PDA

View Full Version : Pet names

dreamn_Disney
06-22-2007, 08:11 PM
What are some names you have had or have for pets?

The kitten thread got me thinking about pet names. My dd has named many of our pets. I have named a few and now ds(3) helps name. We have had some unusual name. Right now we have
Kitten - Spitfyre
Cat - Four Creamies
Rabbit - Nickou
Turtle - Leafy
We had a mama cat named Eleven
Baby cat that died at 3 weeks named Ginger Ale
We have also had a cat name Wednesday
When dd was little she had a dog named Beethoven

ycnan
06-22-2007, 08:13 PM
our fish:

King Shoppa-Loppa-Ding-Dong

the kids picked the name

The fish before this one: Bubbles

spyda
06-22-2007, 08:30 PM
iguana = spikey (because of the 'spikey' looking spines on his back) lol

kathie859
06-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Current pets:

Boston Terrier: Lil (AKC name Diamond Lillian Lucky's Little Charmer)
Little gray cat: Little Kitty----ok, ok..not too imaginative, I know--but it fits her to a T.

Fondly remembered passed pets:

Scottish Terrier: Angus (AKC name Angus, Laird of Wesley)
Mixed white lab: Tyler
Rescued Daschund: Susie
Cats I have known and loved: Isis, McKinley, LaMont...
Oh!:hippie: and a pair of zebra finches: Orpheus and Eurydice

yngsj
06-22-2007, 08:47 PM
We currently have a Pug named Percy, cat named Figaro, cat named Smokey, and a French Bulldog named Gi Gi.

daandcb
06-22-2007, 08:49 PM
One dog is named Davey (pre-kids) and the other is named Pluto. We have a parakeet named Woody - we also had a parakeet named Buzz but he is no longer with us.

ruadisneyfan2
06-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Ds10 named our kitten Flower, like the skunk in Bambi.
Of course that leads to nick names like Flower Girl, Wild Flower, Flower Power-Girl of the Hour and lots more equally stupid...:lmao:

CDSTapisRouge
06-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Our dogs are all named after the Steam Trains at Disney (or associated with Disney)... We have a

Fawn Pug named Broggie (after the Roger E. Broggie at WDW)

Black Pug named Ripley (After the E.P. Ripley at Disneyland)

Boston Terrier named Emma Nevada (after Ward Kimball's privatly owned train...he was one of Walt's "nine old men" animators)

Tinkerbell424
06-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Right now we have:
Cat - Romeo
Cat - Julie
Cat - Lizzee
Cat - Yuggee
Hamster - Peanut
Hamster - Butter
Hamster - Jelly
A few more hamsters.
Fish - Jupiter
Fish - Arty

My mom use to have a dog named Pepsi-doodles and Taz.
My dad use to have a dog named Sage.

MomWith2Cinderellas
06-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Our cats we have now;

Shayna
Hillary
Bill
Hankey
Princess Vespa
Tinkie Cat
Hope
Fergie (Fergilicious..lol)

Hermit Crabs
Maria
Davy Jones

We are addicted to cats...lol We try to rescue anything that needs rescuing! :)

dizzy203
06-22-2007, 10:11 PM
We have a cat named Avalanche and 1 named Pebbles. Of course she has nicknames like Cocoa Pebbles or PooPoo Pebbles (my son calls her that)!
We just lost our beloved dog named Casey. When I was growing up we had 2 dogs...Chuckles and Cocoa.

Stepharia
06-22-2007, 10:13 PM
We have a dog named Pooh Bear and 2 beta fish named Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle.

darlak
06-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Two dachsies in picture at left are Sadie (on left) and Riley (puppy).

Two black cats are Noel (rescued from the interstate on...you guessed it...Christmas Eve, and one named Bailey.

Dearly loved and daily missed are:

2 large (16 & 17 pounds) orange and white tomcats named Barney and BJ. Both were named by my now 13 y/o DD when she was much younger.
Siamese named Do-Do. Named by my 22 y/o DS when he was MUCH younger for the obvious reason.

Other cats were Gracie, Mama Kitty and Lola, to name only a few.

Other dogs were Peppi, Sam, Spike, Cement, Lulu, and Roster.

DisneyGuess
06-23-2007, 09:02 AM
We have
Cats:
Tinkerbell (we call her Tink for sort)
Ms. Kitty (not very imaginative, but it fits her attitude :lmao: )

Dogs:
Zoey
Rolie Polie Olie (we call him Olie for short)

Zoey and Olie were both gotten when my youngest was still into the Playhouse Disney shows. :thumbsup2

donald&daisy
06-23-2007, 09:37 AM
DBF and I have:
Shih Tzu--Chewie (short for Chewbacca)
Persian--Mr. Jinx (no he doesn't use the human toliet, but is fastidious with the litter box)

My parents have/had:

Cairn Terrier--Snuggles (not so snuggly)
Lhasa Apso--Tye
White cat--Crystal
Two black and white sisters--Thelma and Louise
Black and white boy--Boy George
Border Collie--Bailey
Mixed breed--Gypsy
St. Bernard--Patch (he had a patch only over one eye)
Collie--Lady

We are big pet lovers!

MouseLover
06-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Pets from childhood:
Dixie (white w/ brown bird dog) & Phillip (Black Lab)
Cats:
Kitty Blue (Russian blue)
Smokey (Russian blue mix)
Babette (Siamese)
Cocoa (Siamese)
Arnold (Gray tabby)
Tiger (Orange tabby)
Tigger (orange tabby)
Catfish (black & white)
Fluffy (Calico)
Spotty (black & white)
Whitey (ummm.... white)

Adult Pets: Dogs: Rafferty (Irish Setter), Jake & Lady (Black Labs)
Cats:
Nosey (Siamese Mix), Kitty (gray tabby); Chip (black&white), Arnie (gray tabby with white belly), Callie (muted Calico).

Current: cats: Jackson (black) and Whiskers (gray & White)

Michele
06-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Right now we have 2 dogs

Max-male Golden Retriever
Riley-female beagle mix

Pets who have passed

Jake-male Golden Retriever
Casey-female Golden Retriever
Rowdy-male Golden Retriever

Shadow-female black cat
CJ-male black and white cat

Childhood pets

Dogs-Buffy and Dusty
Cats-Tuffy, Tiger, Socks, Joey and Cassie

KingdomHearts
06-23-2007, 10:06 AM
We have two dogs, our westie-poodle mix is called Winnie, she was named after Bette Midlers character in Hocus Pocus.. Winifred Sanderson.. and also Captain Jack Sparrow.

CaptHook34
06-23-2007, 10:10 AM
We have a golden, and we wanted to call her Nala from th lion king.

becalubob
06-23-2007, 10:36 AM
From childhood:
Rabbit -- Daisy
Sheltie---Katie

Currently we have a poodle/lab cross named Sapa. ("Sapa" is Sioux for "black", and you guessed it, he's black!)

I would like to get another dog also in the next few years... lately I like the name Prarie... my daughter likes Shelley.

sara74
06-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Shelby chocolate lab named after a town in Montana that our friend lived in

Libby mixed longhair cat that we 'liberated' from a neighbor that was mistreating her.

Our next dog will be 'Hoover', 'trash' or 'garbage' since we are always telling the kids to put something in the garbage and 9 times out of ten the dog ends up eating whatever it was anyway!

zippy doo dah
06-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I like this thread, it's fun to see all the names of our four legged family members. I have fun naming our furry friends because I like to see what their personality is and name them based on that, so I'll tell you the name and how they got that name...

We only have cats at this point a mama cat and both litters of her babies (same daddy too - she's a one guy lady :love: )

Kira - she's very dainty yet extremely opinionated like a character on a tv show I used to watch

Princess Tiger (PT for short) - kids named her - they fought over Princess and Tiger b/c she fit both personalities, so we compromised and comboed

Bear - when he was born, he was much larger than his sister PT and he was black like a bear cub and he had very large paws b/c he has 8 toes on each front paw

Squeakers - he came out squeaking and always was the loudest in the basket

Mr. McBuzz - yes that is his full name and that is exactly what we call him - he was purring from day 1 which my vet confirmed and was very surprised by(it sounded like clicking)

Little Miss - she lives with my MIL and she calls her Daphne Rebecca - but to us she was our little diva who had a very delicate way about her

watersbland
06-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Current Pets:
Black pomeranian -- Gizzie/Gizmo
Black cat -- Molly
Tabby and white cat -- Macy
Black and white kitten -- Cosmo

Pets of the more recent past:
As a teenager, I also had a cat named for Wednesday b/c we got him on that day of the week. But we named him Miercoles (spanish for wed) and called him Cole. He had an identical brother that we named smokey for the smoke blue/gray color.

