PDA

View Full Version : renting a house..

Samantha/NC
06-25-2007, 01:24 AM
We rented a house last summer and loved it--we are coming down this year at Thanksgiving. I remember from last year, that you can wait until closer for your vacation time, and these rental places will start dropping the prices. Has anyone ever rented a house just a couple of weeks before you went? There are tons of houses for rent, I just want to make sure we get what we want, but I want to get it cheaper if I can:rotfl: :rotfl:

dougsmom98
06-25-2007, 06:21 AM
We go during peak times and we are too nervous to wait until the last minute. If you are traveling with a small group and if you aren't picky about amenities like the types of beds, number of bedrooms, the specific community... then I think you will be fine if you wait until the last minute. Thanksgiving is a busy time though so I would be careful. The folks on the Orlando Accomodations and Attractions boards could give you some great advice about this subject. I wouldn't wait too long though, I remember around Easter there were several families desparate to find a place because everything was all booked up.