PDA

View Full Version : cancer

meeshheartsdisney217
06-23-2007, 09:46 AM
ever been touched by it? ever had it? ever had someone die from it?

stories and discussion.

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 09:56 AM
one of my best friends had it when he was little

DisGirlAllie
06-23-2007, 10:01 AM
My aunt and best friend died from it. I pray I never get it. Remember my siggy b4 I had this one.
"God gave us memories so we could have roses in December" then a rose and then
Katie Lynn F.
1995-2007

That's who. The quote is from her bedroom. It hung above her bedroom.

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 10:04 AM
^ :hug: i'm sorry...

Sparx
06-23-2007, 10:05 AM
yes I've been touched by it, yes I've had people die from it.

Jasmine45
06-23-2007, 10:27 AM
My aunt and best friend died from it. I pray I never get it. Remember my siggy b4 I had this one.
"God gave us memories so we could have roses in December" then a rose and then
Katie Lynn F.
1995-2007

That's who. The quote is from her bedroom. It hung above her bedroom.

:hug:

My great aunt and grandpa died from it. My Aunt and granma Had it but did'nt die, thankfuly. My Grandma(Ahma) had it 3 times. My uncle also had brain cancer.

::Snow_White::
06-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Yea. My great grandpa died from lung cancer. Unfortunately I never got to see him in the hospital before he died.

My grandpa just recently had cancer. He went in for radiation and other treatments and so far he his fine.

PurpleDucky
06-23-2007, 11:02 AM
You know that commercial that says "One less"?
Well that's the cancer my mom got, luckily they got it out before it could spread
My great-grandmother got breast cancer, got one of them cut off, then died a few years later. So I never knew her.

Master Gracy
06-23-2007, 11:33 AM
my little sister died of a tumour two years ago

CrazyChik
06-23-2007, 11:50 AM
my auntie is a breast cancer survivor.

my dog died of a cancer nearly 3 years ago:(
and my other dog and one of my cats did ages ago.

HSMndLKfan92
06-23-2007, 12:06 PM
A friend of the family's son was diagnosed with lukemia when he was 2. About six years later, he's healthy and as happy as can be. :)

My dog Gizmo was diagnosed with cancer about six years ago. By the time the vets located the source, it was too late. We had to put him to sleep.

2HOT2touch
06-23-2007, 12:26 PM
My grandmother died of Breast Cancer. and just recently I found out there was radiation in my house that I lived in for 15 years and so i have the possiblitly of getting cancer according to my real estate agent.

StitchfansJr
06-23-2007, 01:53 PM
My dog named Cruella died from cancer when I was around 4 or 5.

BabyPiglet
06-23-2007, 01:54 PM
You know that commercial that says "One less"?
Well that's the cancer my mom got, luckily they got it out before it could spread
My great-grandmother got breast cancer, got one of them cut off, then died a few years later. So I never knew her.
Cervical Cancer?

My uncle was diagnosed with lymphomia (sp) cancer about 7 years ago. He's fine now, and back then I was to small to realize what was happening.

tinkerbell12
06-23-2007, 04:42 PM
My mother has malignant melanoma. She was diagnosed with it about two years ago. She had to have surgery and we all hope that it totally removed but there is still a change that the cancer lymph nodes are still there. I have a very high risk of getting it.

I remember being SO scared that they would realize they found it too late, or they wouldn't be able to catch it in time. I remember how scared I was the day she left to go to the hospital. I remember how awful my mother felt when she got back, all the "sleep" medicine zonked her out for 48 hours. It was SO terrifying. It was scary. Fortunately she made it through, but there's still the chance that it's not gone, that she still has some cancer cells in her, that they may come back and the every-other-month visits she has to the dermatologist may not be as often as needed. There's still that slight chance she'll get it again and that's what is the scariest.

I did a research project on that just this past schoolyear.

My Grandmother had pancreatic cancer. Unfortunately she died from it before I even knew her.

My neighbor has breast cancer.

My friend's mom AND grandmother have breast cancer. Therefore my friend has a VERY high chance of getting it. She gets checked every other month for even the slightest chance.

I know how very lucky I am for my mom to get the treatment she gets.
I know I'm lucky that my friend gets checked, just in case.

But I also know that there's no REAL/TOTAL cure for cancer.
That scares me.
That just scares me.

BabyPiglet
06-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Aweeee. Emily.

tinkerbell12
06-23-2007, 05:01 PM

:hug:

AngienLuLu
06-23-2007, 05:08 PM
My cousin used to have colon cancer.

My grandma used to have blood cancer.

meeshheartsdisney217
06-23-2007, 05:27 PM
my friend had ewings something or other on her leg. she got it amputated last year.

now she has a tumor in her lung, brain and i think in her other leg.

that's what made me want to make this thread.

:hug: :hug: to anyone who posted above.

BabyPiglet
06-23-2007, 05:35 PM
my friend had ewings something or other on her leg. she got it amputated last year.

now she has a tumor in her lung, brain and i think in her other leg.

that's what made me want to make this thread.

:hug: :hug: to anyone who posted above.
Aweee. Meesh.