Candid
06-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Currently we have:

Dog - A Sheltie named Cooper (reg. name Sunnyseas Cyffaill Cooper)
Cat - Duffy
Way too many guppies to name them all (about 80 including babies at last count)!

Lovingly missed:

Dog - A Chow named Chynna
Cats -
Misty (the best cat EVER!!)
Felix
Jynx

Psaltea
06-23-2007, 12:09 PM
We have had a few:

A long time ago.. almost 15 yrs ago a pet pot belly pig named Petunia LOL
A Ferret named Farrah... that was her name before purchasing her.

And about 10 yrs ago a Bichon Frise named Psalty.

We now have a Bichon Frise and her name is Cotton
and least I forget, we just got a beta fish named Bamboo.. as it is in a fish bowl with my bamboo plant and DD named it.

Tanya90210
06-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Cats:
Stizzer (dh named her as a teenager ;) )
Radar (pointy ears)
Zues
Spaz (yes she earned her name)
Fluffy (3yo DD named her)

Dogs:
(got them during a phase)
Buffy-Pomeranian
Angel-Sheltie

our fish have no names so that's all of em

chaoscent
06-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Current Animals
Cat - Chaos (because he casued chaos where ever he went when first brought him home)
Belgian Shepherd - Kismet (because it was fate that we found her)

Animals no longer with us
Mutts - TJ (for Texas Jack). Texas was his name, my Uncle Jack had just died so I combined the names and shortened it to TJ.
- Lady - it fit her to a T, she was the perfect dog and such a lady.
Cat - Stegmier (spelling) named after a beer that cost us 3 quarts for $1.10 (now that was quite a few years ago). :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

My screen name
Chaos Cent (my cat and my name Penny or one cent) :goodvibes

MindyLuvsMickey
06-23-2007, 01:21 PM
I had two ferrets when I was in college. They were Caesar and Chloe.

i also had two boxers, Killian and Cleo.

valleygirl
06-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Currently we have a cat named Marley but we usually call her spazzy-lou, a dog named Bump (she was rescued from an abusive home as a puppy and had a big bump on her head so the shelter named her bump and the name stuck) and a hermit crab named Herbert. We recently lost our cat Daphne and our gerbils Rafiki and Zazu.

jmlaw
06-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Currently:

Cassie - the sweetest yellow lab you'll ever meet, but we call her Skooch because of how she moves and is always wagging her tail (along with the rest of her body) while trying to walk.

Dearly Missed:

Chloe - beautiful gray cat (no particular breed)
Merlin - Huge tiger cat
Taffy - Imperial poodle

momof5boys
06-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I have a dog named Ramen (like Ramen noodles?!) His breed? He's a schnoodle! So I have a Ramen schnoodle! :lmao: (and yes I named him)

dreamn_Disney
06-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I have a dog named Ramen (like Ramen noodles?!) His breed? He's a schnoodle! So I have a Ramen schnoodle! :lmao: (and yes I named him)

That one is just way to cool and I am laughing with the schnoodle not at him:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Kazzy1548
06-25-2007, 06:54 AM
Someone gave us a beautiful black lab called Brewsky, who after a while started to be called Booky by our 3 year old DD. So we went from drinking to gambling, real wholesome..:rotfl:

Kazzy:hippie:

aubriee
06-25-2007, 07:11 AM
I have a shih tzu named Maggie (AKC: Aubriee's Little Miss Maggie)--the Aubriee part is after my grandaughter, an Akita named Niko (AKC: Logan's Sir Niko)--the Logan part after my grandson, and a Macaw parrot named Jonah (as in big as a whale:rolleyes: ).

Dearly missed pets:

Pekinese: Gizmo (AKC: J'Cott's Gizmo-the J'Cott after both my sons)
Rottie: Tai (AKC: My Tai Bear)
Rottie: Little Bit (AKC: J'cott's Little Bit)
Conure (parrot): J.J.

KimmyDisneyNerd
06-25-2007, 07:37 AM
I have two kitties...
Male; Meeko (looks like a racoon)
Female; Aurora (we call her Rory for short)

Yes... we are hard core Disney Family lol.

I keep meaning to put a pic of them up too they are my Disney babies.

punksmom
06-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Had two cats...one white called Salt, one grey called Pepper. Salt has since passed away - we miss him terrible.

Years ago a friend on mine had two orange tabbies - **** and Span :rotfl:

punksmom
06-25-2007, 07:58 AM
not sure why I got the **** but it is to read s p i c and span

flrickd
06-25-2007, 08:09 AM
We have a new Brittany named Roxy (10 wks )
http://shutter03.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/03/005/7A/FD/FD/B1/8BoWQO2jUXN4u8NFWDj1ZeY1MM9HU9bR0300.jpg

milleali
06-25-2007, 08:18 AM
We have 2 dogs one named Sam and the other Doby!

KimmyDisneyNerd
06-25-2007, 08:20 AM
We have a new Brittany named Roxy (10 wks )
http://shutter03.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/03/005/7A/FD/FD/B1/8BoWQO2jUXN4u8NFWDj1ZeY1MM9HU9bR0300.jpg

OMG, how precious! I love Brittanys! My aunt has 3 of them.

SnowWhiteDancer
06-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Here are my pets names:

Maltese (dog) : Cubbie
Cocker Spaniel (another dog): Sara

Guinea Pigs: Chipper and Chewy

Frogs: Buck and ChiChi

:)

slyjly
06-25-2007, 08:30 AM
We have a 11 yr.old long hair black cat named Jasmin - Jazzy for short. She was named after Disney's Princess Jasmin by my DGD.:)
We have a 6 yr. old cocker spaniel named Sandy - she was already named when we got her.
We have a 7 yr. old Akita named Deuce
And our newest addition is a grey and white kitten named Pocky.

DizzyKitten
06-25-2007, 08:50 AM
We have a one yerar old cockapoo and his name is Milo. He's the cutest thing too. We call him the Professor because sometimes he looks as though he should be wearing a tweed jacket with a pipe sticking out of his mouth.

DizzDoll
06-25-2007, 08:54 AM
We've had:

A mixed breed collie: Ginger
A mixed breed terrier: Sneakers
A chocolate lab: Daisy
A cat: Muffin
A cat: Pook
A cat: Dinah - currently 11 years old
Various anoles - most notable: Newtie
Goldfish: Rose and Finlan (don't ask me...:confused3 ) - still have them and they're 4 and 9, respectively. Our last Rose died in '03 at the age of 11 - pretty old for a gold fish
Bettas: Aiden, Fish-a-Fish, Sebastian and Sushi

EliPat
06-25-2007, 09:14 AM
We have a pug. Her name is Maggie (CKC: Maggie Mae) named for the Rod Stewart song.

A turtle: Michael Kelly - DS and DD couldn't make up their mind on what to call it. One wanted Michael and one wanted Kelly so we compromised.

The pets that have gone on before us: (Some of these were my childhood pets) :sad:

Hamsters:
Mr. Wuggles
Romeo
Juliet
Peg (she had a bum leg)
Cat: Tiger (striped orange tabby)
Cat: Tabby(black and white tabby)
Dogs:
Sandy
Buttons
Prissy
Fish: Barney (my DD named him when she was 3 years old)

njdisneyfreak
06-25-2007, 09:18 AM
:dogdance: :dogdance: :dogdance:
Growing up, we had a German Shepherd/Norwegian Elkhound mix, that my sister and I named Lucky. paw: We were young when we got him and our thoughts were that he was lucky to have us. :rotfl:

Currently, my DH and I have a Shih Tzu we named Cuddles paw: after we noticed that cuddling is his most favorite thing to do. :goodvibes

My DH has had a few dogs, he lovingly still remembers, as a child:
Yorkie named Toy paw:
Lpaso Apso (don't know if that's how it's spelled) named Short Stuff paw:
Poodle named Little Bit paw:
Chihuahua named Taco paw:
Cocker Spaniel named Brownie paw:

muffinsmom
06-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi,
I have a bunny named Muffin Van Der Bunny and a flying Squirrel named Cupcake Von Squirrely (kind of a pastry theme :))...My dd flying Squirrel is named Gizmo:hippie:

Candid
06-25-2007, 11:18 AM
not sure why I got the **** but it is to read s p i c and span

I think I know punksmom! According to Wikipedia: s p i c (also spelled spik, s p i c k, or spig) is an offensive ethnic slur used in the United States and occasionally in the United Kingdom[1] for a person from Latin America or of Latino/Hispanic descent, sometimes including Spanish and Brazilian persons.

DopeyKel
06-25-2007, 01:18 PM
We currently have:

Mocha--a chocolate Lab
Moo-moo--a Large (25 lb) black cat who is half Siamese
Elphaba--a Himalayan named by my 16 year old (think Wicked-that's the wicked witch of the West when a school girl)

We are getting a Westie who will be named Daisy.

cryssi
06-25-2007, 07:03 PM
we have a mutt named Shenzi...named because she looks like a hyena! :rotfl:

Stan's MaggieMouse
06-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Currently we have cats: Joy, Mama Kitty, Spider (who is Mama Kitty's son) and Hide. One dog: Danny. One rabbit who doesn't really have a name, I call her Bunbuns, my DH calls her Rusty, I don't know. :confused3 One ferret: Meeko. The chickens don't have names. Three horses: Wrangler (short for Wrangler's Full Moon his registered name), Dusty and Houston.

Previous cats: May, September, January, August, Megan, Willow, Missy, Phaedra, Chloe, Kelly, Tabitha, Sherman, Inky (all gone to a better place).

Previous dogs: Chrissy, Peace, Heinz, Midnight, Kim.

Previous horse: Major aka Stoney's Major (My DH sadly had to send him over the Rainbow Bridge)

Numerous previous gerbils and hamsters most of the names I do not remember.

Kazzy1548
06-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Hi everyone
Here are some names of the pets we had over the years.

Cat- Moka
Hamster -Lily
budgie- WINNIE
Dog- Brewsky
Geco- Kiki

See ya later:hippie:

GSD4ME
06-26-2007, 08:42 AM
As you can see in my picture, we have 2 German Shepherds. The one on the left is Segun (pronounced like "Cajun," but with an "S" at the beginning), and the one on the right is Kaiya [pronounced Ki (with a long "i" sound) - ah]. Their "official" AKC names are: Sir Segun of Shingle Creek and Lady Kaiya of Shingle Creek. Of course, they have their share of nicknames, too. Segun is Buddy Dog, "You with the Big Brown Eyes," and Bubby. Kaiya is also know as Baby and Miss Piggy (because she can eat her food in less than 30 seconds - no lie!).

We also have two cats, named Scooter and Gracie. Gracie's only nickname is Gracie Kitty, but Scooter is Scooty, Scoots, Bones, Stinky, Stinker Brat, and Love Bug.

The funniest thing is, not only do the animals know their own nicknames but they know who you mean when you talk about one of other animals by their nicknames, too!! :lmao:

hawkeyesparks
06-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Siamese Cat: Caroline
Collie: Chaucer (after the author of the Canterberry Tales, my wife's
English Teacher)

Great Dane: Cooper

PurpleGownGirl
06-26-2007, 09:10 AM
First Post! :cheer2:

We have 2 full grown cats (boy and girl) named Fin and Ariel.

redsonja
06-26-2007, 10:05 AM
2 black pugs . . . Casey & Finnigan. We were big Mr. Dress Up fans!

QueenGoblin
06-26-2007, 10:08 AM
CUCHULAIN -- my Beta fish in college
NEMO -- my first dog as an adult, he died just last year. He was actually named Nemo because it means Nobody in Latin and he was a stray. He was a heinz 57, kind of beagle ish but black with brown points.
BOUDICCA -- 100 lb Bouvier mix. She looks like a warrior queen, thus the name, but she is a wuss at heart.
QUEEN MAB- Fluffy white kitty.

Growing up we had Dusty and Snuffy, white standard poodles named by my brothers and me as kids.

BWV Dreamin
06-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Heidi.......she is a poodle/schnauzer mix. Is the princess of the house! princess:

dreamn_Disney
06-26-2007, 10:49 AM
First Post! :cheer2:

We have 2 full grown cats (boy and girl) named Fin and Ariel.

Congrats on your first post and welcome to the boards. We are a friendly bunch for the most part and there is an endless wealth of knowledge on here.

PamNC
06-26-2007, 11:24 AM
this is going to take awhile. These are current pets.

Horses: Shadow, Mister, Colby, Cheddar

Dogs: Carlisle, Casey

Chickens: Comet, Phyllis

Inside Cats: Silvio, Bailey, Madison, Peppy

Outside Cats: Clinton, Carmella, Kimball, Ollie, Harlem, Solo, Brie.

Whew! That was hard to do. As you can imagine, we live on a farm.

Okay, some past pet names. Horses: Lucky Star, Tiki. I had a cocker spaniel named Lady (named after Lady and the Tramp of course), a mutt named Mitch, another cocker spaniel named Flower. I had a Siamese Cat named Sesame, let's see...there was a cat named Lucas, Casper, Jewels. My beloved Camille passed away last year. She was a beautiful medium haired cat I rescued from the shelter. I had her a delightful 16 years. I once had a bird named Tweety. He was a parakeet. I had a bunny named Peter Rabbit.

I've had so many animals in my lifetime, I couldn't possibly name them all.

PamNC

PamNC

PurpleGownGirl
06-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Congrats on your first post and welcome to the boards. We are a friendly bunch for the most part and there is an endless wealth of knowledge on here.

(not to highjack) Thank you! I've been lurking for years. I don't know why I chose this as my first post. lol

Pirate Me
06-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Parakeets: Cabbage, Tirty, Elvis (canary), Snowflake, Pablo, Linda
Fish: Princess, Bob, Goldy (several), Bubbles, Spots
Frog: Hopper, Frogger
Dog: Fluffy

Princess Amy
06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Let's see....right now we have a kitten named Holly. We just had to let go of her sister, Noel. :sad1: We have a turtle named Thunder (DS5 named him...don't ask where he got the name).

Pets I've already had were: 2 cats - Boo and another Noel; 5 dogs - Candy, Pincher, Frisky, Peaches, and Chopper; 1 rabbit - Thumper; lots and lots of fish (do they count? :confused3); 1 horse - Lucas

I'm sure I'm missing some. But that's as far back as my memory goes...:laughing:

Vijoge
06-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Past pets:
Chihuahua/Rat Terrier named Pee Wee (his father's name was Peanut)
Sulcata tortoise (100+ lbs full grown) named Hugo
Red eared slider (male) named Myrtle (the Turtle)
White rat named Snowball
Brown rat named Brownie
Hamster named Shinobi
3 legged hamster named Tripod
Snail named Frick
Snail named Frack
Poodle/American EsKimo mix named Scruffy
Springer Spaniel named Fergie
Springer Spanied named Susie
German Shepherd Dog named Sam
3 orphaned rabbits that we raised and released named Thumper, Peter Rabbit and Buggs
Horse named Sunrock

Current pets
Beagle named Bagel
Shihpoo named Li Kei (we call her leaky puppy)
Shihpoo named Poupon (we call her poopy puppy)

mickey8888
06-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Our animals are named:

Yellow Lab dog: Buddy
2 Cats: Minnie and Tigger

Hunbun
06-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Crowbar-a long haired Dachshund-long and skinny like a crowbar.

tarheeltink
06-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I have three cats - Dillon, Bejo, and Stella. :ccat:

cloverkat
06-26-2007, 07:06 PM
My current cat is a grey tabby named Daisy(after the duck of course).She is so affectionate she seems more like a dog than a cat and she has fur that is soft like a bunny rabbit.:cat: :daisy:

Past Pets:
Thor(Lab/setter)I truly can't imagine a sweeter dog.:dog:

Tinkerbell(calico cat)Also sweet but sadly short lived.:cat:

Clover(grey tabby)She had a bit of an attitutude but was loved just the same.:cat:

Fudgie(Teddy Bear hamster)My first pet with fur!

Indianadisneyfan
06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Goofy for a cat that I had (I'm not sure where he is right now, he is a outside cat)

Tiger for a cat I have right now.

Gizmo for a Blonde Cocker Spaniel that I have (and yes my girl friend picked that name :confused3 ).

jpaulgor
06-26-2007, 07:28 PM
In my sig, on the left is our Cocker Spaniel named Pippen, and on the right is our Chihuahua named Frodo.

PrincessJasmine1972
06-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Cats-Ash and Cricket
Dogs- Buddy and Chip
parakeet-Patches
chinchilla- Baby
Turtle- Crush
Rat- Perla

Think thats it...LOL

2Kds2K9
06-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Have to chime in here.

Currently have two Chinese Shar-Peis.

Female - Mulan
Male - Mushu

They both fit perfectly. She is the warrior princess and he's the side kick comedian.

Beta fish named Nemo of course.

Enjoy!

momtimesone
06-26-2007, 08:52 PM
rabbit passed-- chewbaca
dogs all passed since
Shadow,secret,ratso,bear,petula,chance,stormy and D.O.G we said his name as it was spelled lol.
a hybrid wolf named Isahia
cats passed-- ray guy

animals we have now
parakeets-- butter and bites
cats including strays we named LOL-- yoshi,JB,Cleo,
Dogs lucy nemo and diva
and one turtle named yurtle

italyct23
06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Since this is a Disney board, I thought I would post the names of my parents' dogs.

Cocker Spaniel: Mickey
Standard Poodle: Jasmine
Miniature Poodle: Minnie
Toy Poodle: Tinkerbell (9 weeks old)

You think they are Disney fans?

Turtle
06-27-2007, 09:25 AM
We have lots of animals!
Dogs: Marilyn and Manson (Brother picked the names, lol) Shepard mixes
Cats: Pepper, Chloe, and Sam
Birds: Hooter (umbrella cockatoo, he came w/ the name), Turtle (quaker), Cricket (Hahn's macaw), Indy (Senegal), Skittles (canary-winged parakeet), Cocky & Sky (cockatiels), Reese's & Speckles (parakeets), Gorgeous, Lucky, Kiwi, Pickles, Kumquat (lovebirds), Crash (society finch), and Beaker (zebra finch).

Lilo's Mom
06-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Great Question!
Animals we had when I was a child

Touche - Turtle
Tweetie - Bird
Buffy - Dog

Animals we have had since I've been married and had children

KiKi - Bird
Cleo - Fish
Mr. Muffin Man & Figaro - Cats
Skittles Marie - Dog
All of which have crossed the Rainbow Bridge :sad1:

Animals we currently have

Angel & Doyle (named for characters from Buffy & Angel shows) - cats
Harley & Lilo - dogs

Keokagal
06-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Current kitty: Captain Jack Sparrow (Sparrow for short) Russian Siberian, getting huge!
Current fish: 2 Betas Red and Blue (real clever) few unnamed goldfish

Past kitties: Lily, Fiona, Tui, Tui2, Stitches, Sally O'Malley

Childhood dogs: Sammie, Gina

Bird: Bluecon (6yo son named him?!)
other pets my kids had I can't recall names; snakes, lizards, hamsters, guinea pigs, birds, chameleons (they don't live long, esp if you leave em in the sun in their plastic covered bowl!! :scared: :sad2: )

Wish I had alpacas and chickens.

k_null81
06-27-2007, 11:41 AM
We have 3 female chihuahua's and a rescued mixed breed boy- Shea, Cocoa, Zoey and Panda

Kristin

amcjeep4life
06-27-2007, 01:03 PM
We have a houseful of pets, comes with the territory. i work as an ANimal Control Officer, so pets sort of fall into my life.

Current Dogs:
Haley- Am Staff Terrier, 12 y/o
Nacho- Chihuahua X Doxie, 9 y/o
Soleil- Doxie X Jack Russell, 5 y/0, named after Cirque du Soleil
Autumn- Chihuahua X Poodle, 5 y/o, adopted the first day of...
Wedge- Terrier mix of some sort, named after my DH's car's engine, a 440 Max Wedge. Don't ask!

Current Cats:
Sierra- 14 y/o long haired torti
Kendall- 8 y/o short haired torti tiger
Cheddar- 6 y/o short hair orange tiger

Also have a rescued Ball Python named Mr. Slithers, and a Betta fish named Bertie Bott (from Harry Potter)

Recently lost a 3 1/2 y/o pekingese x cairn Terrier named Piglet. She snorted like her namesake from the time she was born. She had many health issues, hence the very short life. Other past dogs include:

Maple Sugar Kandy, a rotti with the evilest disposition imaginable
Lucky Charms, a Springer Spaniel
Patsy, a pointer mix with a heart o' gold! adopted on St. Patsy's day
Hellz Bellz A Ringin, a French Bulldog. Her sister, Wreakin Havok (Rocke) still is with my parents
Batty Koda, a Frenchie. Named after the bat in Fern Gully
Le Chien de Cochon, another Frenchie, called Cooch. His name meant the dog of Hog. We're bikers.

Too many to think about right now. I guess I will have a full house when I meet my crew at the rainbow bridge!

Moonpie
06-27-2007, 01:13 PM
My new westie puppy is named, Poppy (she's in my siggie) :cutie: ...she's 13 weeks old!

