classics-I never had any problems.

hidmickey:myantidrug
07-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I am a devoted Reebok user and won't wear anything else. They're perfect!

dsnygirl2006
07-01-2007, 10:59 PM
I got my shoes....I bought NB brand....I looooove them so far, I am working on breaking them in....I bought a type of Cross Trainers, so hopefully I will have better luck this year:thumbsup2 Cannot go thru what I did last year, I am thinking of alternating with Crocs, however, last year after I ruined my feet after Day 1, the crocs felt like needles in my feet, so I was really disappointed....:confused3 but will give them another try....Thanks everyone for the advice:thumbsup2

kimis
07-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Everyone seems to love the Crocs. Do you wear them with socks or without? I would think that they would be hotter than sneakers. :shamrock: ::MinnieMo
Both--it depends on the weather. I am a true croc fan. I had horrible feet pain but the crocs (as unattractive as they are) were fantastic for me. I can walk the whole 12 days at WDW andNO feet pain. Heavon!

siouxi31
07-02-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure if you were looking for the best shoes to use while touring or tennis shoes only.
I used to wear Crocs but on the last 4 trips, I wore Keen's. Now when I'm down there, I see tons of people in Keen's and tons of people in Crocs. I usually strike up a conversation with someone in Keen's if they're sitting next to me to ask how their shoes are working since I think they're the best. I haven't heard any negative comments but then again, I've only talked to about 15 people at the most over the past 4 visits.
If you haven't seen them, they're like a gym/hiking/sandal shoe combo. I have had no blisters, no sore feet, and no sore legs with them.

cryssi
07-02-2007, 11:13 AM
DH just got back from WDW and said disney crocs were EVERYWHERE. He was disgusted...lol

However, I can't stress enough how good shoes are a must. He was unexpectedly delayed over there (poor him) and had to go buy shoes. He did 2 days of parks in skechers and got massive blisters. Bought some Jordans and was fine after, but he's suffering with those blisters now. Whatever you get, make sure that they are COMFY!

cryssi
07-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Has anyone tried the salomon techamphibians?

I tried on some Keens and they rubbed my feet funny...:(

MegansMom
07-02-2007, 04:52 PM
New Balance, New Balance, New Balance!! I do not work for the company, but I am their biggest fan. I have REALLY sensitive feet--very prone to blisters and becoming irritated from lots of walking--and these are the only shoes I have ever owned that keep my feet blister free and happy. They are very light weight, but SOOOOO supportive. I think they are worth every penny!

figment85
07-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Before my last trip to WDW I read a post on these boards recommending you take 2 pairs of comfortable shoes with you. That was great advice! I switched out shoes when my feet were getting tired or slightly sore and would wear the second pair for a day or two; then switch back again. For some reason, that worked very well. My personal favorites are Saucony and Teva.

LauraAnn630
07-02-2007, 09:26 PM
New Balance! Ill be getting my new pair soon!