PDA

View Full Version : money help

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 12:44 PM
does anyone know some easy ways to earn some money without getting a job?...i need some extra cash for this really cool jacket that i want for when school starts.............

♥,
Meredith

Raichu
06-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Baby sitting
Sell some of your old stuff
Walk dogs in the neighborhood.

Sparx
06-23-2007, 12:47 PM
money without a job...hmmm...uh...rob a bank?

but seriously. I think jobs are pretty much the leading way to get cash.

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 01:18 PM
well i am not old enough for a job im only 14....

BabyPiglet
06-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Job. Jobs in a general sense, Meredith.

Mowing a lawn...is a job.
Babysitting...is a job.

You pretty much need a job, to get money.

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 01:26 PM
i don't know how to mow lawns....and i would be nervous to babysit....but like walking dogs i could do as long as they aren't like rotwillers i could do it...

Sparx
06-23-2007, 01:32 PM
i don't know how to mow lawns....and i would be nervous to babysit....but like walking dogs i could do as long as they aren't like rotwillers i could do it...

you push the lawnmower over the grass.

Babyjustrun
06-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Babysitting works. Seriously, parents will pay a lot for that.
Last summer I babysitted older kids and I did absolutely nothing but watch tv because they wanted nothing to do with me.

You could consider making holidays for cards xD

And I'm pretty sure you can get a job at 14. Of course, I don't know the age in the US. But if I wanted to, I could easily get a job and I 'm 14.

Raichu
06-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Babysitting works. Seriously, parents will pay a lot for that.
Last summer I babysitted older kids and I did absolutely nothing but watch tv because they wanted nothing to do with me.

You could consider making holidays for cards xD

And I'm pretty sure you can get a job at 14. Of course, I don't know the age in the US. But if I wanted to, I could easily get a job and I 'm 14.
Yup you can get a job at 14 here. You just can't work past a certain hour and stuff like that. At age 14 Supermarkets and Dunkin Donuts will too.

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 02:21 PM
^ really???

Raichu
06-23-2007, 02:26 PM
^ really???

Well in Massachusetts thats how it works. You'd just have to get a work permit unless you get a job under the table which is illegal.

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 02:26 PM
well i live in TX so idk

Babyjustrun
06-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Here, you need to be 14, social security number and the place has to be okay with it.

BabyPiglet
06-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Technically, you can get a job here at 14. But nobody will hire you because you can only work so many hours, and it's just a hassle.

Why would you be nervous to babysit?

Seriously...I'm wondering. Who pays a person to walk their dogs?

Babyjustrun
06-23-2007, 03:05 PM
If the place is desperate, they'll hire you.
Mostly fast food places are like that.

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 03:21 PM
i'm nervous about babysitting b/c i wouldn't know what to do if like something happened like they had an allergic reaction to something and their parents didn't tell me things like that...

Babyjustrun
06-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Trust me, if the child has an allergy to something like nuts, the parents will tell you and show you the epipen and show you how to use it.
And why would something that makes them have allergies be in their house to begin with?

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 03:23 PM
if they have more than one kid the other kids might like it idk but it could happen...

Babyjustrun
06-23-2007, 03:24 PM
No, they wouldn't.
Families that care, wouldn't have nuts in a house that a kid is allergic to.
Allergies to nuts are serious.

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 03:25 PM
o know i never said they weren't

Pirate Me
06-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Ask your parents :confused3
Do chores around the house,
walk dogs,
babysit,
sell lemonade :laughing:

BabyPiglet
06-23-2007, 04:36 PM
For a second there I thought it said Sell Drugs.

LMAO.

pirateprinces_dancer
06-24-2007, 05:46 PM
i think i may try and have a bake sale.......

STOPxmickeytime
06-24-2007, 05:53 PM
i think i may try and have a bake sale.......

honestly, i'm not trying to talk you out of it, but people are less likely to buy cookies and lemonade and stuff from you if it's not charitable or a younger kid doing the selling.
babysitting is easy and good money. there's no reason to worry about it.
and no offense, but how can you be 14 and not understand how to mow lawns?

Lazers!
06-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Mowing lawns, I mean, really isn't like something you know off the bat. Especially if your lawn is like my lawn, where its like 4 oval parts sperated, there is a specific way you have to cut it.

I worked at a waterpark when I was 14, and I live in Louisiana...

babysitting is easy. Especially if its like a baby. Most of the time you put it to bed, maybe have to change a few diapers.

bake sale sounds like way too much of a hassle.

VMK_MagicalLadee
06-24-2007, 07:08 PM
you push the lawnmower over the grass.

That made me laugh SO hard.

Babyjustrun
06-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Mowing lawns, I mean, really isn't like something you know off the bat. Especially if your lawn is like my lawn, where its like 4 oval parts sperated, there is a specific way you have to cut it.

I worked at a waterpark when I was 14, and I live in Louisiana...

babysitting is easy. Especially if its like a baby. Most of the time you put it to bed, maybe have to change a few diapers.

bake sale sounds like way too much of a hassle.

Trust me, babies are a pain.
Especially if they don't want food, don't want to play, don't need a change and you have no freaking idea why they're crying.
I HATE the sound of a baby crying.

Lazers!
06-24-2007, 07:12 PM
I've sat for a baby before.

His mom fed him before she left...played with him and watched a little tv. Changed his diaper, put him down for a nap, didn't wake up till his mom came home.

lalastephanie
06-24-2007, 08:12 PM
I've watched my niece before.Usually my sister is there at the house too so I don't have to worry about anything but I did watched her once or twice with no one home.I think its fun babysitting kids about like 3 to 4 years old.It was in the morning when I babysat her once so I jsut took her and she helped me pick out some lcothes for her to wear and we got her dressed and all nice and then just sat down and watched a tv show.Just do what they wanna do unless of course its something bad.

::Snow_White::
06-24-2007, 08:20 PM
honestly, i'm not trying to talk you out of it, but people are less likely to buy cookies and lemonade and stuff from you if it's not charitable or a younger kid doing the selling.
babysitting is easy and good money. there's no reason to worry about it.
and no offense, but how can you be 14 and not understand how to mow lawns?

I agree. We have held 2 bake sales for Children's Miracle Network, and I'm pretty sure that's the only reason the people bought the cookies. I doubt anyone would just stop and buy them. Sorry.

I'm 14 and here we can't get a job until were 15. Even then it's hard to actually find one, because no one wants to hire us.

Like everyone else said. Mow lawns, babysit, walk dogs.
That's all I really know of that you can do unless you have an actual job.
Which reminds me...I need a job. Once I get my restricted license I wanna go work at this scrapbooking place in the town beside us. :] They are hiring and hopefully they will be in 2 years.