PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh meet

crazy_for_the_dis
06-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Very new to this forum. I never scrolled past DVC forums, and didn't know all these great forums ever existed!!! Has anyone ever tried to plan a DIS meet in the Pittsburgh area? Talking to another member, and she liked the idea as well, but we don't know how many people would be interested, but it seems there are alot of people from this area on these boards. Thanks!

Magalex
06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
I know there was a thread(started probably at the end of winter beginning of Spring) about a DIS Meet maybe at Kennywood. Haven't heard or read anything since.

sjh801
06-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Let's keep this bumped and see what we can do!:dance3:

Magalex
06-28-2007, 09:12 AM
I will help try to keep thread alive. We were just in WDW from 6/8-6/16. I think the whole city was with us. We saw so many Pittsburghers that week. Also our school's Market Day rep told me she was there with her family the same week. Right next door to us at CBR. They were in Aruba, we were in Jamaica.

What area of Pittsburgh? We are in the South Hills.

sjh801
06-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Western suburbs here!

tinkerbell60
06-30-2007, 09:34 PM
North Hills here - it would be great to get something going!

Sandi12404
07-02-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm up in Erie, PA but I would come down for a meet.

crazy_for_the_dis
07-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Wow, I'm the original OP, and after seeing no one responded right away to my post, I never checked back! I'm in Beaver county, and was pm'ing someone else in the North Hills who thought it was a great idea as well. There are all kinds of good places, Kennywood (never thought about that one), North Park, etc. How exactly do we go about planning something like a meet?

Magalex
07-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I don't know whatever happen to the last thread about a Pittsburgh meet. There were a lot of people posting a good date at Kennywood or Station Square was mentioned too.

sjh801
07-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Let's keep this bumped so others can find it!

:tinker: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

crazy_for_the_dis
07-14-2007, 08:44 PM
I like the station square idea, maybe even JellyRolls (ties in with the whole disney theme), although this may not make it very family oriented. Well, if we all bond there, then we can plan a picnic type event with families next time. Again, how do we do this, does someone just pick a date and go from there??????

Poohbear67
07-20-2007, 07:00 PM
I am from the Northeast Ohio area and would love to come to a PA Meet and Greet.:goodvibes :thumbsup2

bnhasak
07-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Another one in Beaver County!

Glad to see all the other Pittsburghers here!

We are leaving Tuesday for Florida and in WDW Aug. 8-11th.

tinkerbell60
07-28-2007, 09:00 AM
We are in Disney the 6th -17th! The first 4 nights at Pop and then at the Yacht Club from Aug 10th-17th - Where are you staying??

bnhasak
07-28-2007, 09:03 AM
We are staying 2 nights at Saratoga Springs and 2 nights off property with the inlaws at Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa.

I'm so excited. We are going to the Pirate Princess party on the 11th!

tinkerbell60
07-28-2007, 08:22 PM
We are staying 2 nights at Saratoga Springs and 2 nights off property with the inlaws at Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa.

I'm so excited. We are going to the Pirate Princess party on the 11th!

We will be at the P & P Party on the 11th too!!!!

betsywdw
08-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I will help try to keep thread alive. We were just in WDW from 6/8-6/16. I think the whole city was with us. We saw so many Pittsburghers that week. Also our school's Market Day rep told me she was there with her family the same week. Right next door to us at CBR. They were in Aruba, we were in Jamaica.

What area of Pittsburgh? We are in the South Hills.

I just found this thread and I'm from the South Hills too!

I remember the other thread about a Kennywood or Station Square meet but I haven't seen it surface in quite a while.

mickyfan1
08-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Well I am interested in setting something up if everyone is up for it. I would rather it be a Kid friendly place and somewhere that is easy to get to for everyone. So pm me if you are in.
Marlene

SuperSteelerFan
08-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Depending on when and where, I would be interested as well. I work full time 12 hr nights and have 2 kids in school so scheduling could get tricky for me. I'm in Beaver County too so Beaver Valley Mall or Robinson Mall work better for me although I'm pretty familiar with a lot of Pittsburgh - especially the malls and landmarks. Let me know if someone sets something up!

sjh801
08-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Just keeping this bumped for all of us Pittsburghers.

mom of princess
08-12-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm out in Westmoreland Co. so if you'd make it an easy place to find, I'd try to make it.

Magalex
08-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Keeping the thread alive! :thumbsup2 Kid friendly place! Our soon to be 7 yr old DS would love it too:woohoo:

roliepolieoliefan
08-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Just found this thread, thanks to Magalex . I would definetly be up to a Dis meet. I live in the South Hills, but have lived here all my life and familar with most parts of the city. Doesn't matter to me where we meet.

I'll keep my eyes open and hope we can get something together. How about getting together on a Sunday afternoon. The Gateway Clipper has ice cream social cruises I believe every Sunday until Labor Day.

Just a suggestion, I'd be up for anything really.

Magalex
08-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Just found this thread, thanks to Magalex . I would definetly be up to a Dis meet. I live in the South Hills, but have lived here all my life and familar with most parts of the city. Doesn't matter to me where we meet.

I'll keep my eyes open and hope we can get something together. How about getting together on a Sunday afternoon. The Gateway Clipper has ice cream social cruises I believe every Sunday until Labor Day.

Just a suggestion, I'd be up for anything really.

Ohhh that is a good idea too. I was also thinking that Kennywood has the Fall Fantasy going on with coupons in the paper . After 5 with the coupon it is $11 until Sept 1st. But it might be too short notice for some. My DS's b-day is this weekend. Keep throwing around those great ideas.

jcemom
09-08-2007, 03:59 PM
I live south of Pittsburgh, pretty close to the WV border. I might be able to make it to a Pittsburgh meet though, as long as it fit our schedule and was a place I could find easily enough. :goodvibes

KatiebugsMom
10-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Bumping......

I too live in the South Hills and would love to meet other Disers......

Kennywood would have been a great place this Summer.....hopefully maybe this could be something for next year and get a great jump on coordinating efforts.

This hard thing with planning an event is always, date, time, location, family vs. adult oriented venues, size of venue and ability to handle group and lastly cost.

A date and time will not work for everyone but hopefully can make something work for the majority.

Just wanted to add and keep the thread going......

Poohbear67
10-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi gang I live in the Akron, OH area and would love to do a meet and greet in PA I used to live in State College and its only like an 1 1/2 for me to drive there maybe we could do a New Year's Eve get together??? Just an :idea:

bnhasak
10-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Would Robinson Mall area work for most people? We should try and set something up before the cold weather sets in so we aren't driving through snow.

Just an idea.

There are a ton of restaurants up there and also shopping areas.

There is a new Disney store.

The mall has a great children's play area and also a supervised kids gym (for a small fee).

betsywdw
10-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm in the South Hills and would love a DIS meet. The Mall at Robinson is only about 15 minutes from me so that would work. I'm open for any ideas!

Poohbear67
10-16-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm in the South Hills and would love a DIS meet. The Mall at Robinson is only about 15 minutes from me so that would work. I'm open for any ideas!

just give me directions and I will be there!!!:banana: