PDA

View Full Version : Salem Witch Trial

bouncytigger22
06-22-2007, 11:31 PM
I am watching Travel Channel now, and I just am astonished! How horrid!!

Discuss.

BabyPiglet
06-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Trials.

2HOT2touch
06-22-2007, 11:43 PM
i was going to do my Junior Research Paper on the Salem Witch Trials but there is no literature on them that was written during the witch trials actually there is no literature at all that was written in the United States during the witch trials (1692) so I did my paper on Prejudice in the Courtroom during the 1930's mostly concerning the Scottsboro Boys trial in Alabama.

If you want to read about the witch trials though you can read Scarlet Letter or The Crucible. The Crucible was AMAZING!!

MyHappyEnding_
06-23-2007, 01:08 AM
We went over the Salem Witch Trials so much in my english class first semester. I know pretty much every detail about it. We also read the Crucible (and watched the movie) which is a play by Arthur Miller about the witch trials. The play is basically a metaphor for McCarthyism.

wishspirit
06-23-2007, 07:06 PM
I love the play the Crucible, i was in the school play as Judge Hathorne (all girls school)

If you want to know more go to http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/salem.htm

For LOADS of info

Sparx
06-23-2007, 07:07 PM
I've done countless reports and read countless books and accounts of them.

they were awful.

daughter_of_amid_chaos
06-23-2007, 08:47 PM
i was going to do my Junior Research Paper on the Salem Witch Trials but there is no literature on them that was written during the witch trials actually there is no literature at all that was written in the United States during the witch trials (1692) so I did my paper on Prejudice in the Courtroom during the 1930's mostly concerning the Scottsboro Boys trial in Alabama.

If you want to read about the witch trials though you can read Scarlet Letter or The Crucible. The Crucible was AMAZING!!

Actually there is an amazing collection of primary source documents from that time period including letters, journals, sermons, and even actual courtroom transcripts.
The ultimate book to read on the Salem Witch Trials is "Salem Witchcraft" by Charles W. Upham which was first published in 1867.