My uncle had to have both of his legs amputated because of a benign tumor, and an infection. :'[

MuNkY
06-23-2007, 05:35 PM
My grandpa died of lung cancer. My grandma and great grandma have had their bouts. Another grandpa of mine who I never really talk to has lung cancer.

Sparx
06-23-2007, 06:07 PM
My grandpa died of lung cancer. My grandma and great grandma have had their bouts. Another grandpa of mine who I never really talk to has lung cancer.

didn't your father have skin cancer, too?

TESTRACKLOVER92
06-23-2007, 06:12 PM
My friend Richard had it; He just died 2 weeks ago. The whole school was touched by him...R.I.P Richard. <3

MuNkY
06-23-2007, 06:27 PM
didn't your father have skin cancer, too?

Forgot about that.

Babyjustrun
06-23-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't think anyone in my family has had cancer.
Someone I know lost her mother to breast cancer.
I couldn't even imagine.

On Much Music they have a show called Music Is My Life. There was a really sad episode about a boy and his mother dying of cancer. That touched my heart.

2HOT2touch
06-23-2007, 06:46 PM
I just have a question. I know cancer is really serious and alot of people die from cancer everyday. But, why don't I ever hear anything about diabetes or some other deathly diseases? My father died of diabetes, but I don't see all the fundraisers for diabetes like the breast cancer fundraisers with all the pink stuff.

DisGirlAllie
06-23-2007, 09:02 PM
My friend Richard had it; He just died 2 weeks ago. The whole school was touched by him...R.I.P Richard. <3

:hug: I know how you feel. My friend died last Friday.

Arianna
06-23-2007, 09:48 PM
My friends mom died about a month ago from breast cancer...she died 1 week before his birthday, 2 weeks before his graduation, a month before he got a high paying job...she missed a lot but she did battle breast cancer for about 5 years before it finally took over.

VolleyballQt07
06-23-2007, 09:55 PM
My grandpa(dad's dad) whom I never met died pf pancreatic(sp?) cancer when my dad was 16. :sad1:

My second or third or fourth cousin has skin cancer because she tans everyday. :sad2:

Another one of my second or third or fourth cousins has breast cancer and is down in Florida for treatments. :guilty:

keypooh90
06-23-2007, 10:01 PM
My best best best adult friend (my godmother) died of brain cancer back in 2002. She had moved to Washington state two years prior and had written a novel. She had no chance really cause it was like the worst brain cancer to have. :(

My mom's friend had leukemia and died not from the cancer, but from the chemo. :(

Steph&&&Disney
06-23-2007, 10:23 PM
My Grandpa Al had it & passed away right before Christmas. It was sad the last time we visited him tho because I knew it was the last time I would ever see him alive. Also my family's close neighbor Marilyn had breast cancer & it just kept coming back to her. It was heartbreaking to see her die because of all thw weight she loss.

I've been really touched by cancer. It makes me want to get out there & help people. My cousin Robert was diagnosed with Limphoma when he was 15 years old. He's still alive now. He'll be 20 soon & he has a girlfriend. He's driving, partying, having fun like a normal kid-and thats all he asks for. He doesn't want extra attention just because he had cancer. It makes me wonder why people do all of these crazy things like drugs, smoke, and drink just to get attention. If they walk through a hospital & even talk to some hurt people, it is a possibility its from something harmful & done on purpose. I just don't get why people would abuse themselves in such a way & they know it does. Why do they think its cool? Why do they want unnescessary attention when they have plenty, especially from family?

-Stephanie<333

Steph&&&Disney
06-23-2007, 10:29 PM

omg. i feel so bad for you. i feel bad for all of you guys. but this stuff brings us together. we help each other cope.

-Stephanie<333

TiggWDW
06-24-2007, 01:20 PM
my great aunt has lymphoma and my like 7 year old cousin has leukemia:(:(

TOT_Princess_412
06-24-2007, 01:29 PM
My grandpa died from lung cancer. And a friend of my family died from cancer as well.

bouncytigger22
06-24-2007, 01:45 PM
My grandpa died from it about two years ago when we were on our way to ohio for my irish dance championships. (i know, totally sucks) We actually saw him 3 days before he died at my sister's b-day party. He looked totally fine, and then he died in his sleep. It started as a tumor in his mouth,and then spread.

My auntie ann just got rid of her breast cancer about 6 months ago. She's a survivor <3

Starstruckdancer
06-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I've been affected by cancer soo much.
Three of my grandparents died from cancer. 2 from lung cancer and one from pancreatic cancer. My family's friends son was diagnosed with cancer last year. and now my aunt has cancer. She went to the doctor and got the "go home and do whatever" speech. So she might not be around soon. My dad also got skin cancer. It was deadly and he is better now. But I am also at risk for skin cancer. I hope I never get it. Thats why I always have my sunblock and don't go tanning.

tinkerbellblondie19
06-24-2007, 03:40 PM
My great-aunt and grandmother both died from a cancer, only complicated by MS

STOPxmickeytime
06-24-2007, 03:53 PM
my grandma died of breast cancer when my dad was 17.
my younger neighbor had leukemia, but she's been in remission for a couple of years.
my grandpa died of pancreatic cancer when i was 9. he was my best friend.