PDA

View Full Version : DS, DF, DM, etc... Huh?

Tangent_
06-26-2007, 12:13 AM
I've seen this all over the board but haven't yet seen anything explaining what these all mean. Dx seems to refer to a person based on usage, but what exactly? Searching for those terms is useless since they turn up in nearly every thread. Instead of finding anything that says "DS mean xxxx", I just find more "I was talking to my DS about my DF and then my DM walked in...:

I is kunfuzed! :confused3

GBShorts
06-26-2007, 12:19 AM
I've seen this all over the board but haven't yet seen anything explaining what these all mean. Dx seems to refer to a person based on usage, but what exactly? Searching for those terms is useless since they turn up in nearly every thread. Instead of finding anything that says "DS mean xxxx", I just find more "I was talking to my DS about my DF and then my DM walked in...:

I is kunfuzed! :confused3
I know these but the acronyms for all the parks, rides, and hotels throw me for a loop.

DH=darling husband
DW-darling wife
DS-son
DD-daughter
DF-fiance
DH2b-husband to be
DM-mother
etc...

and if there's a number after DS or DD, it's their age to denote a difference if there's more than one...so DD4 and DD5 would be a 4 and 5 year old :)

No clue where the "darling" came from.

Anybody want to clue us in to a thread that has a key to all the acronyms?

meliahz
06-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Oooops! I thought it was "Disney Wife" "Disney Son" "Disney Daughter", etc. I'd also like to know where the "Darling" came from! :)

Tink's Pixieduster
06-26-2007, 04:33 AM
Here's a link to the page that explains most of the abbreviations used on these boards.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

The "D" can mean dear, darling, or Dis, whatever you want it to mean. No one really checks. ;)

Mousema
06-26-2007, 06:25 AM
If they're your son, daughter, husband, etc., I hope they're Darling. But I prefer Disney, isn't everyone?