PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a school uniform?

Tora Millypoops
06-23-2007, 05:16 AM
I was just wondering how many people have a school uniform. I do, but most schools in the U.K have school uniforms. Every school I have been to I have had a uniform. (I have been to 3 different schools) If you have a school uniform, please will you post a picture of it. Even if you don't have a uniform will you post a picture of what you wear to school. If you have a school uniform do you like it?
Thanks

I'll post a picture of my school uniform later.

taylor91
06-23-2007, 06:15 AM
i had a school uniform but its 6th form next...no more uniform :cool1:

I used to have 2 wear navy trousers, a white shirt and a red tie with the logo of my school on. (ties are awful in summer lol)

:teacher:

not nice...

marypops!
06-23-2007, 06:17 AM
yup we have school uniform too... unluckily our school has purple blazers *shudders* you can spot us a mile off.

topaz_onyx
06-23-2007, 06:43 AM
Yep we have a white shirt, black trousers, black jumper and blue and silver tie

tinkerbellblondie19
06-23-2007, 06:50 AM
The school I go to now doesn't, but my school in 6th grade did.

Tora Millypoops
06-23-2007, 08:07 AM
For my school uniform I have to wear black trousers(pants), black shoes, white shirt, black jumper with the school emblem on it and a red tie with black stripes on it.

StephaBabe50
06-23-2007, 08:38 AM
I went to a private school from
K-5 and we had to wear uniforms
there. We had a choice of khaki
pants, blue coderoy (I cant spell.)
pants, plaid shorts, plaid skirt,
plaid jumper, white polo, red polo,
or green polo. Since 6th grade I've
gone to public school so no more
uniforms for me!

Jasmine45
06-23-2007, 08:39 AM
No uniforms.

pirateprinces_dancer
06-23-2007, 09:17 AM
never had a uniform in my life and i am really glad.......

DisGirlAllie
06-23-2007, 09:30 AM
No and thank gawd!

imabrat
06-23-2007, 09:33 AM
We don't have uniforms,but with all the restrictions in our school,we might as well.No flip flops,no pink shirts(we have groups of gangs around here,and they think it is a gang colour),no hats or hoodies,no oversized purses,no plain tee shirts(again,gangs),no writing on the behind,stuff like that.

I would be kinda happy to see uniforms in our school so i don't have to see stuff like too much cleavage from girls and pants down to their ankles on boys.

Raichu
06-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Freshman year was the first time in my life that I didn't have a uniform. I'm so glad I don't go to private schools anymore!

PurpleDucky
06-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Yup
We can wear navy or khaki dickies
The pants, shorts, and bermuda shorts for girls
The shirt colors are: White, Navy, Khaki, Pink, Red, Baby Blue & Gray
Across the right top side our school logo LMCA is on there
If you're on honor roll, you can wear jeans on Monday

DerangedAboutDisney
06-23-2007, 09:47 AM
i had a school uniform but its 6th form next...no more uniform :cool1:

I used to have 2 wear navy trousers, a white shirt and a red tie with the logo of my school on. (ties are awful in summer lol)

:teacher:

not nice...

I wear exactly that but with a blazer on top (thank god we're alowed to take it off in class)

Yup
We can wear navy or khaki dickies
The pants, shorts, and bermuda shorts for girls
The shirt colors are: White, Navy, Khaki, Pink, Red, Baby Blue & Gray
Across the right top side our school logo LMCA is on there
If you're on honor roll, you can wear jeans on Monday

that's a uniform? lol wanna trade?

PurpleDucky
06-23-2007, 09:48 AM
I personally like uniforms better because the boys pants aren't sagging to their ankles and the shorts don't look like capris
Also, the girls don't look like ****s because our shirts are semi-loose fit, but they can sometimes get the pants in a couple sizes down.

PurpleDucky
06-23-2007, 09:50 AM
I wear exactly that but with a blazer on top (thank god we're alowed to take it off in class)

that's a uniform? lol wanna trade?

Haha, no.
I'm pretty pleased with my uniform, compared to what other schools have to bear.

pigletgirl
06-23-2007, 09:54 AM
No, we never had uniforms. Some days I wish we had them because then no one would question the dress code, but it also limits unique style.

PurpleDucky
06-23-2007, 09:58 AM
No, we never had uniforms. Some days I wish we had them because then no one would question the dress code, but it also limits unique style.

People always question the dress code, uniforms or not
We always complain that we have no unique style because we can't layer our shirts and whatnot
But if you compare us to the all girls Catholic school about ten minutes away, we have it lucky
Their everyday uniform is Navy Jumpers, white polo, white/navy knee highs, and black loafers

PrincessAurie
06-23-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm home schooled, so I pretty wear whatever I want to.

::Snow_White::
06-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Never had to.
Don't think our school will start either.
That would cause some huge uproar around here. There's enough kids they could form a...something.
Go on strike...then there would'nt be any kids at school...hmm.
Not that they are bad, but I know every kid in our town would think they were dying if they had to where them.

epchicax3
06-23-2007, 10:29 AM
i've never had to wear a uniform. and hopefully never will. =].

topaz_onyx
06-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Whats honor roll?

TESTRACKLOVER92
06-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Yep; i go to catholic high school, well ive had a uniform since forever. hah. :goodvibes

TESTRACKLOVER92
06-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Whats honor roll?

When you get no grades lower than B's.

CrazyChik
06-23-2007, 01:54 PM
black skirts or trousers( last year we got rid of the navy and the girls can't wear trouser rules yay)
blue shirt with school tie
or from easter-october the school's polo shirt(blue)

skirts must be worn 2 inches above or below the knee
outer coats should be black or navy
bags must be black or navy
shoes should be good quality and flat and black.
make-up is not to be worn
one pair of studs and 1 ring only
no highlights are allowed(except for natural colored ones)

yes they want to make sure that they've elimanted any trace of indivuality, the sad thing is we could all look like clones and it wouldn't stop the bullying.

PurpleDucky
06-23-2007, 03:46 PM
black skirts or trousers( last year we got rid of the navy and the girls can't wear trouser rules yay)
blue shirt with school tie
or from easter-october the school's polo shirt(blue)

skirts must be worn 2 inches above or below the knee
outer coats should be black or navy
bags must be black or navy
shoes should be good quality and flat and black.
make-up is not to be worn
one pair of studs and 1 ring only
no highlights are allowed(except for natural colored ones)

yes they want to make sure that they've elimanted any trace of indivuality, the sad thing is we could all look like clones and it wouldn't stop the bullying.

No..make-up!?!
Ugly..shoes?!
No..pretty backpacks?!
I'm sorry hazzi

CrazyChik
06-23-2007, 03:49 PM
No..make-up!?!
Ugly..shoes?!
No..pretty backpacks?!
I'm sorry hazzi

i know right.
this year i have a black bag, but it's animal and it has some pink on it:]]
last year i took a risk and had a light blue one

tinkerbell12
06-23-2007, 03:52 PM
No but if I chose to go to a different school than I am already going to I would've had to wear one :eek:!

PurpleDucky
06-23-2007, 03:53 PM
i know right.
this year i have a black bag, but it's animal and it has some pink on it:]]
last year i took a risk and had a light blue one

That is just plain scary.

CrazyChik
06-23-2007, 03:57 PM
That is just plain scary.

lol.
what's scary is:

the teacher carry nail varnish remover and pads and eye make-up remover pads and everything essential in the art of taking off make-up.

BabyPiglet
06-23-2007, 04:06 PM
I used to have to wear uniforms. Basically the same as Devans..with Dickies. Pants and bermuda shorts. Khaki or Navy. Polos. White and Navy.

The nuns would have a heart attack if we ever were something bright colored.

Then I went to public school. No uniform...I wore...normal clothes.

Now, I'm homeschooled. Like I said I can do US History naked if I chose to.

TOT_Princess_412
06-23-2007, 04:09 PM
We dont have school uniforms at our school. I am very glad we don't.

AngienLuLu
06-23-2007, 04:10 PM
No.

Lil_Tink
06-23-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't have a school uniform, but usually I wear jeans and a tshirt or something like this.
http://a222.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_39c23adc377a3a550de2e9de30f27efd.jpg

Ampris
06-23-2007, 04:18 PM
No, but I've always liked the way school uniforms look. =[

Ampris
06-23-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't have a school uniform, but usually I wear jeans and a tshirt or something like this.
http://a222.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/19/l_39c23adc377a3a550de2e9de30f27efd.jpg

You mean the spiffy-looking green outfit in the middle? :lmao:

...Seriously, that's what I thought you meant.

wishspirit
06-23-2007, 04:44 PM
I clicked uniform, but then realised i didnt for the last 2 years cause i was in sixth form! :)

In the lower years we have to wear a blue skirt (striagh to pleated, i went for straight), black shoes, but they can be slightly high healed. A blue polo neck or shirt (no one wears shirts) and a blue jumper with school logo.