But other pet names I like are...
Buttons
Pocket
Peanut
Dixie
Hazel

mickenme
06-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Current -
Black lab named Jasmine. She has beautiful black hair just like Pricess Jasmine.
Cockatiels - Buddy and Moondoggie - Gidget flew away

Pets over the Rainbow Bridge
Quaker parakeet - Crikey
Labs: Cory
Cali
Goofy - she really was!

cybertheo
06-28-2007, 01:00 PM
My Cats -

Pablo Skinnytail and Pedro Whitesocs

Pablo has an unusual tail that hangs over his head and Pedro has little white mittens...

Zoom
06-28-2007, 05:44 PM
We have a chihuahua named Jack-Jack(from Incredibles) and had hermit crabs before..... woody and buzz.

MissyDVC
06-28-2007, 06:45 PM
We have a 2 year old Yorkie named Mickey Mouse :love:

Jennifer03
06-29-2007, 02:11 AM
My hamster's name was Shelly, and my dog's name is Crystal. :)

stemikger
06-29-2007, 03:52 AM
My little guy Bocelli we call him Bo. He is a 4 and a half year old Shi-Tzu and is the love of my life.

mouseaddicts
06-29-2007, 05:22 AM
I have to start with the ones over the rainbow bridge:
Cats - 2 large (VERY LARGE) orange tabby's - Frank and Beans
Yellow Lab named Clorox
Cat named Ajax

All loved & dearly missed!

Currently:

Golden Retriever named Comet (after his predecessor & the household cleaner)
Cat named Smith (from Mary Poppins ... the man with the wooden leg)

aidansmommy
06-29-2007, 05:51 PM
We have:

-chihuahua named Beaker(the hubby is a muppet fan)

-husky/shep. mix named Ludo(a movie with davide bowie in it. any takers?):rolleyes1

-husky/collie mix named Mushu(sp?)-after the "dragon" in Mulan!

-a cat named Frank(Sinatra)

-a cat named Maddie(I honestly have no idea why I named her that):rolleyes:

zanzibar138
06-30-2007, 07:24 AM
Hi all! Long time listener... first time caller...

I just love animals and pets, so this thread was too difficult to resist!

Currently my family has:
Quarter Horse - Elvis (real name is Jet N Peppy)
Jack Russell x - Comet (I noticed there's another one around!) and Venus

Previous pets have been:
Pony (unknown breed) - King
Welsh Ponies - Silver, Eli (Ballangeich Elohesra - try saying that 3 times fast)
Arabian x - Moon, Merlin (Yule Tara's Merlin)
Thoroughbred - Clyde
Australian Riding Pony - Magic (Sanlirra Magic Moments), Rossie (Cheraton Ross)
Australian Stock Horse - Zani (Yarrayong Zanzibar)

German Shepherds - Sherlock, Lexi (Alexia)
Blue Heeler - Rambo
Cats - Pokey (unknown breed) and Cinders (Chinchilla x)

And that's my two cents...

Lana

Belle Ella
06-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Current pets:
- 2 cats: a big fat grey guy named Meeko and a little tortie name Cinderella (just "Ella" for short)
- 1 dog: a border collie, Simon

Past pets:
- 3 cats: Morgan (siamese), Zime (siamesse), Blackie (... black cat, lol)
- 2 birds: Oberon and Titania (parakeets)

maiziezoe
06-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Two cats... Maizie and Zoe, which happens to be my log in name!

BCV2002
06-30-2007, 12:17 PM
We named our dog Bear. It has many meanings. He was named after the Chicago Bears (woohoo!) and after Bear in the Big Blue House. He has many nicknames too (I know we're lame):

Pirate name: Captain Bearbossa
Game show host name: Bear Barker

Those are just to name a few. :)

pixdust
06-30-2007, 06:14 PM
A Boston Terrier named Sophie Lou(Princess Sophia Louise Looks to the Stars) a Dappled Mutant "minature" Daschund named Fritzie D Howard.
Tad and Todd the toad twins
Bluey and Snorlax the Dumpy Frogs and
Darcy, Bacarat, Zorro and Jacques the parrots.

pixdust
06-30-2007, 06:15 PM
A Boston Terrier named Sophie Lou(Princess Sophia Louise Looks to the Stars) a Dappled Mutant "minature" Daschund named Fritzie D Howard.
Tad and Todd the toad twins
Bluey and Snorlax the Dumpy Frogs and
Darcy, Bacarat, Zorro and Jacques the parrots.