PDA

View Full Version : christmas ornaments at HH?

mbw12
06-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I collect christmas ornaments whenever I go away on vacation. We will be visiting Hilton Head this summer for the first time. Is there a year-round Christmas store on the island? Or is there anywhere that would sell ornaments year round?
I love looking at our tree all decorated for the holidays and seeing everywhere that we have visited!!!!!!

Simba's Mom
06-23-2007, 12:25 PM
When we went a couple years ago, there was a real cute little shop in Sea Pines, way at the end by Cafe Europa and, I think, Quartermaster (not sure). It was all Christmas stuff, mostly Christmas ornaments that were Hilton Head themed. We bought a couple ornaments. The woman who ran the shop was very elderly, however, so, well I don't know a nice way to say this, but I'm not sure if she's still running the store.

WebmasterDoc
06-23-2007, 12:42 PM
There is a Christmas shop right near the resort (within walking distance). It is next to Scott's Fishmarket and is just across the resort bridge - less than 100 yards away. They even have some Disney ornaments and well as lots of ornaments unique to the HH area.

There are a number of other similar boutique shops around HH.

Enjoy!

mbw12
06-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Wow....thanks for the quick responses!!!! I definitely want some "hilton head" themed ornaments, so that is just perfect!!!!!

Disneyaholic
06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
The resort itself usually has a Christmas ornament available in the Mercantile. Not sure if they have one this year, but I can let you know in a week or so! ;)

There is also a Christmas shop (and more) in Coligny Plaza and I believe there is one further inland, but I can't remember the name of the shopping area. Pinelands maybe? It's pretty much across 278 from where the Northridge Cinema is.

I guess you shouldn't have much trouble finding the ornaments you want! Enjoy your trip to Hilton Head!!

buzz5985
06-24-2007, 02:22 AM
I collect Christmas ornaments from vacations too!! Great selection at the place next to Scotts Fishmarket. I think it is called Christmas Eve or something like that. A lot of nice shops over there.

nymets
06-24-2007, 02:37 PM
They did have a DVC christmas ornament at the store

jdvm
06-24-2007, 03:02 PM
We were just at Hilton Head and visited the shop Doc mentioned (unfortunately!!). They had some really nice things there. And it's right next to a mexican restaurant that serves a serioiusly good margarita!
John