Its changed this year tho, but it didnt bother me cause it dress code for sixth form is different. In years 12 and 13 we had to wear 'clothes suitable to work in' (we all said working as what?? ;) but they didnt buy it!) It had to be smart tops and skirts, no trainers (although i wore converse to school every day and no one said a thing and i had a note if they did) and minimal jewelry and make up. However by the end of the year we wer all wearing strappy tops and jeans!

In the lower years, no make up, only one set of studs, no rings and only deviations to the uniform were for religious purposes (e.g some of the girls wore headscarfs or crosses) They were really strict on make up and would send you to matron (the school nurse) to wipe it off if you were wearing too much. Only conceler was allowed.

I liked wearing a uniform, i didnt have to worry what i wore to school everyday and it was an equaliser. Since i went to an all girls school, it didnt really matter. In the 6th form people tend to be a bit more mature so less likelynood of bullying.

keypooh90
06-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Nope! Never have!

Arianna
06-23-2007, 09:14 PM
You poor people who are still stuck in high school/ middle school:lmao: lol...j/k...but at my college we have to were scubs since i'm going out to be a vet tech.

VolleyballQt07
06-23-2007, 09:19 PM
K--no uniforms
1--uniforms
2-4--no uniforms
5-6--uniforms
7-8--no uniforms

And as long as I stay at the same HS the next 4 years, then yes, I will have uniforms......again. :)

CheerExtreme
06-23-2007, 10:35 PM
My school has such strict rules that I would much rather wear a uniform. Just a sample of our rules would be that you much stick your finger on your chest and put your index finger up. If it is lower than that then goodbye. Skirt or shorts not lower than 4 in. from your longest finger? Can you say ISD? My friends and I are rebels though! We got in quite a bit of trouble but our parents came and got us out of ISD. We told them that unless they would like to go and buy us a new wardrobe or uniforms then we would wear short skirts everyday.

FanOfBelle
06-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Yes I go to a private school and we have uniforms.
We all wear the same green polo (K-8th grade, with our school's emblem on it) girls have a choice of khaki shorts, long pants, skirt or a plaid skirt, and boys have the same choices minus the skirts. :lol:

We all have to have our shirts tucked in and we must be wearing a belt unless we wear a skirt. :(

Atleast every third Friday of each month we get free dress.

Sparx
06-24-2007, 02:17 PM
nope

never hvae.

taylor91
06-24-2007, 02:36 PM
You mean the spiffy-looking green outfit in the middle? :lmao:

...Seriously, that's what I thought you meant.

your reply cheered me up... thankz :rolleyes:

STOPxmickeytime
06-24-2007, 04:05 PM
nope. i go to public school.
basically all the kids in my town go to public school, we were rated in the top hundred in the country ( i don't know where we are in there, but it's somewhere)
uniforms don't seem that bad to me, though, it would make my mornings a lot easier.

2HOT2touch
06-24-2007, 07:46 PM
we have some what of a uniform for classes. But we have a very strict uniform for special ocasions and formal dinners. and this is a picture of me and some friends before a formal dinner in our uniforms. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/x_shorty_x/uniform.jpg

GxBarbie
06-24-2007, 09:12 PM
well the highschool i'm going to does, basically you have a navy blue polo for boys and girls and boys wear khaki pants and the girls have a choice of the skirts or khaki pants and were allowed to wear accessories too.

minniesBFF
06-25-2007, 01:35 AM
we don't have school uniforms. We have a dress code, but its not really followed. So the girls, and guys for that matter, are letting it all hang out. :lmao:

I personally hate that kind of stuff. I'm usually very covered, I might have a little bit of a low cut shirt, but nothing bad like a lot of girls I see at my school.:sad2:

_tinkerbell_
06-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Yes i have uniform , im in the UK too. our uniform is quite simple really same for both boys and girls, a white polo shirt and a blue jumper, both with the school badge on it and black trousers...girls can wear black skirt but not many people do

disneyworldgal13
06-25-2007, 08:44 PM
No our school doesnt have to wear a school uniform...
We just have a really strict dress c:lmao: ode lol

TinkInPink
06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
No i wish sometimes
So few people follow the dress code and i see so many things i don't want to . I mean like girls with shorts so short when they bend over you see their but thongs hanging out, guys who's pants are at their knees the list goes on and on.
other times i glad we don't like Halloween when i wear my Hogwarts robes.