PDA

View Full Version : Pickle Jar Rant

Pirate Me
06-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Anyone ever have an extremely hard time opening them? I almost had a heart attack opening a jar just now. My arms are aching and red as I type! ALL I WANTED WAS ONE LITTLE PICKLE! I mean come on, maybe they should invent push up tops or ziplock tops?? This is ridiculous! I should call the company that makes these cursed little crunchy pickles! Anyone feel the same way??

Rant over. Whew, I feel better. ;)

pirateprinces_dancer
06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
i only like pickles on hamburgers but watching ppl open jars is hillarious

Pirate Me
06-25-2007, 12:02 PM
i only like pickles on hamburgers but watching ppl open jars is hillarious

Not from the other person's point of view. :laughing:

::Snow_White::
06-25-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm the only one in my family who thinks its easy to open them. They can't get it open they hand it to me and I pull it right off. I find it funny.

imabrat
06-25-2007, 01:00 PM
TIP - turn the jar upside down, bang the lid on the counter, turn it upright and it should open.

Works everytime for me..
I saw it on Rachel Ray.

marypops!
06-25-2007, 01:02 PM
i haven't tried opening a pickle jar though i hate anything which is hard to open. Mainly for me it's if a bottle has a lid which is hard to turn to break the seal. When i find them hard, i get a piece of paper and put it over the lid to turn it with and it works :)

DisGirlAllie
06-25-2007, 01:08 PM
When I can't get it first try I take a knife and start hitting it.:lmao:

Pirate Me
06-25-2007, 01:10 PM
:idea: Due to Pickle Jar opening stress I have conducted an experiment and produced a theory. All you need to open an extremly hard pickle jar is a meat mallet, hammer, or chainsaw. I have the first two but I'll need to go find a chainsaw. :scratchin

AngienLuLu
06-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Pickles? I hate them. They're all like, green.

marypops!
06-25-2007, 01:17 PM
^

hah sounds like something Brainiac would do. "We all get stressed at some point when trying to open jars. But which is the best method of opening them? we have a mallet, a hammer and a chainsaw. *does experiment*. So if your having trouble opening that pickle jar of yours, smash it open with a *object which won*"

Pirate Me
06-25-2007, 01:24 PM
First time I had pickle trouble today, I opened the drawer and looked at the meat mallet...considering. Then I was like nah, I'm not going to do that, I'd get glass in my poor pickles! :eek:

DisGirlAllie
06-25-2007, 01:28 PM
:idea: Due to Pickle Jar opening stress I have conducted an experiment and produced a theory. All you need to open an extremly hard pickle jar is a meat mallet, hammer, or chainsaw. I have the first two but I'll need to go find a chainsaw. :scratchin

I use a knife or meat mallet. Tap it with the meat mallet. And if that doesn't work TNT works very nice!:thumbsup2

Pirate Me
06-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I use a knife or meat mallet. Tap it with the meat mallet. And if that doesn't work TNT works very nice!:thumbsup2

TNT, niiice. Screw the meat mallet. I need a contractor and a lawyer. :D

DisGirlAllie
06-25-2007, 01:59 PM
TNT, niiice. Screw the meat mallet. I need a contractor and a lawyer. :D
I prefer a dark alley but that works too!

Pirate Me
06-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I prefer a dark alley but that works too!

:rotfl:

DisGirlAllie
06-25-2007, 02:06 PM
:rotfl:

:teeth:

StephaBabe50
06-25-2007, 02:10 PM
I always have someone else open
the jar for me..I'm too lazy:laughing:

But my favorite kind of pickles
are "Bread and Butter" Pickles!
Yummm:upsidedow

_tinkerbell_
06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Theres a few food problems on the board today, VMK_MagicalLadee with her baked potatoes and now this :rotfl: I hope you get it open soon, i usually put something over it like a towel...when i get really frustrated with the pickles anyway or i just give up :confused3

wishspirit
06-25-2007, 04:33 PM
May i suggest one of these:

http://www.betterlifehealthcare.com/products.php?search_filter=0&catID=7&subID=44&pg=1&set_records_per_page=10000000&show_offers=0&search=0&search_text=&gclid=COfopMud-IwCFQvclAodYVgM_A

The Magic Twist is the one i have, it is a god send for getting out those pesy pickles.

I am the only person i know who likes them, i like to know i have a kindred spirit out there!

But the TNT is a good idea too!

tinkerbellblondie19
06-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Pickles and TNT. That could be a VERY interesting day...

DisGirlAllie
06-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Pickles and TNT. That could be a VERY interesting day...

:teeth: IN A DARK ALLEY! Not forgetting the alley is key. :teeth:

Pirate Me
06-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Theres a few food problems on the board today, VMK_MagicalLadee with her baked potatoes and now this :rotfl: I hope you get it open soon, i usually put something over it like a towel...when i get really frustrated with the pickles anyway or i just give up :confused3

:rotfl2: I hope she solved her baked potato problem. And the more I try to open it the harder it is for me to give up! When I want my pickle, I GET MY PICKLE! :)

Darkwing Duck
06-25-2007, 11:21 PM
im the designated jar opener for my house

CheezDoodle
06-25-2007, 11:46 PM
This made me want a pickle. Good thing we had some, or I would be really sad :rotfl:

Pirate Me
06-26-2007, 07:01 AM
This made me want a pickle. Good thing we had some, or I would be really sad :rotfl:

:rotfl2: I think I'm going to buy that MagicTwist pickle jar opener. Sorry Allie, no dark alley this time. :teeth: