PDA

View Full Version : November wardrobe?

vamom
06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Going November 16-24 and have no idea of what to pack. Help me please??

suffolkprincess
06-25-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm from VA, too!

The November weather is a lot like VA in June or late September-- hot during day, gradually cooler in afternoon and possibly a touch of a chill in evening.

We went that same week two years in a row, and typically I wore shorts/ tank top/ light hoodie (that would end up tied around my waist) or shorts/ summer top for day and then after pool time we would dress for whatever dinner we were going to-- capri pants and 3/4 sleeve top, capri pants and tank top and cardigan (again, around the waist or in the bag but often needed,) sundress and shrug. I have worn jeans at MK at night. Pretty much the same dress for my daughter, and I always had a lighter layer (tank top) and a warmer layer (cardigan or terry hoodie) in our bag.

If you pack, for a week, one pair of jeans, a couple pairs of capris, a sundress, a jeans miniskirt, and three pairs of shorts with a mix of tanks, tees, polos, and maybe one 3/4 sleeve polo or tunic-- you'll be set. Throw in a sundress if you want. I took, and used, a light weight jeans jacket, a lightweight french terry hoodie (black), and a linen hoodie. The linen hoodie was brilliant because (although wrinkly!) it was the perfect layering piece-- not so heavy I had to take it off outside in the sun, but great in the shade and indoor attractions! They have them at chadwicks online for next to nothing on clearance. Their french terry hoodies and "ocean washed" hoodies in clearance are perfect as well.

Hope that helps!:goodvibes

MomofKatie
06-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I second the idea of layers! The weather can be chilly in the morning and evening, but get hot during the day.

When we were at WDW in January, we wore capris and short sleeved shirts, and had hoodies on over that for morning. We took off the hoodies during the day, then added them and a long sleeved shirt after dark. We took a small backpack along, so we could carry everything around.

crarmy
06-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Ditto here. We were there last November and I had packed lots of warm clothes. When we got there I couldn't believe it was warm in the mid 80's and with the humidity it was nice and warm. I was begging for cooler days but not such luck. I think a cold front had come through the week before we got there but by the time we arrived it was back to normal.

I would maybe pack a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt just in case, but I bet you won't need it.

Have lots of fun!!:yay:

ellyn2000
06-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I've gone numerous years for Thanksgiving and only twice has it been really cold. Pack for mild weather and have something you can layer if it gets warmer during the day. You'll then need more clothing at night most likely. Have a wonderful time!

vamom
06-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks for all the good advice!!!