PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews June 2007

Snowysmom
06-25-2007, 08:12 PM
We are just back and I am taking a break from laundry and unpacking to see what I have missed on Disboards. We mostly had a good time and ate at some new to us places and some old favorites. They are:

Plaza Restaurant: We ate here on our first night in MK. I was a bit disappointed in the food. We had ruebens and older DS had the cheeseburger. He liked the cheeseburger but the ruebens were a bit rubbery and not much dressing or cheese on them. The corned beef seemed to be the chopped and formed variety. However, the milkshakes are absolutely delicious. We ordered one chocolate and one vanilla to split among the four of us and the waitress was nice enough to put the 2 shakes into 4 smaller glasses. Service was great.

Boma: This is a favorite of ours. DH really loved it as usual. The DS's really liked it too. This time I was not a big fan of it and I really don't know why. I think maybe my stomach was acting up because I am not used to eating alot of the park type foods we had been eating. I still love the desserts especially the zebra domes and chocolate mousse type dessert. DH loved the soups-coconut chicken curry, sausage lentil, and carrot pumpkin spice. Boma was very busy so it was a bit of a wait at each food station. Our waitress was very good and attentive.

Kona: We tried Kona for the first time this trip. We thought it was good. Older DS and I had the beef teriyaki. DS really liked it but parts of my steak were tough and there was not alot of flavor. Younger DS had the mahi-mahi and he did say it was delicious. DH had the noodle dish with chicken. DH thought it was only OK. The chocolate tart for dessert was great.

Rose and Crown:This was the restaurant the I didn't think would be that good and turns out, it was really nice. Dh and younger son had the fish and chips and they said it was wonderful. Older DS had the steak and it was good. I had the tea time chicken and creamed leeks. It was really good. I was leery of the creamed leeks part but they were delicious. We sat on the porch and the atmosphere was quiet and peaceful. No room for dessert.

Liberty Tree Tavern: We ate here on our last night. We always like LTT. The food is good and plentiful. I really like the turkey, steak, mac and cheese, green beans, and salad. I had my picture taken with Minnie Mouse and Pluto. The kids had their picture taken with Goofy (even though older DS did not want his picture taken, we sneaked it in) and DH had his picture with Chip. The apple crisp type dessert served warm with ice cream is delicious.

Yacht Club Galley: We had breakfast here. 2 had the buffet and 2 of us had just pancakes. The food was good but the waitstaff was somewhat snooty, at least to us. The waiter only came around once to see if we needed anything and he seemed to have an attitude.

For counter service we ate at the POFQ food court for breakfast and one dinner. The food there is pretty good, standard food court food except for the shrimp and chicken jamabalaya. DH said it was awful. We also ate at Flatbread Grill in MGM and the pulled pork is really good. We did not do alot of counter service because we would eat a good sized breakfast and then not be hungry until late afternoon for dinner.

natalielongstaff
06-26-2007, 01:54 AM
great reviews, glad you enjoyed the rose and crown :)

Minniespal
06-26-2007, 04:19 AM
Excellent reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

wilma-bride
06-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Thanks for your reviews - glad you enjoyed R&C. We have always found the Plaza to be nice - maybe they were having an off day.

swankybeth
06-26-2007, 05:25 AM
Thanks for sharing your reviews. :sulley:

MickeyNicki
06-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the Boma and Rose & Crown reviews, we are trying both places for the first time in Oct...now I am super excited to try them both!

Beth E. (NJ)
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for posting your reviews!

Schucraig
06-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the reviews!:thumbsup2

Busymom85
07-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks for your reviews.