PDA

View Full Version : Buying tickets online

Flyerfan
06-25-2007, 06:52 AM
We usually buy our tickets through AAA and we get a voucher to present when we check-in. They put it on our room key. How does it work when you buy online? What do they send you? Can you get them at your resort?

ILMICKEY
06-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Some places will have them shipped to your hotel. When I purchased them I had them sent directly to my home. That way I knew I would have them in hand. I have heard they can transfer them onto your key to the world card.

I did get the actual tickets, not vouchers.

Music Mom
06-25-2007, 08:14 AM
We bought our tickets online from Ticket Mania and had them shipped to our house. I highly recommend them!

Flyerfan
06-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Another question....If we purchase 7-day tickets with 14-day expiration, have them sent to our home and for some reason cannot make our trip, can we use them at another time?

Music Mom
06-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes. The 14 day time period does not begin until the first day that they are used. We bought our tickets (7 day / 14 day expiration) in April and did not use them until June.

marypoppins1967
06-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I called our local Disney store at the mall and they sell them there. That way you have them in hand. The prices are right in line with what I found online.

marvin12
06-26-2007, 10:00 AM
We bought ours on line last year they were 7 day parkhopper tickets and when we ckecked in to pofq we had the tickets put on our room card...

Cruz91
06-26-2007, 10:53 AM
I called our local Disney store at the mall and they sell them there. That way you have them in hand. The prices are right in line with what I found online.

But you had to pay taxes. The sites on line usually post with taxes included (as I found out just last week) and many give free shipping. So if, for example, you are purchasing 2 Adult + 2 Child tickets, that would roughly be $800 with hopper option for 7 days. Buying at my local dis store would require me to pay 5.625% sales tax ($45), which I would save by buying on line. That's one Cindy breakfast admission!